Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 11 Apr 2006, 13:35 (Ref:1578562)   #1
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
"How to drive" DVD's

Has anyone used the Mark Hales DVD's. showing one round circuits from the driver's view? Are they any good?
Old 11 Apr 2006, 22:33 (Ref:1579028)   #2
HiRich
Racer

HiRich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't tried the new ones, but I did have a look at the original In-Car Active production at Silverstone. I'm a big fan of Mark's writing and presentation style, and his willingness to get into more detail (so it's more than "this is the line - follow it and you'll be alright").
I doubt the DVD is worth £30 for entertainment value, but as a guide to a circuit that you've only visited a couple of times, I'd say it was worth it in saved tracktime/speed found in the qualifying session. Think of it as a step up from the Circuit Guide book.
Worth a punt on one, then add to the collection if you like it.