Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 19 Jul 2010, 22:47 (Ref:2729380)   #2951
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
if you think you're getting abusive private messages that are against the rules, use the report pm button.

patience is wearing a little thin considering it's only the euroboss (and its variants) threads that EVER give any of us mods in this forum any grief.
The moderators here have excelled themselves in ruining this, the BossGP thread and the forum as a Whole by banning one of the most knowledgeable participants on the site. I paid a fee to this site as an appreciation of how much I used to enjoy it; I don't anymore so if you wish to ban me may I have my tenner back? I have received similar PMs from peaple on here but chose not to make them public. As a youngster I enjoyed motor racing and have been a keen participant/volunteer/marshal/programme contributer/gofer you name it over the past 25 years but all this crap has driven the soul and any enjoyment out of it for me.
Thank you.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 23:27 (Ref:2729403)   #2952
Griff
Rookie

Wales
south wales
Griff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfire View Post
Griff, Tell us more about your car, I'm sure you will be made very welcome in EuroBOSS, the series has always been about enthusiasm over money (that's relatively speaking, no F1 car is cheap to run).
As has been discussed by others before, running UK rounds is almost impossible, due to lack of unsilenced days &, therefore, very high circuit fees for the few available. I know that Roger Cowman (EuroBOSS founder and promoter) is constantly trying to organise UK rounds but can only get the odd date. Roger also arranges paid demo events for his competitors (ie Copenhagen, Belgrade & Knockhill in the past), when possible, a very cost effective way of exercising an F1 car in public.
I would contact Roger and just have a chat.
Hi again
Thanks to SLK55 for posting the link I had forgotten all about that it seems so long ago now ,anyway as you probably have already gathered its a Lotus Judd 101 an 1989 vintage ex satoro nakajima since the photos were taken the car has had a pretty substantial refurb and we have run it at Snett and at the Goodwood FOS where everything was just perfect until Sunday morning when I had a rear track rod fail and ended up in the hay bales in front of the main stand taking the left front corner off, it happens !!!! As someone once said we have the technology ! Back to original question I have spoken to Roger I am on the mailing list but I still don't get why such a small field of such nice machines has to be fragmented by having two totally separate race series
which have absolutely no contact.As someone who knows nothing about what has gone on looking from the outside with an interest something does need to be sorted because I don't think either will survive as is .As I have already said all I want to do is go and enjoy my racing at a quality meeting with quallity machinery so I really hope sense will prevail
GRIFF
Old 20 Jul 2010, 08:46 (Ref:2729504)   #2953
backfire
Rookie

backfire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Griff, Yes I saw you in action at Goodwood, I hope the car is now fixed.
In a nutshell, during the off season, Christian Gaense, who had been assisting EuroBOSS founder Roger Cowman, announced that, with the backing of 4 Dutch competitors he was founding a new series, BOSS GP. This announcement, went to media, circuits, drivers etc. but contained serious, and potentially libellous accusations against RC about circuit fees still owed by EuroBOSS. RC answered questions to an Autosport journalist and was then emailed by CG who came out with a tirade of abuse that was beyond belief (Roger let me see it). My understanding is that, despite being advised that there are strong grounds for legal action against BOSS GP, RC has decided to concentrate on trying to resurrect EuroBOSS and not contribute to this sad affair. The situation that competitors like you now face, is the very one I predicted in my first post on this thread. The answer is to enter your fabulous car at Magny Cours and show support for the enthusiasts series and not the wealthy ego massaging lot!
A note to SLK55 and Thundersports, don't let him get you down, clear reasoning always beats anger, we don't need moderators ruining serious debate. Compared to what I, and others, have received SLK55, your PM is almost a love letter, now I would be afraid!
Old 20 Jul 2010, 10:10 (Ref:2729532)   #2954
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
The moderators here have excelled themselves in ruining this, the BossGP thread and the forum as a Whole by banning one of the most knowledgeable participants on the site. I paid a fee to this site as an appreciation of how much I used to enjoy it; I don't anymore so if you wish to ban me may I have my tenner back? I have received similar PMs from peaple on here but chose not to make them public. As a youngster I enjoyed motor racing and have been a keen participant/volunteer/marshal/programme contributer/gofer you name it over the past 25 years but all this crap has driven the soul and any enjoyment out of it for me.
Thank you.
we don't get paid anything to moderate this site. we do it because we enjoy motorsport and are happy to give up our time to moderate the forum. i, just like all the other mods here have a full time job and lives of our own to manage.

if you break the rules, you face the concequences. that goes for everyone. but since we cannot be everywhere all the time we ask for our members to flag anything they are concerned about so we can take a look. every time i ask people to remember to do this there is no increase at all in the number of posts referred for immediate attention. so either you guys don't care enough to help out, or there simply isn't anything you're offended by.

quite frankly and speaking as a member of the forum not as a moderator, i no longer have any interest in euroboss or any of its variants as a result of the drama and infighting on these two threads. sorry.

in summary: if you receive a pm you think contravenes our rules, please hit the report pm button. if you see a post which you aren't happy with, please hit the report post button. if you aren't happy with the style of moderating or way the forum is run, please feel free to post elsewhere or even set up your own forum without rules and see how long that lasts before people start threatening each other with legal action.

in other news: welcome griff, your car sounds absolutely magnificent! i hope you find somewhere to race it
Old 20 Jul 2010, 10:39 (Ref:2729542)   #2955
zeleracing
Racer

Austria
zeleracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...i admit...i have been giving out entry forms to owners and drivers of big open single seaters at Zolder to enter their car in a big open single seater race at Magny Cours and Slovakiaring...
...don´t think it is crime to offer people an additional venue to run their toy...

...i did not get the impression that Klaas, Marijn and Henk had a problem with me doing so...people maybe realize that i´m supporting their series with entering our car and driver in BossGP...however i don´t expect anyone to do the same for EuroBOSS, although they are more than welcome to enter for Magny Cours and Slovakiaring...
Old 20 Jul 2010, 11:00 (Ref:2729546)   #2956
backfire
Rookie

Michael, Disgraceful, how could you take advantage of somebody else's hard work, next you will be stealing all their ideas and setting up a rival series. Hang on a minute I think I'm getting confused, I'm going away to lie down for a while.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 15:57 (Ref:2730212)   #2957
zeleracing
Racer

Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfire View Post
Michael, Disgraceful, how could you take advantage of somebody else's hard work, next you will be stealing all their ideas and setting up a rival series. Hang on a minute I think I'm getting confused, I'm going away to lie down for a while.

i think it´s better to stop pinching the anthill with the stick...it´s just creating unnecessary trouble...

as i said before...i don´t have a problem with "BossGP drivers" joining EuroBOSS to race with us...
Old 22 Jul 2010, 08:25 (Ref:2730503)   #2958
LuigiArrows
Rookie

LuigiArrows should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi everyone,

I hope this forum will be helpfull

Some of you know me already: I am looking after the Arrows A21 and A22 of the Woodcocks. It seams that we stop racing after the last Dijon race in October, and for me it means that I will be looking for another job.

I will be very gratefull if you can pass the word, and show my CV to any team that may need a Race Engineer, or CAD designer, or datalogging engineer, etc...

Feel free to send me an e-mail and I will send you my CV back

Cheers
Luigi
Old 31 Jul 2010, 09:55 (Ref:2736252)   #2959
zeleracing
Racer

Austria
finally in 7 days the 2010 EuroBOSS will visit the former F1 GP track Magny Cours (France)...

Last edited by zeleracing; 31 Jul 2010 at 10:01.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 09:56 (Ref:2736253)   #2960
zeleracing
Racer

Austria
Timetable for round 1 of the 2010 EuroBOSS series...

scrutineering (location team boxes) : Friday 14:30 – 18:30 Saturday 7:30 – 8:45
administrative checks (race office) : Friday 11:00 – 18:30 Saturday 8:00 – 8:45

official Timetable:

Saturday 7th August 2010

Drivers Briefing 9:30 (salle Senna)
Free Practice 11:35 – 12:05 30 min
Qualifying 16:30 – 16:50 20 min

Sunday 8th August 2010

pitlane open 11:25 – 11:30
Race 1 11:35 – 12:00 20 min + 1 lap
pricegiving 12:10 (podium)

pitlane open 15:50 – 15:55
Race 2 16:00 – 16:25 20 min + 1 lap
pricegiving 16:35 (podium)

Last edited by zeleracing; 31 Jul 2010 at 10:02.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 13:39 (Ref:2736340)   #2961
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to see the show back on the road after the various issues that have come up this year.

How's the entry list looking?
Old 4 Aug 2010, 20:03 (Ref:2739523)   #2962
zeleracing
Racer

Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Good to see the show back on the road after the various issues that have come up this year.

How's the entry list looking?
not spectacular though, but here we go:

Provisional Entry List Magny Cours

Posted on 4 August 2010 by Michael Zele
EuroBOSS class:
Terry Sayles (GB) Dallara F191 Judd 3.5 V10 Formula 1
Chris Woodhouse (GB) Lola T91/50 Cosworth 3.5 V8 DFR F3000/F1
Damien Charveriat (FRA) Dallara GP2/05 Renault Mecachrome 4.0 V8 GP2
EuroBOSS 3000 class:
Carlos Tavares (POR) Dallara T02 Nissan 3.4 V6 World Series
Christoper Brenier (FRA) Dallara T02 Nissan 3.0 V6 World Series
Gerhard Hille (AUT) Dallara T05 Nissan 3.4 V6 World Series
Wolfgang Prandl (AUT) Dallara T02 Nissan 3.0 V6 World Series
EuroBOSS invitation class:
Benjamin Hotz (CH) Ligier JS51B Mugen
Jean-Pierre Clement (CH) Tatuus Honda 2.0 Formula Masters
tba Tatuus Honda 2.0 Formula Masters
tba Tatuus Honda 2.0 Formula Masters
Old 4 Aug 2010, 23:10 (Ref:2739598)   #2963
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Mmmmm a Ligier JS51 is stretching the rules a bit; maybe I could get a ride as co-driver! Great to see Terry and Chris out in there wonderful beasts.
Old 5 Aug 2010, 06:16 (Ref:2739666)   #2964
SLK55
Racer

England
SLK55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Ian, Don't settle for a ride, just go buy one ....

http://www.motorsporttrader.com/en/a..._For_sale.html
Old 5 Aug 2010, 07:30 (Ref:2739684)   #2965
zeleracing
Racer

Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
Mmmmm a Ligier JS51 is stretching the rules a bit; maybe I could get a ride as co-driver! Great to see Terry and Chris out in there wonderful beasts.
due to handfull of EuroBOSS entries, we had to accept this one...
Old 5 Aug 2010, 10:20 (Ref:2739731)   #2966
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe a good test to see alternative ways of fleshing out the grid.

As long as the Big single seaters remain the focus, a few prototypes & less big single seaters may help in the long run.
Old 7 Aug 2010, 12:32 (Ref:2740914)   #2967
zeleracing
Racer

Austria
Free Practice Magny Cours
Posted on 7 August 2010 by Michael Zele

1. 18 Charveriat,Damien/FRA Dallara Mecachrome V8 10 1:32:399 171,859 kph
2. 25 Hille,Gerhard/AUT Dallara Nissan 3.4V6 15 1:37:031 163,654 kph
3. 23 Brenier,Christopher/FRA Dallara Nissan 3.0V6 12 1:38:623 161,013 kph
4. 22 Tavares, Carlos/POR Dallara Nissan 3.4V6 14 1:40:184 158,504 kph
5. 11 Clement, Jean-Pierre/SUI Formula Master Honda 13 1:43:014 154,149 kph

Qualifying will start at 4:30 p.m.

You can follow it LIVE on http://live.racepromo.ch/
Old 7 Aug 2010, 20:10 (Ref:2741085)   #2968
zeleracing
Racer

Austria
Qualifying Magny Cours
Posted on 7 August 2010 by Michael Zele

Posn No Driver Nat Car Time Speed
1 18 Charveriat, Damien FR Dallara Mecachrome V8 10 1:31:189 174,139 kph
2 23 Brenier, Christopher FR Dallara Nissan 3.0 V6 15 1:36:147 165,159 kph
3 25 Hille, Gerhard AT Dallara Nissan 3.4 V6 12 1:36:468 164,610 kph
4 22 Tavares, Carlos PT Dallara Nissan 3.4 V6 14 1:39:883 158,982 kph
5 11 Clement, Jean-Pierre CH Formula Master Honda 13 1:44:325 152,212 kph

Race 1 starts tomorrow, sunday at 11:35 a.m.

You can follow it LIVE on http://live.racepromo.ch
Old 8 Aug 2010, 19:31 (Ref:2741495)   #2969
Martin-GTS
Rookie

Germany
Martin-GTS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK,
it isn`t so eas

whats goin on ?
where are the drivers who sign to start ?????

Mr. SLK - what is happend with the Big-Bangers ????
Mr.Backfire : where are the men with the big Hammers ????

And now what ????????

Please, tell me !!!

ad MZ: go on !!!! in the right series !!!
Old 8 Aug 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2741519)   #2970
Martin-GTS
Rookie

Germany
Martin-GTS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hallo Mr. Backfire !!!!
Whats goin on ????

online and no answer ???
Old 8 Aug 2010, 20:05 (Ref:2741535)   #2971
backfire
Rookie

Martin,
If you read one of my earlier posts on this thread, you will remember I said that my fear was that the formation of BOSS GP would damage EuroBOSS and then fail itself, robbing drivers and spectators alike. Seems I was absolutely right! The Magny Cours race sounds poor, but why has BOSS GP failed to perform with 4 (Dutch) teams connected directly with the series, injections of money, much lower entry fees (some free), use of EuroBOSS's data base etc. etc. The fact that you seem to take pleasure in this debacle is disgraceful.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 21:32 (Ref:2741597)   #2972
SLK55
Racer

England
SLK55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin-GTS View Post

Mr. SLK - what is happend with the Big-Bangers ????
!!
Hello Martin

Not sure what you mean by this especially as it is directed at me specifically. I understand your first language is not English, but I will attempt to explain.........

I, like most men enjoy "Big-Bangers", there is something a little more attractive about a young lady that is so equipped with the aforementioned "Big-Bangers"
Maybe you are referring to a lack of suitably endowed grid girls in France, but as I was not there, I'm afraid I cannot answer your questions.
If I have mis understood you then, please accept my apologies and I would ask that you try and explain yourself better in the universal language.

Rgds
Old 8 Aug 2010, 22:17 (Ref:2741618)   #2973
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
I'm a fan of Big bangers too or commonly known as (this is to broaden Martins range of English) Norks, Fun-bags, Jugs, Gazongas, Hooters, Bristols, Knockers and I expect more will be added....

Or

Did you mean big old cars like my Merc estate?
Old 10 Aug 2010, 09:17 (Ref:2742357)   #2974
zeleracing
Racer

Austria
even though we had a very slim grid at Magny Cours, EuroBOSS still managed to finally complete the first two races.

results can be seen on www.euroboss.com

Damien drove the GP2 for the first time and was pretty fast...Christopher was quick in his WSbN and newcomer Gerhard Hille was surprisingly quick as well in his WSbR, finishing second over all in race 2...
Carlos was struck by gearbox failure in the early stages of race 1 (pinion shaft snapped and caused quite a bit of damage to the internals)
Old 12 Aug 2010, 12:05 (Ref:2743476)   #2975
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the results, and especially for giving the chassis types (ie. Dallara T02 etc) in the entry list - for those saddos of us that like to keep records this makes it much easier

Tags
cosworth, euroboss, judd, old f1 cars, single seater