Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Apr 2003, 18:40 (Ref:561950)   #1
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Boring F1 !!

Always the same car winning... uggh, how boring

Seriously though... wouldn't you be saying that if it was the Reds that took the first 3 races?
Old 7 Apr 2003, 18:52 (Ref:561964)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
When was the last time we saw a WDC table like this after 3 exciting races......

K.RAIKKONEN 26
D.COULTHARD 15
F.ALONSO 14
J.TRULLI 9
G.FISICHELLA 8
JP.MONTOYA 8
R.BARRICHELLO 8
M.SCHUMACHER 8
HH.FRENTZEN 7
R.SCHUMACHER 6
J.VILLENEUVE 3
J.BUTTON 2
M.WEBBER 2
N.HEIDFELD 1

When McLaren win 14 of the 16 races then i'll call it boring

Last edited by Mr V; 7 Apr 2003 at 18:53.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 18:54 (Ref:561968)   #3
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi and McLaren can never be boring.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 19:09 (Ref:561979)   #4
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mr v, if Kimi wins all the rest of the races this year in the style he's taken these last two then it still won't be boring. Now, if DC was asked to wave him through, or sit back and hold up the pack so that Kimi could get away then perhaps, but until then...
Old 7 Apr 2003, 19:10 (Ref:561981)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was about to say that Inigo...

Now tell me, what Ronnie would say at the meeting for reviewing the rules ????
Old 7 Apr 2003, 19:30 (Ref:562017)   #6
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I still want them to get rid of the gizmos though!
Old 7 Apr 2003, 19:44 (Ref:562039)   #7
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
I was about to say that Inigo...

Now tell me, what Ronnie would say at the meeting for reviewing the rules ????
"Errrm... did I say that the rules were a bad idea? What I meant, of course, was "bad" in a "good" sense!"

Or some other other sort of Ronspeak...
Old 7 Apr 2003, 19:53 (Ref:562054)   #8
Vw gti 16v
Racer

Vw gti 16v should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes but the reds are known for winning everything and if mclaren follow there triumps then maybe it will be a refreshing season wioth maybe even schumi not getting in the top 3
Old 7 Apr 2003, 19:56 (Ref:562058)   #9
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Oh no... Vw... if McLaren keep winning, I fully expect the public to whine and complain that they are dominating... And that they need to change the rules because the races are boring, etc etc etc.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 20:02 (Ref:562069)   #10
CleanTone
Racer

Romania
Colentina
CleanTone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have seen overtakings. Isn't that new!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 7 Apr 2003, 20:08 (Ref:562078)   #11
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also, we know Ferrari will be strong when their new arrives. We don't know how good McLaren will be.

Its the next interesting part of the season yet to come.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 21:04 (Ref:562157)   #12
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They have been intersting races period. (especially Brazil!)

Ferrari still has the fastest car but is not winning. F1 is boaring when it's a parade, no passing AND the same people are winning. Mix it up a bit and its more interesting. Mix up all the factors a LOT and you get what we all pine to watch.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 22:29 (Ref:562235)   #13
boom boom
Racer

boom boom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is still way to early to talk about any team dominating......McLaren won one race outright, the other two were gifted. The weather had a lot to do with that.

Ferrari will win I am afraid and Williams will win too as I think alot of people are overlooking them. Maclaren are looking pretty now, but who knows.....

The season is young and more rule changes or not..... Who knows who could win any given race at this point?

I just hope it keeps staying exciting
Old 7 Apr 2003, 22:57 (Ref:562249)   #14
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As long as qualifying is made to be a part of the race and not a separate speed show, then the excitement will contnue. Keeping Ferrari off the front row is the name of the game.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 7 Apr 2003, 23:35 (Ref:562283)   #15
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Kimi is boring, he makes Mansell exciting to listen to.

Although I will conceed he does seem to have skills behind the wheel, shame he has *0* personality, he is a robot.

I can't see how people can support a driver who has no personality, it may as well be a robot driving the car.

Last edited by Sodemo; 7 Apr 2003 at 23:36.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 23:45 (Ref:562287)   #16
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by The Monster
Kimi is boring, he makes Mansell exciting to listen to.

Although I will conceed he does seem to have skills behind the wheel, shame he has *0* personality, he is a robot.

I can't see how people can support a driver who has no personality, it may as well be a robot driving the car.
If you want exciting personalities, go to Jim Carey movie. Kimi gives us excitement on the track, that's all I care about. Irvine was a personality, but a second rate driver (in the end). As a team manager, which would you want?
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
K.RAIKKONEN 26
D.COULTHARD 15
F.ALONSO 14
J.TRULLI 9
G.FISICHELLA 8
JP.MONTOYA 8
R.BARRICHELLO 8
M.SCHUMACHER 8
HH.FRENTZEN 7
R.SCHUMACHER 6
J.VILLENEUVE 3
J.BUTTON 2
M.WEBBER 2
N.HEIDFELD 1
I must admit, that looks fantastic.

I still don't think it will stay that way, but anything that prpmotes better racing (withpout artificially promoting teams and drivers) gets my vote.

More please
Old 8 Apr 2003, 00:01 (Ref:562292)   #17
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the year where anything is possible! Even the Ferrari team might get a win...

Danica Patrick
Old 8 Apr 2003, 00:43 (Ref:562304)   #18
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
The drivers don't have to BE characters, but they have to HAVE some character. Irvine was a loud mouth fool, and a second rate driver.

I would just like to see drivers who are a bit interesting, Kimi isn't.
But yes your point about which would you rather have a driver who performs with no personality or a personality who can't drive is a good one.
Old 8 Apr 2003, 02:15 (Ref:562346)   #19
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Boring F1 !!

Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Always the same car winning... uggh, how boring

Seriously though... wouldn't you be saying that if it was the Reds that took the first 3 races?
Exactly what i had in mind
Old 8 Apr 2003, 09:27 (Ref:562532)   #20
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Borring?
F1?
You mean last year, riht?
Old 8 Apr 2003, 09:34 (Ref:562545)   #21
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
This is the year where anything is possible! Even the Ferrari team might get a win...

Old 8 Apr 2003, 09:44 (Ref:562563)   #22
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The races have been better than last year. I still wish they would get rid of single lap qualifying though.
Old 8 Apr 2003, 10:45 (Ref:562624)   #23
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The difference between McLaren this year & what Ferrari did in the last few is that McLaren have had to work for the victories through great racing rather than waltz off in to the distance.
Old 8 Apr 2003, 12:45 (Ref:562744)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
One thing people forget about Irvine. He has won Le Mans. That is not a small achievement.

He was also in position to win the WDC at Ferrari but the circs of one race let him down. No doubt he is a charachter and no doubt there are better drivers but I believe he would be as good as Webber in the Jag this year and he did try when it mattered.

But I don't mind if Riakonnen is Mika incarnate. He is still leagues ahead of JPM.
Old 8 Apr 2003, 13:12 (Ref:562773)   #25
bradenc
Racer

United Kingdom
cambridgeshire
bradenc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't mind if the same car wins every time even if it is a ferrari. As long as there is a race along the way. Perhaps under the old rules DC an KR would be leading every lap, but as it stands we have so far had jordan, renault, mclaren, ferrari and i think williams (please correct me) all leading at some point in a race. Half the teams have led a race and we are only three races in!