Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 9 Aug 2005, 11:00 (Ref:1375691)   #1
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FF1600 race for the Leinster Trophy - Mondello - September 11th

Many of you will have already seen the exciting news that the Leinster Trophy will be presented to the winner of the All-Ireland/Southern Ireland FF1600 race at Mondello Park on Sunday, 11th September.

This is a tremendous coup for FF1600 racing as in the past it has been presented to the winners of numerous famous names racing in high-profile categories. Jason Watt, Vincenzo Sospiri, Mika Hakkinen, JJ Lehto, Mauricio Gugelmin, Ayrton Senna, Eddie Jordan, John Watson... the list goes on. This will be the first time that this prestigious prize has been awarded for a FF1600 race. Well done to all those concerned who have made it happen.

Given the number of Irish who come over to England on a regular basis for the knockout events and also regular championship rounds it really is about time that some guys gave the Irish organisers some support support and hopped over the Irish Sea to Mondello. I know that you will be made very welcome, and I also understand that the organisers are working hard to come up with some very attractive incentives (of the financial variety, to add to the very big incentive of getting your name on the same trophy as Senna, et al).

Other than the Historic race at Thruxton, there is no other FF1600 racing on in the UK during that weekend so there is absolutely no excuse for this not to be well supported by the massed ranks of English, Welsh and even Scottish FF1600 racers.

So, who is going?
Old 12 Aug 2005, 07:14 (Ref:1380417)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!

So no-one then?
Old 12 Aug 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1380854)   #3
Athgoe Racing
Racer

Athgoe Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on lads ! looks like there will be free entres and testing for you foreigners/newcomers to our green island.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 18:23 (Ref:1380858)   #4
JEB
Veteran

JEB has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If someone can pass me the details of who to contact, I will offer the winner of the Leinster Trophy a free entry to the 2005 BRDC Walter Hayes Trophy at Silverstone on November 5-6th.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 18:32 (Ref:1380861)   #5
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
James, see this link:

http://www.ff1600.co.uk/index.php?id=534
Old 12 Aug 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1380896)   #6
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
If u don't get Jim, drop me a PM - I can put you in touch with some of the others.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 19:52 (Ref:1380901)   #7
Athgoe Racing
Racer

Athgoe Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats great James, Jim purcell is looking after it James ill PM you with his details.
Old 13 Aug 2005, 18:20 (Ref:1381492)   #8
Me and My Swift
Rookie

Ireland
Meath
Me and My Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have a car available for this if anyone is interested and it is not too slow either. Just call 00353 86 8148811 and we can work out a deal !!!!
Old 14 Aug 2005, 18:37 (Ref:1382069)   #9
SCOBER11
Racer

SCOBER11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget free set of tyres for winner and also it looks like there might be a prize fund of a 1000euro,still a bit hush hush at the moment,infact it might be the first time you take out your ff1600 and go home richer.........
Old 16 Aug 2005, 07:03 (Ref:1383311)   #10
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Well interestingly enough, Jim Purcell was out in Mondello in his own Fordie on Sunday. Unfortunately, he was up against a 250 gearbox kart and a Fireblade ridden by Martin Finnegan, so he didn't really have a shot at winning, but he looked pretty good out there all the same!
Old 16 Aug 2005, 19:23 (Ref:1383962)   #11
SCOBER11
Racer

SCOBER11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What secret testing for Mr Purcell..........Did he fill it up with petrol this time??
Old 17 Aug 2005, 07:07 (Ref:1384320)   #12
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Hardly secret given that the circuit was full of folks from the Bubblegum Club rally plus it was the Karting Race of Champions event.......... And I am assuming he was ok in the petrol department as he finished!