Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Jul 2000, 01:03 (Ref:25136)   #1
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Minardi believe that they could qualify one of their cars, (Gene obviously), in the top 12! It sounds absurd but if you think about it, it is not that far off. Their cosworth is four years old and heavy, but it does make a lot of power from what I hear. And looking at the car, it is very clean, and the Italian team believe that in low downforce set-up it could be fast.

I hope they are right, but the problem is that there are a lot of other teams that will also benefit from the low downforce nature of the track.

If any one would care to join me...
G G G GO MINARDI!!!

more info at: http://f1rumors.net/archive/2000/29/07-21.html

Old 24 Jul 2000, 02:40 (Ref:25158)   #2
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it looks like Minardi Fan has a friend.

I doubt that. Horse Power is a big part of a lap of Hockenheim, but it won't get you 10 places if you are still slow on the twisty bits.
Old 24 Jul 2000, 05:21 (Ref:25166)   #3
Mr.S
Racer

Hey the're a nice little team, I mean they allways move aside when being lapped by Ralf, well passing one isn't exactly a very hard thing to do!

And your right, I hadn't considered how much time the twisty section can cost you.

Old 24 Jul 2000, 11:43 (Ref:25199)   #4
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It could happen.

Gene would have been 14th on the grid in Oz were it not for a spin on his last flying lap. Both Minardis can be found in the top 12 during practice sessions.

And of course, in 1999 Marc Gene was 15th on the grid at Hockenheim - AND they put in a stunning performance at the A1 Ring. Also the car is usually better at low downforce circuits.

Not forgetting the gap is closing anyway - they are now only 2 seconds off pole, and 1 second off of 8th place on the grid.

Minardi have done a bloody great job this year.

I say Gene can do it.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO MINARDI!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!
Old 24 Jul 2000, 17:03 (Ref:25259)   #5
SNH
Racer

England
Staffordshire, England
SNH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank God for Minardi. They try & don't give up. They have, (relatively), no money. They always have a well turned out team. They had a Ferrari engine when it was useless. I would love to see them on the podium!
Old 24 Jul 2000, 17:45 (Ref:25266)   #6
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think it'll happen just yet.
Old 25 Jul 2000, 00:07 (Ref:25358)   #7
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Oh yes it will...

Word of warning: Comments against Italy's finest team are taken very seriously in this place.

But otherwise it's lovely to have you here Ralf's Girl. Wow - female AND she likes motorsport. What more could you want???

Old 25 Jul 2000, 00:40 (Ref:25378)   #8
Mr.S
Racer

Quote:
Wow - female AND she likes motorsport. What more could you want???
-And she likes WilliamsBMW

Rare, yes very rare but valuable combination!
Old 25 Jul 2000, 02:18 (Ref:25424)   #9
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well....everyone started to notice Gene at hockenheim....and having a heavy engine is not such a big trouble for the straights as long as it produces power....I would guess that this is a race that both Minardi and Gene have been looking forward to.

And who knows.....perhaps we could expect the same performance from Mazzacane!! Ha ha ha....just kidding.
Old 25 Jul 2000, 05:01 (Ref:25465)   #10
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd hate to burst your little bubble, but so long as there is a race, there will be back markers....and from what i gather the single most important thing in F1 is money...

Ok, not putting on the optimistic hat Who will be the back markers when Minardi are winning races?
Old 25 Jul 2000, 10:27 (Ref:25485)   #11
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing

Unless Minardi can get a decent engine like the Renault, Honda or BMW, then it is only wishful thinking on our parts, sad but true. I do believe it is a great chassis, and they have made tremendous inroads in time against the others with a totally non competitive engine this year. However, Ford will not let them have the good engine that Jaguar can't do anything with, because Minardi will out qualify Jaguar if they did. So it is hopeless!!!
Old 25 Jul 2000, 12:03 (Ref:25503)   #12
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Cheers Valve!!! I told you Jaguar would not let Minardi have Cosworths because they knew they'd be outqualified.
Old 25 Jul 2000, 18:10 (Ref:25567)   #13
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.S
Quote:
Wow - female AND she likes motorsport. What more could you want???
-And she likes WilliamsBMW

Rare, yes very rare but valuable combination!
Thank you, thank you. You're all too kind! Yes, Mr.S, it seems that you are a Ralf fan too. Am I right? And are female Williams fans that hard to find?!?

Old 26 Jul 2000, 00:22 (Ref:25657)   #14
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Depends on which twit is driving the no.2 car...

Old 26 Jul 2000, 02:09 (Ref:25684)   #15
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Be nice, Minardiboy...

Honestly, M-fan, it seems that Brunner designs a pretty tidy little car each year, but plenty of decent designers have dogs under their belts. To be honest, before the season began, who would have suspected that the Minardi would be any good. Plenty of people, (myself included) thought that Prost looked, on paper at least, to have a potentially strong package for this year-boy, were we wrong!

The question many of us have implied over the past several months that you have never really concern's Minardi's future.

We all have a soft spot for them, they race for a love of the sport, do a credible job with limited resources and recall the independent spirit that seems to have mostly passed the sport by.

If Minardi were to be bought out by a large Multi-National, or forge a partnership with GM or VW; if Brunner and Minardi were to leave or be forced out; if the team were to cease being the "Minardi" we all know, would your passion be undiminished?
Old 26 Jul 2000, 10:24 (Ref:25750)   #16
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
The day the name Minardi disappears I would guess is the day my love for them diminishes. They will cease to be the team they are now. Believe me, I've thought about this loads of times - praying an engine supplier turns up!

But Minardi ain't going anywhere.

Old 26 Jul 2000, 13:23 (Ref:25801)   #17
jvilleneuve2000
Racer

jvilleneuve2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It dosent look like Minardi will be in f1 for much longer Giancarlo Minardi said that they cant carry on for much longer. It is already roumoured that a takeover has taken place, and an announcement will come in the next 2 weeks.
Old 27 Jul 2000, 11:04 (Ref:26099)   #18
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
I can still remain optimistic!!!

Old 28 Jul 2000, 02:19 (Ref:26341)   #19
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh, a name change in the works on the Forum !!!!

I can see it now, 'Multinationalbuyoutfan"
Old 28 Jul 2000, 10:54 (Ref:26411)   #20
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

LOL!! Are Minardi THE most liked team in this forum or what?! Good to see. FORZA FAENZA!!!
Old 28 Jul 2000, 11:04 (Ref:26415)   #21
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Minardi fan
Word of warning: Comments against Italy's finest team are taken very seriously in this place.

But otherwise it's lovely to have you here Ralf's Girl. Wow - female AND she likes motorsport. What more could you want???
LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY!!! The fact that Minardi is the only Italian team may have something to do with that, but... And before you start the criticism here, we all know that Scum 'owns' Ferrari, thereby making it German. Come to think of it, he's colluding (no, Craig, we're not talking about Moreno's collusion.. ) with Bernie and Mad Max...

Second bit of you post is a tad sexist, isn't it? I mean, how many females are on the Forums here? Not counting Woody, 'cos I don't think she's quite human... I happen to know anyway that Ms. Girl only has eyes for one person... RALFY!!