Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jul 2000, 15:55 (Ref:26931)   #1
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I may be overreacting, but this is the second time this season that I have seen Diniz pull a really stupid move by forcing a driver right off the track.

These are not the sort of things where one driver leaves another with nowhere to go, these are the sort of things where one driver intentionally drives the other off of the track.

He did it in Montreal to one of the Arrows (I forget which one) on the exit of the hairpin, and now he has done it to Alesi in Hockenheim.

I don't think the Montreal incident was shown on TV that well, but I was sitting infront of it, so it was hard to miss.

Nobody was hurt in either of these accidents, however they both resulted in bad crashes. The Montreal incident could have been much worse if there was wheel to wheel contact. And It was obvious where the car would have ended up if there was wheel to wheel contact - In my lap!

He has shown sparks of talent in the past, but he is still a pay driver who is only in F1 because his rich parents can foot the bill.
Old 30 Jul 2000, 15:59 (Ref:26935)   #2
angst
Veteran

angst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

£££$$$$$£££££
Why else would he still be in F1?
I hope the FIA take action on this, that was absolutely terrible.
Old 30 Jul 2000, 15:59 (Ref:26936)   #3
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I agree. There doesn't seem to be any way that Diniz could not have seen Alesi. That was a smash at what must have been nearly 200mph, and a few years ago it would have killed one, if not both, of them.
Old 30 Jul 2000, 16:02 (Ref:26938)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
oh no..Pedro is a good driver ..sure he is no TGF ..well he makes as many mistakes as him..but he deserves the right to be there as does every other driver
Old 30 Jul 2000, 16:12 (Ref:26948)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am not quite sure Diniz will keep a seat for the next year...
The brazilian TV commentator said that more than his struggle in the race, he's fighting hard to maintain his deal with Sauber... Mostly because he is being out performed by Salo in every way.
After a private talk with him (they're friends), the man said that Diniz are having problems negotiating with others teams, and Sauber had delayed to deal with him to the next race... wich means a bad sign.
Old 30 Jul 2000, 16:19 (Ref:26953)   #6
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
After a private talk with him (they're friends), the man said that Diniz are having problems negotiating with others teams, and Sauber had delayed to deal with him to the next race... wich means a bad sign.
Diniz was probably always expected to be outperformed by Salo (have the 'experts' stopped saying he's a 'coming man' yet, because I think he's been and gone?). But yeah, by the next race, they might have a deal lined up with someone else. There's always been a seat for Diniz somewhere in F1 because of the fact that there's always a team who wants his Parmalat money.

Old 30 Jul 2000, 19:46 (Ref:27025)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should Alesi's head stop spinning and someone tell him who hit him before they both leave the paddock, the question may become moot.

Perhaps he needs action such as was levied against the Bettenhausen pilote in CART last year - suspend his racing license until he takes some instruction and proves he actually knows what he is doing, to the satisfaction of people who are more interested in racing than money.

If there are any such people.
Old 30 Jul 2000, 20:36 (Ref:27039)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That is the most strange of all... with all his money he can not be in any team next year. I think because the little teams are getting good deals with big companies ?
Anyway... Watch out Minardi !
Old 31 Jul 2000, 15:25 (Ref:27247)   #9
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Minardi keep Gaston then Diniz will have nowhere to go in 2000.

His little incident during the race was plain stupid.
Old 31 Jul 2000, 16:11 (Ref:27261)   #10
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Should Diniz even be in F1?
Short answer: No.

Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

How many crashes can you legally cause in F1 (Schumacher Snr aside) without being thrown out of the sport?! I mean, I have no idea what number he's up to or how many different drivers he's taken off in his time, but Diniz should definitely not be in there, endangering the lives of other drivers.

Alesi and de la Rosa have every right in the world to say as many bad things about him as they possibly can, after their respective 'comings together' with Diniz in Canada and Germany.

There must surely come a time when the FIA have to step in and say: "That's enough..."

Another driver, therefore, who's only there for the size of his bloody wallet...
Old 31 Jul 2000, 19:19 (Ref:27305)   #11
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Well, they'll always be there as long as there are underfunded teams.

P.S. Funny story - Leanardo diCaprio (hotshot, too-big-for-his-boots filmstar, in case anyone didn't know) was dating the model Gisele - who then dumped him to get back with the billionaire supermarket owner. One Mr. Diniz, I believe...hehehe (Pedro's father, not Pedro!)
Old 31 Jul 2000, 21:06 (Ref:27337)   #12
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Lucky Billionaires!
Old 31 Jul 2000, 21:19 (Ref:27344)   #13
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Aren't they just?!?
Old 31 Jul 2000, 22:07 (Ref:27360)   #14
Regs
Rookie

Regs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As long as Minardi and Arrows are out there Pedrio and his bag of money will always have somewhere to go. I doubt the Mazzacane has anything on Pedro as a driver, wrecks not withstanding. I think he just hit bad luck.
Old 31 Jul 2000, 23:35 (Ref:27384)   #15
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a note: Schumacher at France/Imola = reasonable force. Cheeky, but legal.

Diniz at Montreal/Hokenheim = now THAT'S what I call dangerous driving. See the differentiation??!! One race ban please.....
Old 1 Aug 2000, 00:03 (Ref:27387)   #16
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumacher: Earns $35,000,000. Drives for Ferrari. Anything he does is legal, anything he says is entered into the Bible.

Diniz: Pays $35,000,000 for drive. Drives for Sauber. Everything he does and says is stupid.

See the difference?
Old 1 Aug 2000, 00:32 (Ref:27397)   #17
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Although we complain about TGF a lot, what he has done in the past is not nearly as dangerous as what Diniz has done in Montreal and Germany.

Compare:

Schumacher intentionally knocked 2 people off of the track when the WC was on the line. Schumacher knocked Damon Hill of the track in a slow corner in Adelaide. He banged into Villeneuve going through a slow corner at Jerez.

Diniz caused 2 high speed accidents. Diniz banged de la Rosa into a concrete wall (right in front of me!) at around 140 mph. I don't think most people know how close that car came to flying into my grandstand. Diniz bangs Alesi off of the track while braking from over 210 mph. Alesi suffers a massive accident.
Old 1 Aug 2000, 19:24 (Ref:27616)   #18
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
he almost killed jean. he should take his grocery money and buy a ride in neckcar. they would love to bang wheels with him.
Old 1 Aug 2000, 21:13 (Ref:27637)   #19
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
THAT'S my point, Jay. Well said!
Old 2 Aug 2000, 08:54 (Ref:27760)   #20
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What beats me is the FIA give fines and penalties to Zonta for racing incidents, yet cases of extreme dangerous driving, as by Diniz at Montreal and Hockenheim go unpunished.

Surely the FIA should be throwing the book at Diniz. If Irvine was banned for three races in '94 for what I thought was a much less serious manoeuver in Brazil that year, we can presumably say ta ta to Diniz for the rest of the season.
Old 2 Aug 2000, 11:47 (Ref:27792)   #21
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Diniz gets banned or whatever, Sauber would be in serious trouble - the only reason they kept the Petronas engines for this season was Diniz's money.
Old 3 Aug 2000, 01:29 (Ref:27963)   #22
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Earlier this season I had started a thread about how much better Diniz seemed to be driving this season and that at this point in his career, he would be a credible No. 2 for any team.

I see that Pedro has done his best to support my arguement.
EERO slaps forehead in exasperation