Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 19 Jul 2020, 19:36 (Ref:3989579)   #751
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On the larger campsites the burger stall usually sell plain baguettes in the mornings. In the past there was a van driving around selling them too.

I can't see them putting any restrictions on visiting the shops but I'm sure there will be queues to get in, so planning to visit less often is for the best.
Old 19 Jul 2020, 19:51 (Ref:3989581)   #752
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For sure it is going to be one of the most lazy LM I have ever had.
Old 19 Jul 2020, 20:28 (Ref:3989584)   #753
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I await the ACO announcement as to how this will all work but i am sure we will all cope
Old 19 Jul 2020, 20:46 (Ref:3989594)   #754
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Well, normally I bring my bike to move around the track, but that is off the table
I can't imagine will be locked inside for 4 days, so shopping will be done with my car.
Will still bring the bike, mind
Old 19 Jul 2020, 21:02 (Ref:3989599)   #755
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Well, normally I bring my bike to move around the track, but that is off the table
I can't imagine will be locked inside for 4 days, so shopping will be done with my car.
Will still bring the bike, mind
once we have dug the escape tunnel, we will be free, so lets hope we can use the red cross parcel boxes to line the tunnel and escape to the free world or at least the bakers. Seriously though we will have to wait until we get more info from the ACO in a few weeks
Old 20 Jul 2020, 05:22 (Ref:3989648)   #756
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Waiting for the ACO just kills the joy of at good guessing game...............

I will take camping facilities for 500, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
once we have dug the escape tunnel, we will be free, so lets hope we can use the red cross parcel boxes to line the tunnel and escape to the free world or at least the bakers. Seriously though we will have to wait until we get more info from the ACO in a few weeks
Old 20 Jul 2020, 08:24 (Ref:3989679)   #757
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Perhaps the ACO will insist that all campers will wear electronic ankle bracelets that alert the authorities if you leave the village, if you do the CRS will be alerted and will be free to shoot on sight. , in case the aco are reading this i am trying to be humorous.
Old 20 Jul 2020, 08:26 (Ref:3989680)   #758
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm quite happy to bring in baguettes and croissants to sell to you at a vastly inflated price each day..... I might have to send them over to you though by carrier pigeon or drone.....

The ACO have just announced it will be a diet of warm water and gruel on the campsites and no-one can ask for more....
Old 20 Jul 2020, 08:38 (Ref:3989682)   #759
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Currently looking at the best way to do pigeon on the BBQ Andrew so very happy to take you up on that offer. However if you could do carrier Turkeys then one a day could feed our little group and they would be able to carry several baguettes.
Old 20 Jul 2020, 08:46 (Ref:3989683)   #760
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Carrier turkeys it is then.....
Old 20 Jul 2020, 08:58 (Ref:3989689)   #761
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is there going to be a practicle day this year? It's not listed on the official timetable on the ACO site (first event is the Weds scrutineering).
Old 20 Jul 2020, 09:00 (Ref:3989690)   #762
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Practicle day?
Old 20 Jul 2020, 09:37 (Ref:3989696)   #763
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Me type good.

'Practice Day' is what I meant to say. The one that is usually a couple of Sundays before the race.
Old 20 Jul 2020, 09:38 (Ref:3989699)   #764
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah yes, see what you mean. No, the 'Test Day' was scrapped many weeks ago.
Old 20 Jul 2020, 10:29 (Ref:3989709)   #765
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Perhaps the ACO will insist that all campers will wear electronic ankle bracelets that alert the authorities if you leave the village, if you do the CRS will be alerted and will be free to shoot on sight. , in case the aco are reading this i am trying to be humorous.
Expect this :
Attached Thumbnails
boule.jpg  
Old 20 Jul 2020, 11:18 (Ref:3989722)   #766
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As it says under my avatar, 'I am not a number.....'

Hopefully I won't be assigned to Portmeirion village.....
Old 20 Jul 2020, 11:27 (Ref:3989724)   #767
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
As it says under my avatar, 'I am not a number.....'

Hopefully I won't be assigned to Portmeirion village.....
If you were you get a free lotus 7 to drive around in, not a bad deal i think. Also easy to out run the fuz as they would all get mini mokes.
Old 20 Jul 2020, 14:02 (Ref:3989754)   #768
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
just received an email of the ticket agency that says that our tickets are on their way to us...
Old 20 Jul 2020, 14:11 (Ref:3989760)   #769
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No other advice or instructions Nobby?
Old 20 Jul 2020, 14:45 (Ref:3989773)   #770
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No other advice or instructions Nobby?
No just a message that the tickets are on their way.
Old 20 Jul 2020, 21:27 (Ref:3989842)   #771
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In AUTOhebdo, Pierre Fillon says that 25,000 tickets holders will be around the circuit. My calculation is easy, it would mean five "villages" instead of ten, and larger than we have supposed previously.
But he also reports that a race without spectators (Ã* huis clos) is still possible.

Last edited by PascaLM; 20 Jul 2020 at 23:55.
Old 20 Jul 2020, 23:49 (Ref:3989850)   #772
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hopefully 25,000 spectators will be enough. There should be enough to spread it about. But it would really be not the same without spectators
Old 21 Jul 2020, 05:27 (Ref:3989859)   #773
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
25k seems a lot lower than i would expect, with nothing else happening and people keen to actually do something i am surprised that so many of those who already had tickets before the dead line have decided to go for refunds/transfer. We shall see what happens when the ACO makes it's announcement in a few weeks
Old 21 Jul 2020, 08:14 (Ref:3989891)   #774
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Really hope they cap the tickets and extend the villages! Having so few spectators, and still imposing those limits would be tough to swallow.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 08:54 (Ref:3989906)   #775
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It might be easy to extend some of the villages but others will be more or less the same. Mulsanne and arnage could not easily be extended and they are likely to be quite small in numbers anyway. Others will be more popular so very unlikely they could be increased.
Closed Thread