Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 27 Aug 2010, 00:55 (Ref:2750867)   #251
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Really? I've heard that the Dyson DP program is in addition to their ALMS program. Additionally, Rob and Chris have been fairly vocal in their support of the ALMS and their desires to be in the series for a long time to come.

Chris
I agree, I've also heard from pretty reliable sources that they will do both. We will have to see next year, I wouldn't count your chickens that they are done. We will have to see...
Old 27 Aug 2010, 01:02 (Ref:2750869)   #252
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
I agree, I've also heard from pretty reliable sources that they will do both. We will have to see next year, I wouldn't count your chickens that they are done. We will have to see...
and also, I wouldn't count your chicken(eggs) with salmonella
Old 27 Aug 2010, 01:04 (Ref:2750870)   #253
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Really? I've heard that the Dyson DP program is in addition to their ALMS program. Additionally, Rob and Chris have been fairly vocal in their support of the ALMS and their desires to be in the series for a long time to come.

Chris
Yea, but if there are sponsors paying for Grand Am, but none in the ALMS, they go where the funding is.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 02:15 (Ref:2750875)   #254
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dyson had obvisously cut their budget this year by not running a second car and what a better way to cut the budget even more and still race in Prototypes than campaign a DP.

I hate it. Always been a Dyson fan, and hate they are "defecting". Better than closing their doors, I guess.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 02:17 (Ref:2750877)   #255
rabbit_racer
Rookie

United States
Washington, DC
rabbit_racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
Yea, but if there are sponsors paying for Grand Am, but none in the ALMS, they go where the funding is.
True, but if they are separate funding lines basically for "two" teams then yeah I could see them running both ALMS and a prototurtle.

Chalk this one up to a we'll wait and see.

I almost have blinder like focus on the situation w/GTC. Can only hope for the best, but like I said before ALMS I think is going to go fairly conservative possibly in what they will allow in there. Feasibly not a wise move given all the sabre rattling going on about Grand-Am and FIA GT3.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 02:20 (Ref:2750879)   #256
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It was my understanding that the sponsors were paying for certain drivers in GrandAm, and not for Chris and Guy to have a drive. So if they want to keep driving I'm guessing ALMS is not off of the table. Maybe Dyson parts ways with Mazda, maybe not, but I like the odds of them staying in ALMS.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 02:28 (Ref:2750882)   #257
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It was my understanding that the sponsors were paying for certain drivers in GrandAm, and not for Chris and Guy to have a drive. So if they want to keep driving I'm guessing ALMS is not off of the table. Maybe Dyson parts ways with Mazda, maybe not, but I like the odds of them staying in ALMS.
It was made pretty specific to me that the ALMS campaign is just over, and that's it. I hope my sources is wrong, but he's usually pretty on his game.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 11:13 (Ref:2751013)   #258
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
What I believe is that Dyson will become the De-Facto Lola Team in America. Carl Haas is in poor health these days and I'm not sure if he's still the US importer of Lola Cars.

The deal is for one race this season in Proto-Auto (Lola) Ford DP. Unsure about 2011 save for maybe running Daytona likely and maybe select races. But in an interview with Gordon Kirby found on in this elsewhere on this thread explained that Pappa Dyson continues to support the ALMS.

The only reason for the cut back to one car this season is because the word on sponsorship came lap from BP and also until the very last minute Atlantics were scheduled to run. It was too late for Mazda to allocate more budget to run the 2nd car this season.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 06:19 (Ref:2752555)   #259
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Chris
Yes, from Chris Dyson on the subject of the DP.
Quote:
"We have the facility and the staff to accommodate this program to run in parallel to our primary ALMS effort.”
Imagine that.

L.P.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 10:31 (Ref:2752652)   #260
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
What I believe is that Dyson will become the De-Facto Lola Team in America. Carl Haas is in poor health these days and I'm not sure if he's still the US importer of Lola Cars.
Yes, Haas racing is still Lola.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 13:22 (Ref:2752708)   #261
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Yes, from Chris Dyson on the subject of the DP.

Imagine that.

L.P.
That is a relief to hear. But what Chris didn't say was what package they will run in the ALMS next season. They have two Lola chassis, so I think that is set, but will they continue with the MZR, something new from AER, or the new Roush-Yates Ford?
Old 31 Aug 2010, 13:44 (Ref:2752718)   #262
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I'm hearing from a reliable source that the Dyson to GARRA next year rumors are true, and their ALMS campaign will sadly be coming to an end following Petit Le Mans.

Definitely sucks to lose them, but they've been great over the years and I'm glad I'll be able to see them one last time next month!
I've got a really good source indicating they'll be back in ALMS next year.

Ben
Old 31 Aug 2010, 14:55 (Ref:2752733)   #263
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That is a relief to hear. But what Chris didn't say was what package they will run in the ALMS next season. They have two Lola chassis, so I think that is set, but will they continue with the MZR, something new from AER, or the new Roush-Yates Ford?
Although Mazda does bring some money to the programme i still think they would be stupid to stick with the Mazda or anything from AER for the matter, i think the Lola Roush-Yates Ford is the most probable package if Dyson stick around.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 15:14 (Ref:2752746)   #264
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Although Mazda does bring some money to the programme i still think they would be stupid to stick with the Mazda or anything from AER for the matter, i think the Lola Roush-Yates Ford is the most probable package if Dyson stick around.
Well, up to a couple a three races ago that was clearly the case. But recently the engine has been pretty right on. The ultimate test/deciding factor for me would be at Petit as to make the decision, if it is even on the table.

L.P.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 16:03 (Ref:2752770)   #265
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Well, up to a couple a three races ago that was clearly the case. But recently the engine has been pretty right on. The ultimate test/deciding factor for me would be at Petit as to make the decision, if it is even on the table.

L.P.
Key issue as I understand it is what happens to the RS Spyder, Cytosport want to race it, but the tub won't pass LMP1 impact tests. Once ALMS decide whether they can run a lot more will shake out.

Ben
Old 31 Aug 2010, 16:19 (Ref:2752778)   #266
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubrben View Post
Key issue as I understand it is what happens to the RS Spyder, Cytosport want to race it, but the tub won't pass LMP1 impact tests. Once ALMS decide whether they can run a lot more will shake out.

Ben
I don't see the connection between Dyson's future engine choices and the eligibility of the RS Spyder?
Old 31 Aug 2010, 16:40 (Ref:2752792)   #267
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Are Roush engines always badged as Fords and would the P1/P2 engine have Ford support/approval.

Finally do Roush have facilities or a partner in Europe?
Old 31 Aug 2010, 16:55 (Ref:2752800)   #268
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Roush Yates Engines is a named, and defacto, Ford Performance arm in several programs. The program has approval, support (monies etc..) I am not so sure about.

I would magine that they would, if nothing else, be ran out of Ford Europe shops (Cologne, Genk or Southhampton). (?)

L.P.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 22:04 (Ref:2752931)   #269
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Are Roush engines always badged as Fords and would the P1/P2 engine have Ford support/approval.

Finally do Roush have facilities or a partner in Europe?
The Matech Ford GT's have R/Y power.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 22:08 (Ref:2752933)   #270
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Yes, Haas racing is still Lola.
Haas is; elan, Van Diemen, Oreca, Hewland, but not Lola. They were talking to Lola when they were bidding for the Indycar contact.

They also have a truck in Europe to support the Superleague cars (DP-09's).

Last edited by HJJ; 31 Aug 2010 at 22:22.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 22:25 (Ref:2752940)   #271
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder why I say Lola parts in the Haas trailer this weekend then???
Old 31 Aug 2010, 22:33 (Ref:2752946)   #272
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I wonder why I say Lola parts in the Haas trailer this weekend then???
Say or saw?
Old 1 Sep 2010, 01:02 (Ref:2752966)   #273
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Haas is; elan, Van Diemen, Oreca, Hewland, but not Lola. They were talking to Lola when they were bidding for the Indycar contact.

They also have a truck in Europe to support the Superleague cars (DP-09's).
Haas has been the North American importer for Lola for years.
Old 1 Sep 2010, 01:05 (Ref:2752968)   #274
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
saw
Old 1 Sep 2010, 15:02 (Ref:2753214)   #275
rabbit_racer
Rookie

United States
Washington, DC
rabbit_racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Baltimore race should be annouced at 12 today. Couple of Ferrari's there, etc. for the annoucement.