Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Nov 2009, 19:48 (Ref:2583690)   #1
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2010 News and Rumours

So quiet about STCC in here, so thought I would do a little update.

• Polestar Racing - Volvo C30 - Robert Dahlgren (confirmed?)
  • Polestar Racing - Volvo C30 - Tommy Rustad (confirmed?)
  • Flash Engineering - BMW E90 - Thed Björk (confirmed?)
  • Flash Engineering - BMW E90 - Janne Flash Nilsson (confirmed?)
  • Flash Engineering - BMW E90 - TBD (3rd car rumored)
  • West Coast Racing - BMW E90 - Rickard Göransson (confirmed)
  • West Coast Racing - BMW E90 - Robin Rudholm? (if they can get enough sponsors)
  • Biogas.se/Brovallen Motorsport - VW Scirocco - Fredrik Ekblom (confirmed?)
  • Biogas.se/Brovallen Motorsport - VW Scirocco - Patrik Olsson (confirmed?)
  • Biogas.se/Brovallen Motorsport - VW Scirocco - TBD (3rd car rumored)
  • Chevrolet Motorsport Sweden - Chevrolet Cruze - Pontus Mörth (Likely)
  • Chevrolet Motorsport Sweden - Chevrolet Cruze - TBD (Rumored 2nd car, but what driver?)
  • MA GP - Alfa Romeo - Mathias Andersson (Likely)
  • IPS - Peugeot 308? - Johan Stureson (Likely, but switching car?)
  • Engström Motorsport - Honda Accord? - Thomas Engström - (Likely, but Switching car?)
  • Nordic Fine Art - SEAT Leon? - Roger Ericsson (Likely, but with what car, and will he team up with Engstöm?)
  • KMS - car? - Johan Kristoffersson (Rumored, wants to move up from the privateers)
  • caWalli - BMW E90? - Viktor Hallrup (Likely)
  • caWalli - BMW E90? - Dick Sahén (Rumored)
  • Tysslinge Racing - BMW E90 - Tobias Tegelby (Rumored in an ex Flash BMW E90)
  • G-Rex - Mercedes C200/CSC - Tony Johansson (Will they get the new car ready in time?)
  • G-Rex - Mercedes C200/CSC - TBD (Will they get the new car ready in time?)
  • Saab Dealer Team - SAAB 9-3 - Jens Edman? (Hopefully they will be out next season)
  • Danielsson MotorSport - SEAT? - Alx Danielsson (Rumord)
  • Danielsson MotorSport - SEAT? - TDB (Rumord)
And then theres a few privateers that might want to show up:
  • Micke Ohlsson Motorsport - BMW? - Micke Ohlsson (maybe?)
  • Huggare Racing - Opel Astra? - Viktor Huggare (maybe?)
  • Team Meca - Alfa Romeo 156 - Claes Hoffsten (maybe?)
  • Mälarpower Motorsport - Volvo S60 - Ronnie Brandt (Will probably be out for a few races as usual)

So thats what we can gather so far about next year, dont think the calendar is out yet, but 2 races will be run at Jyllandsring together with DTC and Våler is not on the calendar.

The 3rd cars for Flash and Biogas.se sounds really interesting, I wonder who will drive them! Same with the 2nd Chevy, could boost the grid quite a lot since I expect both the Cruze and Scirocco to be a lot more competetive next season. Both Stureson and Engstöm are looking at changing car tho, since they no longer have any support from their manufacturers and cant continue without them.

Last edited by PorscheFanNo1; 17 Nov 2009 at 19:55.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 13:01 (Ref:2584157)   #2
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you can slash about a third of the cars off that list and have a more realistic number for the season. Can't believe the Saab will appear, for one. Danielsson, I've learned not to expect much there. It'll be as usual with the grid numbers, between 17 and 21 or so.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 19:27 (Ref:2584428)   #3
pinkd56
Racer

England
Luton
pinkd56 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robin Rudholm is being looked at by Chevrolet Sweden
Old 19 Nov 2009, 04:51 (Ref:2584777)   #4
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Both Volvo drivers wrote 3-year deals this year IIRC, and I think Volvo itself committed to 3 years in STCC. So I presume that is confirmed without"?"

Re Danielsson, well if he is driving himself then I guess sponsors would be easier to get. And the team did have cars in both CC and JTCC, so entering STCC would be a really small step if the money is found.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 18:34 (Ref:2585243)   #5
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
I think you can slash about a third of the cars off that list and have a more realistic number for the season. Can't believe the Saab will appear, for one. Danielsson, I've learned not to expect much there. It'll be as usual with the grid numbers, between 17 and 21 or so.
Well we'll see about that, so far nothing has said that SAAB wont be on the grid, only that they want to race in 2010.

STCC.se reports that the JTCC champion Linus Ohlsson wants a paydrive in the CMS Chevy Lacetti, which would be fun, hope they are still looking at entering two Cruze's too, running a total of 3 cars, or is that too much to expect?

Personally I belive the grid will be bigger this year then last year, so far it has all been positive about next season, only one team loosing its main sposor and they have already secured 1 car and are looking at the 2nd, so as of yet there has not been any car lost from the past season, only a lot more looking to get it. I belive STCC averaged 20 cars this season, with 3 top teams looking at expanding I cant see that number shrinking.
The questionmark is really what IPS, Engstöm and NFA will do next season.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 22:36 (Ref:2585399)   #6
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
Well we'll see about that, so far nothing has said that SAAB wont be on the grid, only that they want to race in 2010.

STCC.se reports that the JTCC champion Linus Ohlsson wants a paydrive in the CMS Chevy Lacetti, which would be fun, hope they are still looking at entering two Cruze's too, running a total of 3 cars, or is that too much to expect?

Personally I belive the grid will be bigger this year then last year, so far it has all been positive about next season, only one team loosing its main sposor and they have already secured 1 car and are looking at the 2nd, so as of yet there has not been any car lost from the past season, only a lot more looking to get it. I belive STCC averaged 20 cars this season, with 3 top teams looking at expanding I cant see that number shrinking.
The questionmark is really what IPS, Engstöm and NFA will do next season.
Oh, I'd love to see the Saab appear. But I don't think it will, call me pessimistic. Where's the money? They've gone a whole year without getting to a race. The car isn't getting any newer, and I don't think it's had much in the way of development. Not enough money. If it appears and does better than the Mercs did during their first year (2005), I'd be very surprised.

The thing is, after following off-season discussions and rumors year in and year out, I've come to lower my expectations quite considerably. Everyone hopes for a lot at this time of the year, regardless what season.
Old 20 Nov 2009, 08:49 (Ref:2585606)   #7
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Do you mean he wants money from the team or he brings money to the team? I assume the latter.
Old 20 Nov 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2585677)   #8
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Do you mean he wants money from the team or he brings money to the team? I assume the latter.
Yes, he would pay for the drive and run in the "independents" class with the old Lacetti.
Old 18 Dec 2009, 21:15 (Ref:2602114)   #9
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
A new entry: http://www.stcc.se/379/?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=7432&tx_ttnews[backPid]=81&cHash=abd1f6ea2f

Andreas Ebbesson in the ex WCR Rudholm E90 to be run in his own team Ebbesson Motorsport.
Old 19 Dec 2009, 21:57 (Ref:2602511)   #10
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Good. Ebbesson is a good team, and Andreas is a decent driver. Does sort of lessen the likelyhood that WCR will be a two-car team though.
Old 21 Dec 2009, 14:06 (Ref:2603206)   #11
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
Does sort of lessen the likelyhood that WCR will be a two-car team though.
I would actually think the opposite. If they free up some cash tied down in a 3 year old car it should increase the chance they can buy a brand new car for a 2car team aiming for the non "indie" championships.
Old 21 Dec 2009, 15:36 (Ref:2603241)   #12
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
Quote:
Originally Posted by stedevil View Post
I would actually think the opposite. If they free up some cash tied down in a 3 year old car it should increase the chance they can buy a brand new car for a 2car team aiming for the non "indie" championships.
On the other hand, dont they also have another E90 in their garage, as well as the ex Rosenblad E90?
Old 22 Dec 2009, 10:15 (Ref:2603594)   #13
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Probably, depends on how many parts they nicked of them for repairs. In any case, selling off a racewinning car for decent money should help them put another car on the grid 2010.
Old 22 Dec 2009, 15:30 (Ref:2603702)   #14
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
KMS takes over the VW Scirocco team: http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4288

So heres a new little list of where we are at:
  • Polestar Racing - Volvo C30 - Robert Dahlgren (confirmed)
  • Polestar Racing - Volvo C30 - Tommy Rustad (confirmed)
  • Flash Engineering - BMW E90 - Thed Björk (confirmed)
  • Flash Engineering - BMW E90 - Janne Flash Nilsson (confirmed)
  • West Coast Racing - BMW E90 - Rickard Göransson (confirmed)
  • KMS - VW Scirocco - Fredrik Ekblom (confirmed)
  • KMS - VW Scirocco - Patrik Olsson (confirmed)
  • KMS - VW Scirocco - Johan Kristoffersson? (Likely)
  • Chevrolet Motorsport Sweden - Chevrolet Cruze - Pontus Mörth (Likely)
  • Chevrolet Motorsport Sweden - Chevrolet Cruze - Robin Rudholm (Rumored)
  • Chevrolet Motorsport Sweden - Chevrolet Lacetti - Linus Ohlsson (Likely)
  • MA GP - Alfa Romeo - Mathias Andersson (Likely)
  • IPS - Peugeot 308? - Johan Stureson (Likely)
  • Engström Motorsport - Honda Accord - Thomas Engström - (Likely)
  • Nordic Fine Art - SEAT Leon - Roger Ericsson (Likely)
  • caWalli - BMW E90 - Viktor Hallrup (Likely)
  • Tysslinge Racing - BMW E90 - Tobias Tegelby (Likely, ex Flash BMW E90)
  • Huggare Racing - Opel Astra - Viktor Huggare (Likely)
  • Ebbesson Motorsport - Andreas Ebbesson - BMW E90 (Confirmed, ex WCR BMW E90)

And then theres the maybes/half season entries:
  • Flash Engineering - BMW E90 - TBD (3rd car rumored)
  • caWalli - BMW E90? - Dick Sahlén (Rumored)
  • G-Rex - Mercedes C200 - Tony Johansson (Will they get the new car ready in time?)
  • G-Rex - Mercedes C200 - TBD (Will they get the new car ready in time?)
  • Saab Dealer Team - SAAB 9-3 - Jens Edman? (Looking unlikely now)
  • Micke Ohlsson Motorsport - BMW? - Micke Ohlsson (Rumored)
  • Mälarpower Motorsport - Volvo S60 - Ronnie Brandt (Will probably be out for a few races as usual)
  • Danielsson MotorSport - SEAT? - Alx Danielsson (Rumord, apparently looking for Mekonomen as main sponsor)
  • Danielsson MotorSport - SEAT? - TDB (Rumord)
  • Team Alfa Romeo - Alfa Romeo - Robin Appelqvist (Rumord, looking at buying a 156 from Spain)
Old 22 Dec 2009, 15:50 (Ref:2603719)   #15
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As far as I know only Richard Göransson has been officially confirmed by the team for 2010 so far.

While the FEAB, KMS, Volvo, etc. are likely, they have not been confirmed officially.
Old 22 Dec 2009, 16:10 (Ref:2603724)   #16
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeissner View Post
As far as I know only Richard Göransson has been officially confirmed by the team for 2010 so far.

While the FEAB, KMS, Volvo, etc. are likely, they have not been confirmed officially.
Well, how would you define a official confirmation then? An official press release where they say they are going to race with those drivers?
As pointed out by stedevil, Polestar have a 3 year contract with its drivers, Flash have a contract with Björk and so on. Even with an official press release things can change in sposors backing out/going bankrupt, or in the case of Engtröm last year Honda pulling out from a 3 year contract, which would make them confirmed for 3 years. So everything is relative I guess.
But if you know something about those who are marked confirmed please inform us.
Old 22 Dec 2009, 17:39 (Ref:2603774)   #17
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
On the other hand, dont they also have another E90 in their garage, as well as the ex Rosenblad E90?
The Rosenblad car was owned by Rosenblad himself (or Eje Elgh, perhaps). It was for sale a while back, and may still be. Maybe I've missed a news item somewhere, but I'd be surprised if WCR has bought it. And also, yes, they had three cars, but don't they still need that third car for spares? They could get two cars, yeah, but I remain pessimistic as usual.
Old 22 Dec 2009, 18:20 (Ref:2603798)   #18
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The ex. Rosenblad is at Flash Engineering.
Old 22 Dec 2009, 18:56 (Ref:2603814)   #19
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeissner View Post
The ex. Rosenblad is at Flash Engineering.
Now thats interesting
Old 13 Jan 2010, 12:19 (Ref:2612689)   #20
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
And this is even more interesting: http://www.stcc.se/379/?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=7501&tx_ttnews[backPid]=81&cHash=f750afe5af

Flash Engineering looking at entering up to two cars more in STCC and Carrera Cup then what they had last season with 2 in STCC and 1 in Carrera Cup. I wonder who the drivers could be! (I'm assuming he means one more car in STCC and one more in Carrera Cup)

On an slightly different note, how many E90s do Flash Engineering have in their garage right now? The 2 Flash and Björk cars of last season and the one Björk wrecked in Knutstorp that I guess they have straightened out? The Rosenblad car is one more or is that the one Björk ran for the 2nd part of the season?
And then theres the old 06 chassie that stands as an demo car and not being used. And then Tegelby bought one of those cars which I dont know which one it is, could be the one Björk wrecked at Knutstorp?
Old 13 Jan 2010, 12:35 (Ref:2612696)   #21
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
I saw four E90's last time I walked past them
Old 13 Jan 2010, 12:58 (Ref:2612711)   #22
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
Sweet! Sounds promising!
Old 2 Feb 2010, 20:37 (Ref:2625230)   #23
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
  • Biogas.se/Brovallen Motorsport - VW Scirocco - Fredrik Ekblom (confirmed?)
  • Biogas.se/Brovallen Motorsport - VW Scirocco - Patrik Olsson (confirmed?)
  • Biogas.se/Brovallen Motorsport - VW Scirocco - TBD (3rd car rumored)
Today on Stcc.se Kristofferson stated that there won't likely be a 3rd car. They are way to busy getting familiar with the project and improving the car (it's originally a long distance racer and needs more re-tailoring for TCC sprint racing).

But I guess that means Kristoffer junior might still pop up in the "indy" category in an Audi, at least in some races.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 21:00 (Ref:2625254)   #24
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
Yeah, agree. Cant see him outside STCC. Also, will be interesting what Engström is working on.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 12:48 (Ref:2625655)   #25
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like Engström is aiming for STCC 2011.

Sturesson and IPS request of building a new car from the 308 RCZ has been turned down by the STCC organisation after they made a trip to France to take measures etc. Good stuff, since a car like that is as far away you can get from a touring car. But it was Peugeot Swedens wish to race that model, and now IPS can't count on any backing according to themselves. They are working hard to get the fundings needed, then they will go for either their 308 again, or even a BMW as it's easy to buy and maintain with the BMW Motorsport support. This was said in an interview with STCC.se.

West Coast Racings website is down and their temporary page says they will announce their 2010 plans in the near future. Rudholms page is also down (hmm, coincidence?)... I would like to see him at West Coast again, and hopefully not at Chevrolet (I have strong doubts about that teams ability and how it's being run...).

And speaking of Chevrolet, their Lacetti pretty has a new owner (or being rented) according to Chevrolet Motorsport Sweden. An announcement from CMS is also expected here within the upcoming weeks.