Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 May 2007, 17:36 (Ref:1905948)   #151
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
you're absolutely right, but who cares at the ACO ?
for years, they make changes and attendance is each year better
of course it's not linked, but they'll see this in a couple of years, when a lot of bad things will be done
Old 3 May 2007, 21:21 (Ref:1906117)   #152
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I picked up a book in Waterstones today, "The British at Le Mans" or something similar. Some great old black and white pictures. What really amazed me is old pics from the 30s, where at places like the Esses the cars seem to be practically driving thru a well forested country road!
Old 3 May 2007, 21:38 (Ref:1906140)   #153
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
As was said earlier, it's not just a case of losing the shade, is it? Stripping the circuit of foliage, trees and other pleasant sights makes it all the more like any other circuit. We need to stand up and be counted! No more change for the sake of it!!
Too right!!!

If I wanted to stand in a desert and watch racing cars, I'll go to Bahrain.

Le Mans is special. standing under the trees in the old esses as night falls is/was one of the best bits of the Le Mans experience
Old 5 May 2007, 19:05 (Ref:1907250)   #154
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by olly83
Standing under the trees in the old esses as night falls is/was one of the best bits of the Le Mans experience
Oh yes, for sure. Last year I had a ticket for the Tertre Rouge grandstand as well as T34 (a bit extravagant, but what the hell) and I came to the conclusion I'd much rather be standing there in the trees than sitting on my own (as I was in the night) in that stand. Such a shame they lopped so many trees there though. Shame they displaced the funfair too....
Old 6 May 2007, 07:02 (Ref:1907453)   #155
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
... Shame they displaced the funfair too....
they actualy didn't displace it, they just destroyed it
last year it was so pitiful: we got there with our first-timer friend and didn't even stay for 5 minutes
Strippers, where are you? (not to mention Irma from sweden )
Old 6 May 2007, 07:16 (Ref:1907456)   #156
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok i hardly ever post here but i read the topics often, this1 especially... Most of the Le Mans attendants are people who've been coming there for years, right? And I bet most of them feel exactly the same way about the track changes. But by feeling a certain way and only posting it on forums like this, you're not letting the ACO know...

So how about making a petition of some sort, spreading it around the different clubs/big groups that go to Le Mans (mulsanne's corner etc? I'm not an expert here...) and get as many people as possible to sign it, so we can let the ACO know that, of course it's great to have better spectator facilities, but the character of the track needs to be preserved for the 24h du Mans to remain the (proper) 24h du Mans, and shadow is desperately needed by fans and drivers alike (also, if it's possible to make some changes that reduce the need of annoying fences everywhere that prevent you from taking clear pics, that'd be great ).
As long as no1 tells the ACO how we feel, they can't take our feelings into consideration...
Old 6 May 2007, 16:18 (Ref:1907721)   #157
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm thinking of getting a t-shirt printed with "le singe n'est pas dans l'arbre.." in protest.
Old 7 May 2007, 09:11 (Ref:1908192)   #158
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gucom
ok i hardly ever post here but i read the topics often, this1 especially... Most of the Le Mans attendants are people who've been coming there for years, right? And I bet most of them feel exactly the same way about the track changes. But by feeling a certain way and only posting it on forums like this, you're not letting the ACO know...

So how about making a petition of some sort, spreading it around the different clubs/big groups that go to Le Mans (mulsanne's corner etc? I'm not an expert here...) and get as many people as possible to sign it, so we can let the ACO know that, of course it's great to have better spectator facilities, but the character of the track needs to be preserved for the 24h du Mans to remain the (proper) 24h du Mans, and shadow is desperately needed by fans and drivers alike (also, if it's possible to make some changes that reduce the need of annoying fences everywhere that prevent you from taking clear pics, that'd be great ).
As long as no1 tells the ACO how we feel, they can't take our feelings into consideration...
Well, I'd sign it for sure. I'm rtired of seeing Le Mans being turned into just another circuit.....
Old 8 May 2007, 13:42 (Ref:1909016)   #159
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
Batmobile (who sometimes comes here) posted a bunch pictures of the circuit, taken today, on Endurance-Info
interesting to see there are new trees on tertre rouge and around the new paddock. Now they just need a few years to grow up and make good shade ... (hopefully no one destroys them)
Old 8 May 2007, 14:32 (Ref:1909046)   #160
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
Batmobile (who sometimes comes here) posted a bunch pictures of the circuit, taken today, on Endurance-Info
interesting to see there are new trees on tertre rouge and around the new paddock. Now they just need a few years to grow up and make good shade ... (hopefully no one destroys them)
The new pedestrian tunnel at tertre rouge looks infinetely better than the old one. But if the road enterance to the camp sites is as narrow as the pictures seem to show then getting in/out of the circuit by car is going to be harder during the race.
Old 8 May 2007, 14:51 (Ref:1909060)   #161
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
the access via the main entrance is always possible ...(not as easy though)
Old 8 May 2007, 15:23 (Ref:1909090)   #162
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[QUOTE=(hopefully no one destroys them)[/QUOTE]

at least they appear to be putting some strong fencing around each tree to give them a fighting chance.
Old 10 May 2007, 17:05 (Ref:1910449)   #163
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Article at EI.
http://www.endurance-info.com/articl...d=3601&thold=0

http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools

L.P.
Old 10 May 2007, 17:26 (Ref:1910474)   #164
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The view at TR looks as thought it'll be reasonable from the inside, but desperately poor from the outside.........
Old 10 May 2007, 18:25 (Ref:1910525)   #165
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The inside of the track from the tunnel going back to Esses used to be a bit treacherous at night. It looks like that has been resolved.
Old 10 May 2007, 19:06 (Ref:1910559)   #166
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltbag
The inside of the track from the tunnel going back to Esses used to be a bit treacherous at night. It looks like that has been resolved.

It was certainly very dark, that's for sure....... I take it we'll still be able to get back there.....?
Old 10 May 2007, 19:37 (Ref:1910579)   #167
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It was certainly very dark, that's for sure....... I take it we'll still be able to get back there.....?
Well the final picture on that EI article shows that area with some brand new steps and embankment.
Old 10 May 2007, 20:40 (Ref:1910610)   #168
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hye bernard,
don't often post but reading sometimes. Well, don't forget there are still a lot of works inside.But outside the track too due to the tram.
Old 11 May 2007, 07:56 (Ref:1910854)   #169
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When is the tram expected to be finished now? I was under the understanding that originally it was going to be ready this year for LM but now it may be Autumn time or so?
Old 11 May 2007, 08:06 (Ref:1910867)   #170
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
well, in France, there are always extra delay with that kind of work
Old 11 May 2007, 10:17 (Ref:1910942)   #171
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Unlike the UK where we always finish projects on time
Old 11 May 2007, 10:39 (Ref:1910953)   #172
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Turn of the Red Hillock" - I had no idea that was the translation - how many years have i been going!!!? LOL.
Old 11 May 2007, 11:02 (Ref:1910967)   #173
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
So , whats the general consensus of what they have done to Tetre Rouge ? I cant really tell from the pics , but is it faster or slower ?
Old 11 May 2007, 12:32 (Ref:1911036)   #174
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage
"Turn of the Red Hillock" - I had no idea that was the translation - how many years have i been going!!!? LOL.

I wanted to call my house Tertre Rouge.

My missus wouldn't let me. Said it was bad enough my disappearing off there every June for over 20 years, but nailing it to the door was simply not on!
Old 11 May 2007, 15:21 (Ref:1911159)   #175
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We should use the tram completely in 2008' spring