Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 1 Mar 2005, 19:14 (Ref:1239320)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Paid Subscriptions

We are now offering "Paid Subscriptions", there are more details on these in the Subscription FAQ including the relevant rules. Paid subscriptions carry the following benefits:
  • You can choose to turn off the advertising block in most places on Ten-Tenths.
  • You can start and maintain your own "Live Journal".
  • You can upload a custom Avatar without having the normal 250 posts.</li>
  • Double storage space for Private Messages (200).
  • Ability to send Private Messages to up to 10 users at once.
  • Can upload attachments in more forums.
  • "In First" access to new features as they are made available.
Subscription is £10 per year and all major credit cards are accepted by PayPal, our payment processing partner.

Normal access to Ten-Tenths will remain free, subscribers simply get additional features and one feature (the adverts) removed.
Old 1 Mar 2005, 20:36 (Ref:1239372)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Magneton....can we pay by cheque?
Old 1 Mar 2005, 20:43 (Ref:1239377)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If anyone wishes to subscribe by cheque then please PM me for details.
Old 1 Mar 2005, 21:13 (Ref:1239411)   #4
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks guys this is awesome! Cheers for the website and all the hard work that you do! Im not the most active user ever but I do enjoy being here!

Money well spent

Coogz

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 1 Mar 2005, 23:20 (Ref:1239531)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As a long time user of ten-tenths, I've put my money where my mouth is.

Well done MagnetON and EvilPumpkin for your continued efforts to improve the site.

Hopefully subscriptions will ensure a bright future.
Old 1 Mar 2005, 23:37 (Ref:1239559)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It seems subscribers no longer appear in the "Members" list - is this intentional? It seems a shame
Old 2 Mar 2005, 02:31 (Ref:1239632)   #7
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
It seems subscribers no longer appear in the "Members" list - is this intentional? It seems a shame
Which "members list"? Currently "active users"?
Old 2 Mar 2005, 08:15 (Ref:1239750)   #8
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Minor config problem - now fixed. All Subscribers now show on the Member list.
Old 2 Mar 2005, 09:26 (Ref:1239809)   #9
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Will you be withdrawing any privileges for those that like the ads and don't wish to subscribe?
Old 2 Mar 2005, 09:28 (Ref:1239817)   #10
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Nothing will change for those that don't subscribe. The basic Ten-Tenths forums/PMs/gallery, etc. will stay free. Subscribers get additional features and increased limits.
Old 2 Mar 2005, 09:46 (Ref:1239837)   #11
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Many people have approached us over the last few months wondering if there was anything they could do to assist in keeping Tenths online. As you know, it was touch and go back in October.

It isn't a cheap site to run.

The subscription service has been set up for all the users who want to be able to put something back into Tenths and help to keep it online - and the additional facilities available are our way of saying thanks for the support.

Those who don't wish to participate won't notice any difference, other than benefitting from the additional infrastructure that has been put into the site.
Old 2 Mar 2005, 09:53 (Ref:1239840)   #12
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can send a money order if you want...
Or cash by registered mail...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 2 Mar 2005 at 09:54.
Old 2 Mar 2005, 10:32 (Ref:1239898)   #13
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
ASCII, drop Grant a PM and he'll give you details
Old 2 Mar 2005, 21:36 (Ref:1240495)   #14
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Signed up today and was happy to give something back to Ten Tenths and to Magnet fellow and Evil P to help defry the costs of their benificence.

Oh, and thanks Grant for clearing up my log-on mess.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 00:38 (Ref:1242802)   #15
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've only just read this, but I've already signed up. Not for the extra bits (although I'm sure they may come in useful), but just to support such a great site. No hesitation needed.

£10 for a year? 'Tis nothing.

Now don't go spending it all on sweets.
Old 21 Apr 2005, 00:08 (Ref:1283459)   #16
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I too have only recently subscribed but as a long term member of ten-tenths I wanted to give something back to the great people who provide to us these forums and make ten-tenths a better place for us all. Keep up the great work guys.
Old 28 Jun 2005, 19:49 (Ref:1342283)   #17
WapFlap
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
WapFlap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have Firefox, i can turn off the adds if i want without paying 10 pound!
Old 28 Jun 2005, 19:58 (Ref:1342293)   #18
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by WapFlap
Good for you WapFlap. I'm glad you're enjoying this fine forum at our expense with no thought whatever for what pays to keep it online.

Well done. You must be very proud.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 09:24 (Ref:1368047)   #19
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How is the subscription thing going anyway, already had a count on how many have subscribed yet perhaps?
Old 1 Aug 2005, 16:23 (Ref:1369345)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
*silence*
Old 1 Aug 2005, 17:35 (Ref:1369435)   #21
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man
How is the subscription thing going anyway, already had a count on how many have subscribed yet perhaps?
The uptake on subscriptions has been slow, needless to say it's nowhere near the level where I can retire to my private island and send my attack monkeys to deal with problems.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 19:21 (Ref:1369533)   #22
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is there any possibility the cards accepted will change in the future? I only have a Switch / Solo card and don't do cheques, but at the same time want to subscribe!
Old 1 Aug 2005, 21:03 (Ref:1369646)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Use paypal!
Old 1 Aug 2005, 21:31 (Ref:1369678)   #24
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Doesn't work with my card!
Old 1 Aug 2005, 21:50 (Ref:1369697)   #25
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WapFlap
Good for you!

I am a fully paid up member and I still have the ads turned on on mine...I like to see whats out there! Think its about time I ordered some more sweets!