Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 28 Oct 2004, 12:44 (Ref:1138822)   #1
cetv.nl
Rookie

cetv.nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
request for assistance preparation race movie

I got what I asked for...and am I happy now?
At last I got the permission from the company I work for to find out whether its possible to get enough support to start the preparation of a true and realistic F1 racing motion picture. No offence, but there are a few movies made that are more about explosions and effects then the racing sport and the people who make it all happen.

Let me explain what the story COULD be:
A boy/girl meet a neighbour who is really into modelcars and he is someone who is a bit the quite type, we find out that he once was a technician that left the sports for a very personal reason (it can be anything, but negative!)
The boy/girl has a close friend girl/boy and after some quarrels the team up and with the knwoledge of this neighbour they hit the internet and start contacting the insiders and the get a response: 'long time not seen' and the lies start here. since they used his identity they get questions, and they get the answers from the neighbour, this way their contact feels sorry for what somehow happened all these years ago. These kids/teens are realy into autosports and when they/neighbour get the invitation to visit the team, they have a hard time between what they did and want. So they at they end confess and they get to visit the team and then the become part of the racing family it still is and can be.

What do you get to see?
1. through the flashbacks from the neighbour the recent past of the sport, the images otherwise not seen, the stories of the team, sponsors, crew families,
2. by telling the kids the history of the modelcars the photos in books ont the wall and so on we travel into this era of the early days: Fangio, Caraciolla ....
3. the kids search the internet and meet fans who are becoming part of the film as a cameo/guest appereance (you?)
4. the kids are playing a race game need i say more?
5. the kids watch videos and TV about autosports and we travel into the real race event and see whats going on and what the TVviewer is missing out
6. the fact that the kids are chatting with a member of a team we travel with him in present time, therefore we witness the team, crw, volenteers, paddock and so on

what do I need now?
1. intention agreements that if we get the financing for the scriptwriting and storyboarding process which takes up to three months and we need stories, anecdotes, footage drawings no matter what, we can get it without loosing time. You will be embursed for your time or costs!
2. I have to prove that their is a market out their for a movie that shows what this sport is about: true passion, real people and the usual high and lows, I want to show that most people DONT make a fortune and technicians give a lot in order to support their team, that a racetrack cannt survive without the volenteers. I can make it up, but I want to be able to tell a storie based on your experiences, from crewmember on a kart track or as a driver or technician who once worked on a professional team
3. I have to find the upstart money....and really I still haven't figured this one out...it will be repaid as soon as the script and storyboard is approved and sold.

Who am I? I am Gerrit van Dijk and work since the early eighties in 3D CGI and animations. Since RSI ended my career as programmer I am now working as teacher and freelance writer for a company.

So I dont need your cash, nor a splash and dash for info.
All I am asking for is send me an email and let me know
that you agree to support me with your knowledge or material and explain the topix or contacts or material

I am now working on a site where you can put that info.
for now reply to: info@cetv.nl
u tell me and then i c if its ok for a storyline or characterdevelopmenst
Old 28 Oct 2004, 13:20 (Ref:1138864)   #2
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Moderators note:

Copyright.
This could be a difficult project to get off the ground. The first person you need to approach and get approval from is Bernie Ecclestone at FOM. FOM and the FIA have copyright to all F1 motion images, from the beginning and into the future.

Likewise, drawings, photographs or other material you ask for will be subject to copyright from the various owners.

Could you please advise the members here of the position of your proposals with FOM and if favourable, anyone here interested in supporting this with allowed material can contact you (Mr.Van Dijk) directly via e-mail.
Old 28 Oct 2004, 18:07 (Ref:1139143)   #3
cetv.nl
Rookie

copyrights

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Kitson
Moderators note:

Copyright.
This could be a difficult project to get off the ground. The first person you need to approach and get approval from is Bernie Ecclestone at FOM. FOM and the FIA have copyright to all F1 motion images, from the beginning and into the future.

Likewise, drawings, photographs or other material you ask for will be subject to copyright from the various owners.

Could you please advise the members here of the position of your proposals with FOM and if favourable, anyone here interested in supporting this with allowed material can contact you (Mr.Van Dijk) directly via e-mail.

FIRST OFF ALL EVERYONES COPYRIGHTS WILL BE HONOURED
BUT IF THE DEMANDS ARE UNPOSSIBLE TO BE MET WE CAN DECIDE NOT USE SOMETHING. IF WE RECEIVE A STORYLINE THEN WE WILL CREDIT THIS ACCORDINGLY
PHOTO'S AND DRAWINGS ARE ONLY GOING TO BE USED IN ORDER TO GET THINGS RIGHT NOT IN OR AS PART OF THE MOVIE, SO BY USING IT IN THE RESEARCH DOENST REQUIRE COPYRIGHT PAYMENT SINCE THERE IS NO ENFRINGEMENT, AND THE OWNER OF THE COPYRIGHT CAN ALSO GIVE IT FOR FREE SINCE HE NEVER WILL LOOSE HIS OWNERSHIP OF HIS COPYRIGHT

REGARDING FOM/FIA
I AM AWARE OF THIS POSITION, BUT I AM EQUALLY CONVINCED THAT IF THE SCENARIO IS IN HIS ADVANTAGE AND GIVES BACK SOME OF THE RACES TO THE AUDIENCE AFTER THE WINNING STREAK OF ONE DRIVER AND HIS FORMIDABLE TEAM, IF RECEIVED ALREADY SEVERAL COMMENTS THAT F1 LATELY BECOMES BOARING AND THAT THE WOULD APPRECIATE A MOVIE ABOUT THE RACE WITH MORE THEN A SUPERHERO AT HIS WHEEL

REGARDING PAYEMENT FOR RIGHT OF FOM
IF BOTH WANT SOMETHING DONE THEN THE SOLUTION IS POSSIBLE
DONT FORGET THAT A MOVIE ALSO MEANS ADDITIONAL EXPOSURE FOR THE SPONSORS AND SO ON, I AM AWARE THAT WE ALSO HAVE TO SIT DOWN WITH ALL THESE SPONSORS FOR THEIR DEMANDS AND OUR REQUIREMENTS

I DIDNT CLAIM IT TO BE EASY, ALL I NEED IS TO SEE IF WE CAN THIS PROJECT STARTED, THATS EXACTLY WHY EVERYONE IS SO RELUCTANT TO GET IT FIGURLY ON THE ROAD

BUT THE IMPOSSIBLE IS THE INTERESSTING
Old 28 Oct 2004, 19:03 (Ref:1139185)   #4
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well good luck anyway. As I said, anyone willing to provide material should be aware of any copyright issues.
Dealing with FOM will not be cheap and as you say, the sponsors and teams will want a cut too.
Old 28 Oct 2004, 19:40 (Ref:1139215)   #5
cetv.nl
Rookie

the F1 story has to be told

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Kitson
Well good luck anyway. As I said, anyone willing to provide material should be aware of any copyright issues.
Dealing with FOM will not be cheap and as you say, the sponsors and teams will want a cut too.

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS
1. everyone will receive a non disclosure
2. everyone who offers anything has to sign s disclaimer
3. everyone will receive a code for registration and receive after uploading a confirmation with a number and date so both can have a proof.
4. everyone will have the coice to volunteer it for free
or demands expects to be paid
5. we cannot start by cresting legal disasters by false claims after the movie is made
6. I AM NOT IN IT FOR THE MONEY it believe it to be a hell of a story with images that will be thrilling and do justice to the sport
7. FOM lets face it would there be a story without BE or would there be a F1 as it is without his vision or sense for business? Think not regarding all the accidents that happened in the early days
8. and discussing the involvement with FOM/BE and or TEAMS depends on what is sensable and at the otherhand we will have a lot to offer when we cooperate. ENHANCING THE MYTH and creating IDENTIFICATION with a sport that needs more spice and feel or emotions so the TV audiences stay tuned.
9. as you can imagine its not wise to give negotiation matters out into the open even before a script excists.
10. its not a hobby project, its not a movie that will depict the sport in a negative way, I am not interested in disappointing the fans off a beautiful and fascinating sport where the three key elements come together:
HUMAN ENDURANCE AND VISION
LAWS OF NATURE
MECHANICS OF TECHNOLOGY
so far so good

I could use some advice how to get the fans willing to get this information out into the open

by the way I am sorry for my bad grammar, but I do my best.

info@cetv.nl