Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 4 Mar 2007, 22:46 (Ref:1858502)   #76
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat12-Aircool
I can't see all this work being finished in time for June as seems to be the plan.

The track will be finished no problem but some of the other paddock related stuff won't be ready IMO.
Track's the main thing at the end of the day. Maybe some paddock stuff won't be ready, but then it'll just be a bit like last year.
Old 5 Mar 2007, 14:04 (Ref:1858938)   #77
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
As a wheelchair user, I have to say the flattening of the ground behind the pits is most welcome (the slope from the Village was okay on the way down but murder to climb back up again)!

I would also expect the majority of the trackwork to be completely pretty soon, given the FIA & FIM events scheduled to race at LM.
Old 12 Mar 2007, 07:32 (Ref:1864344)   #78
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant
As a wheelchair user, I have to say the flattening of the ground behind the pits is most welcome (the slope from the Village was okay on the way down but murder to climb back up again)!

I would also expect the majority of the trackwork to be completely pretty soon, given the FIA & FIM events scheduled to race at LM.
I'm out there for the Moto 24 so will report back
Old 12 Mar 2007, 07:40 (Ref:1864346)   #79
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's an update on Endurance-Info. The new pedestrian tunnel at Tertre Rouge is now covered and the new profile of the corner is clearly visible. And the new paddock area is all but finished.
Old 12 Mar 2007, 09:25 (Ref:1864426)   #80
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes had spotted that, from the pictures it looks as if the new tunnel into the paddock is finished too, I'll have a good look around next month and post some images when I get back.
Old 12 Mar 2007, 19:02 (Ref:1864922)   #81
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Hard to tell exactly what they have done with Tetre Rouge . It might be quicker but I find tha hard to believe with the currant trend for slowing corners down ?
Old 13 Mar 2007, 08:38 (Ref:1865371)   #82
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Hard to tell exactly what they have done with Tetre Rouge . It might be quicker but I find tha hard to believe with the currant trend for slowing corners down ?

i've had a look at my pictures from there over the years and although they're a little "arty" it does appear that theres perhaps an extra 5-10 yards of gravel trap on the outside, and the apex of the corner on the inside looks like it has definitely been pulled back, elongated and softened a bit, so i'd say yes it does look like this corner will be a little faster.
Old 14 Mar 2007, 20:47 (Ref:1866715)   #83
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm doing a whirlwind weekend in May, so I'll get a look at the changes however briefley, I'll try to get some snaps to show with a month to go to the event.
Old 28 Mar 2007, 07:25 (Ref:1878202)   #84
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
.....so i'd say yes it does look like this corner will be a little faster.
I guess we have to regard that as a welcome surprise amongst all this largely unnecessary change.......
Old 28 Mar 2007, 13:38 (Ref:1878412)   #85
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I guess we have to regard that as a welcome surprise amongst all this largely unnecessary change.......
ah but you've been away so long ayse you'll not have heard about the tertre rouge chicane?

just joking.
Old 28 Mar 2007, 15:29 (Ref:1878450)   #86
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I may have been away a while Ker, but I have tried to keep my wits about me....... Any more chicanes and they might as well run the darned thing on the Bugatti.......
Old 12 Apr 2007, 07:49 (Ref:1889514)   #87
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Update with photos on Endurance-Info.com........
Old 12 Apr 2007, 22:13 (Ref:1890047)   #88
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
And 22 more photos on LeMans.org.....

The 9 new garages appear to be close to completion and the 'new' Tertre Rouge is really beginning to take shape.

I'm a little bit suspicious about the tall poles in this picture. Is Tertre Rouge going to be floodlit (I wonder)?
Old 13 Apr 2007, 07:21 (Ref:1890201)   #89
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
And 22 more photos on LeMans.org.....

The 9 new garages appear to be close to completion and the 'new' Tertre Rouge is really beginning to take shape.

I'm a little bit suspicious about the tall poles in this picture. Is Tertre Rouge going to be floodlit (I wonder)?

Or are they the supports for the extra-high, totally opaque debris fencing.......

There still seems to be a lot of work to do in not very much time......
Old 13 Apr 2007, 08:16 (Ref:1890230)   #90
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
...but of course Ayse, the ACO always have a rush on to finish their works! I'm sure one year that Loeb's rally skills will be really useful when the track is half dirt.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 10:19 (Ref:1890291)   #91
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Floodlighting there would be awfull- please no. May as well run the race during the day on an oval if they're not carefull. Soon there will be but memories left of the nostalgia!
Old 13 Apr 2007, 13:45 (Ref:1890451)   #92
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Or are they the supports for the extra-high, totally opaque debris fencing.......
first I found this funny
then I thought they really coud do such bad things ...

what annoys me more, is this picture : seems to me the team's welcome area will be closed for us, ordinary (paying) spectators
Old 13 Apr 2007, 15:12 (Ref:1890504)   #93
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've only occasionally got into the paddock itself. What do you make of this then? Seems to be alongside the pavement of the road running down behind the paddock? I just can't work out the purpose of that.......
Old 13 Apr 2007, 15:56 (Ref:1890539)   #94
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I've only occasionally got into the paddock itself. What do you make of this then? Seems to be alongside the pavement of the road running down behind the paddock? I just can't work out the purpose of that.......
Perhaps to make it easier for traffic to move there? It usually is carnage with cars, bikes, quads with tyre trailers and hundreds of people around that little bar there.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 22:35 (Ref:1890757)   #95
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Could be - simply to keep pedestrians on the pavement instead of wandering all over the road (as usual)?
Old 14 Apr 2007, 18:29 (Ref:1891263)   #96
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Could be - simply to keep pedestrians on the pavement instead of wandering all over the road (as usual)?
that makes the most sense I'd say
Old 14 Apr 2007, 18:30 (Ref:1891264)   #97
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS
...but of course Ayse, the ACO always have a rush on to finish their works! I'm sure one year that Loeb's rally skills will be really useful when the track is half dirt.
Old 16 Apr 2007, 13:35 (Ref:1892974)   #98
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
more tertre rouge pictures on this page
no more trees and high fence .... appears very sad
only good point: a rather good view of all the track,maybe a bit more of the Mulsanne straight
Old 16 Apr 2007, 14:51 (Ref:1893044)   #99
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Somehow it looks quite narrow and - even bumpy? Must be my eyes..... I suppose there's some good reason for it all. Makes me sad though.

I sometimes have this thought of sitting in HG Wells time machine (remember the 1960 movie with Rod Taylor) where George goes forward in time at speed and everything around him collapses and is rebuilt..... I just wonder how far that journey would need to be at Le Mans to find something completely unrecognisable to us today.......?
Old 16 Apr 2007, 16:39 (Ref:1893147)   #100
djb
Veteran

Ayse, your comment makes me think of last summer, I went to a race track where I had raced motorcycles over 20 yrs ago. I expected big changes (I knew they had extended the track alot) but was very surprised to find that the original bit I raced on was still the same, it was simply a smaller loop now, as they have designed the track to have multi layouts (like most tracks I guess) and when I was there, there was a BMW club doing a initiation track day and driving on the same loop as I remembered. It was rather odd standing there watching them on track and reliving racing memories--a nice surprise as I really had been expecting the HG Wells effect!

I may be being naive, but given the recent changes to LM (meaning, the drastic stuff going back 15 years), I would hope that even in 20 years it won't be that different--start up another thread in 2027 and we can compare notes...

wouldn't you think that though that changes every so often make the whole event more interesting, just as the car regs get juggled around, it mixes things up and keeps thiings interesting. ("heretic, heretic!" cries bounding over the pond....they'll probably hit in about 6 hours-its snowing/rainy/gusts up to 70 klicks today so I'll have to really listen!)

cheers