Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 Apr 2023, 14:34 (Ref:4151438)   #1376
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Giorgio Sanna (Lamborghini) "Two Hypercars at Daytona and Le Mans"
The presentation is imminent. The test programme should start in the summer.

https://en.endurance-info.com/auto/a...na-and-le-mans
Old 14 Apr 2023, 15:18 (Ref:4151448)   #1377
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Giorgio Sanna (Lamborghini) "Two Hypercars at Daytona and Le Mans"
The presentation is imminent. The test programme should start in the summer.

https://en.endurance-info.com/auto/a...na-and-le-mans
That is exciting! I'm hoping for a unique looking car with the Lambo and Ligier. Actually am almost as interested in seeing what Ligier has to offer compared to the competition. Twin Turbo V8 and an intriguing quote:

Quote:
The entire powertrain is already on the test bench. I can't say much more than that, but you'll gradually understand why we opted for a twin-turbo V8.
Old 14 Apr 2023, 15:51 (Ref:4151462)   #1378
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very excited to hear that Lambo will be in GTP IMSA for next year. Glad to see them progressing. Can't wait to hear that twin turbo V8 in person.
Old 26 Apr 2023, 19:41 (Ref:4153114)   #1379
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some more video of the Isotta test at Vallelunga. Sounds pretty good, I reckon, but it would be good to hear it stretching its legs a bit more.

https://youtu.be/FD4HD09aDbE
Old 2 May 2023, 03:15 (Ref:4154106)   #1380
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
This (together with the customer Porsche route) could be a possibility for United for instance if they decide they can no longer wait on a rumoured McLaren Hypercar effort (which up till this point has been nothing more than hot air) and want to continue to be part of the series next year:

Quote:
***General Motors sports car racing program manager Laura Wontrop Klauser was at Spa and hinted at possible considerations to sell the Cadillac LMDh to customers. “There’s been a lot of constraint on parts as we started this program, so I’m glad that we didn’t commit to anything beyond what we have,” she said. “But that’s starting to finally become a little bit more comfortable, and the supply chain is catching up. So I think that’s opening the door for us to have future discussions, but we don’t have a plan right now.”
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...e-notebook-17/
Old 2 May 2023, 13:02 (Ref:4154175)   #1381
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Would Porsche want to do it? I wonder if United are ready to give up on the McLaren Hypercar, nothing to suggest progress in that area. And would anyone want to work with United?
Old 2 May 2023, 13:17 (Ref:4154183)   #1382
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
United's track record pretty much speaks for itself.

And Porsche has clearly stated they would prefer new customers over existing customer (without neglecting the latter obviously, Proton is the prime example there) so if the production line allows Porsche to sell another car and United is willing/able to write the check, I'd assume a deal can be made.

Cadillac is just at the early stages of a possible customer program but the fact that the company makes public hints about it, is an excellent development. I'd expect more on the subject at a later stage (probably after LM).
Old 2 May 2023, 14:01 (Ref:4154190)   #1383
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
True, but I wonder if they can compete on the big stage still

I understand Porsche are looking for partners, as they can't do it all themselves. So they are looking for a good partnership. Not sure it will be United, I'm sure other teams are in contention

I'm looking forward to seeing what Cadillac can do, I reckon they could surprise, although it will take time
Old 2 May 2023, 14:14 (Ref:4154194)   #1384
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like whoever has an extra car to sell and United is there with a check they're gonna need to get a car and would be a great team for either. Hoping for Caddy to just get variety and either way I think we could see United selling a Daytona program to their drivers as well as WEC.
Old 2 May 2023, 17:25 (Ref:4154218)   #1385
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also remember, there is that announcement post-Le Mans about Alfa Romeo and their decision on whether they will enter with a LMH. United could either waiting or in talks with them.
Old 2 May 2023, 18:54 (Ref:4154232)   #1386
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
United are an odd one. Like Audi in LMP, they were largely responsible for raising the bar in LMP2, which the likes of JOTA, WRT & Prema duly met and have slightly surpassed.

McLaren has always been a sticking block, but for the past year or so it's become clear that it isn't worth waiting for them. Hopefully UA have already reached out to other factories. Cadillac would be great to have the quarter of super teams each with a different manufacturer (WRT/BMW, Prema/Lamborghini, JOTA/Porsche).
Old 2 May 2023, 20:51 (Ref:4154255)   #1387
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
United are an odd one. Like Audi in LMP, they were largely responsible for raising the bar in LMP2, which the likes of JOTA, WRT & Prema duly met and have slightly surpassed.

McLaren has always been a sticking block, but for the past year or so it's become clear that it isn't worth waiting for them. Hopefully UA have already reached out to other factories. Cadillac would be great to have the quarter of super teams each with a different manufacturer (WRT/BMW, Prema/Lamborghini, JOTA/Porsche).

Or Honda could come to their senses and let HPD have a go at the WEC with their LMDh...

p.s. Might be a quintet with Signatech/Alpine... or doesn't that count?
Old 2 May 2023, 20:54 (Ref:4154257)   #1388
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Hopefully next year, but at the moment most of the push comes from the US, so that is where Acura will be, at least until the Andretti/WTR tie-in can bring an ARX-06 over.
Old 2 May 2023, 21:19 (Ref:4154259)   #1389
S griffin
Veteran

I’m sure we could a few more manufacturers next year. We’ll see with Acura and whether they want to do it with Andretti. I think they are happy over there in the states and don’t feel the need to come to Europe
Old 2 May 2023, 22:33 (Ref:4154266)   #1390
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Hopefully next year, but at the moment most of the push comes from the US, so that is where Acura will be, at least until the Andretti/WTR tie-in can bring an ARX-06 over.
Yeah, I think that's the likely way forward is an Andretti car coming to LM/WEC
Old 3 May 2023, 09:16 (Ref:4154291)   #1391
S griffin
Veteran

I can actually see Andretti coming to LM, but it would probably be more likely with a European manufacturer
Old 5 May 2023, 09:16 (Ref:4154562)   #1392
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How complicated would it be to run an Acura in the WEC, aside from putting a Honda badge on it?
Old 5 May 2023, 09:18 (Ref:4154563)   #1393
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Honda in Japan have to agree to the programme and to rebadge the car - would require WEC homologation.

The car will not run in WEC as an Acura
Old 5 May 2023, 12:49 (Ref:4154605)   #1394
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And Honda of Japan seems to be the largest sticking point there currently, feels like HPD would help run one at LM just to do it but those pesky rules and regs
Old 5 May 2023, 19:17 (Ref:4154657)   #1395
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to Motorsport.com , Isott Fraschini will not race at Monza and will be at Bahrain instead. Will do more testing with the Tipo 6 to be ready for the '24 season.
Old 10 May 2023, 06:13 (Ref:4155330)   #1396
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was just wondering, what does WEC need to be perfect?
My answer was a V12..... and the Aston Valkyrie came to me
mind..... If they had been there since 2021 and with 4 cars and with the BOP, they might have already won the 24 hours.... What is better, several Alonso podiums in F1 or the Victory in the 24 Hours?
Old 10 May 2023, 06:33 (Ref:4155332)   #1397
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
I was just wondering, what does WEC need to be perfect?
My answer was a V12..... and the Aston Valkyrie came to me
mind..... If they had been there since 2021 and with 4 cars and with the BOP, they might have already won the 24 hours.... What is better, several Alonso podiums in F1 or the Victory in the 24 Hours?
With a son who has been working on the Valkyrie for 2 years or more, I couldn't agree more. It's a crime that the car isn't racing in WEC.
Old 10 May 2023, 18:19 (Ref:4155440)   #1398
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
That's because the belief was that Hypercars was going to be similar to 90's GT1, but AM hedged and the rules changed. The "convergence" with IMSA basically killed that off when the rules were remade to be closer to the LMDh.

It may as well have been an engineering exercise rather than an actual race car.
Old 10 May 2023, 21:46 (Ref:4155486)   #1399
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Forgive me for not searching too deeply, do we have an anticipated hypercar count for the medium future? I'm thinking:
Toyota 2
Ferrari 2 - 4
Lamborghini 2-4
Bmw 2
Cadillac - don't see them there much beyond 1 or 2 years
IF 0-1
Floyd - 0-1
Alpine 1-2
Peugeot - anticipating they drop soon

So in the 2-3 year time frame we're looking at 9-16 realistic entries unless I'm foolishly missing someone.
Old 10 May 2023, 22:16 (Ref:4155488)   #1400
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
So in the 2-3 year time frame we're looking at 9-16 realistic entries unless I'm foolishly missing someone.
Yeah you're missing like six Porsches bro haha!

I also think Acura/Honda will be there eventually.

I think the strength of car performance will dictate who the teams are who have the best customer offerings. And as the odd manufacturer and the small privateers depart, it'll be the strength of the customer market that impacts the car counts the most surely.