Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 9 Nov 2011, 23:45 (Ref:2983762)   #76
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
So there's no on-track activity on Thursday at all? Weird schedule ....
Old 9 Nov 2011, 23:56 (Ref:2983764)   #77
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livininthinair View Post
I love the "official car" POS they are using to pull out those multi million dollar prototypes - quite the professional looking track support team they have there.
What is that? An old Mitsubishi Montero? Or Pajero as they call it elsewhere? But, hey, if it works, it works. It's not like Le Mans has always had the most glorious rescue vehicles either!
Old 10 Nov 2011, 00:21 (Ref:2983768)   #78
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good lord, one of the campers had to pull him out - ha ha...
Man how times have changed over the last few years, the truck in that video would look more at home in china - at least they don't have a group of political prisoners chained together to pull out cars... (sorry if i offended anyone...)
Old 10 Nov 2011, 03:04 (Ref:2983813)   #79
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livininthinair View Post
I love the "official car" POS they are using to pull out those multi million dollar prototypes - quite the professional looking track support team they have there.
Hey man it does the job!
Old 10 Nov 2011, 03:08 (Ref:2983814)   #80
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
What is that? An old Mitsubishi Montero? Or Pajero as they call it elsewhere? But, hey, if it works, it works. It's not like Le Mans has always had the most glorious rescue vehicles either!
Same goes with F1, just a couple of weeks ago actually:

http://www.facebook.com/StevensonMot...7127798&type=3

Also I do belive that is a Pajero.
Old 10 Nov 2011, 03:56 (Ref:2983823)   #81
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsandmotorracing View Post
Same goes with F1, just a couple of weeks ago actually:
Well, that image of the Indian fuel tanker might explain why the petrol LMP1 teams are so slow. Maybe it's because they are using petrol fuel without Friction Buster! Just imagine how fast they would be with Xtra Mile Petrol with Friction Buster! Actually, that sounds like a good sponsor for the DeltaWing.

Maybe they could have just hired a guy with a rickshaw to pull stalled F1 cars out at the Indian GP!
Old 10 Nov 2011, 07:23 (Ref:2983844)   #82
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
They have finally sidelined that guy who did the Spa & Imola posters.

http://www.lemans.org/en/races/inter...nal-_5566.html
Old 10 Nov 2011, 07:43 (Ref:2983849)   #83
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r80PTyxsc9o
Old 10 Nov 2011, 09:23 (Ref:2983878)   #84
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Mika Hakkinen's ride in Zhuhai
Old 11 Nov 2011, 03:56 (Ref:2984224)   #85
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Practice 1 is on. Order now as bellow with 3 min to go:
LMP1 Sarrazin, Davidson, McNish, Bernhard, Porst, Lahaye, Primat, Pla and Naoki.
LMP2 Venay then Lafargue.
GT Pro Priaulx, Muller, Makowiecki, Fisichella, Beltoise, Heinemeier, Rasmussen.
GT Am Krohn, Ehret, Goethe, Canal, Lietz and Ma.
GTC Arnold, Kim, Mak and Imperatori.

Red flag just shown, second red flag of the session. It is the end of the session.
Old 11 Nov 2011, 05:41 (Ref:2984242)   #86
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened for a red flag ???
Old 11 Nov 2011, 07:36 (Ref:2984256)   #87
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh no !!! A red flag again on current 2nd free practice ???
Old 11 Nov 2011, 08:05 (Ref:2984259)   #88
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa View Post
Mika Hakkinen's ride in Zhuhai
Quote:
It’s the first (and last!) sportscar outing for Mika Hakkinen and the last international race for the factory run Lola Aston Martin,and last AMR race too for Team Principal George Howard Chappell.
http://www.dailysportscar.com/viewAr...A932C1FB0F2036
Anyone knows what this is all about?
Old 11 Nov 2011, 10:58 (Ref:2984300)   #89
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
HƤkkinen was saying that it's just a test to see whether he likes sharing a car with other drivers etc and he will make a decision on future races after the race.

Maybe he already made up his mind after practice?
Old 11 Nov 2011, 11:05 (Ref:2984302)   #90
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's odd because of this:
Quote:
In answer to a direct question about the potential for future outings for AMG Mercedes at the Nurburgring or even at Le Mans he responded:

“It’s definitely a possibility – I don’t say no at the moment, but I don’t say yes either! Let’s see how this weekend goes.”
http://www.dailysportscar.com/viewAr...5541263E369E8A
Old 11 Nov 2011, 14:11 (Ref:2984356)   #91
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Results from Free Practice 1 are here and Free Practice 2 are here.

The fastest Peugeot time is 1.6 sec faster than the fastest Audi time. The Tokai University car has put in some decent times, well ahead of the GT's at least. BMW has been quick in GT and the Merc has the Audi's outpaced in GTC.
Old 11 Nov 2011, 17:18 (Ref:2984436)   #92
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"ESPN Star, a Pan-Asian broadcaster, will beam 3 hours live into South-Eastern Asian homes!" The PR blurb said...

Yeah, I checked the ESPN Star website and no mention AT ALL of the event. Nor even mentioning the event that is happening in their own frickin backyard. It clearly didn't help that the Abu Dhabi GP is going on, but hey fellas, we all know who's gonna win THAT, right?
Old 11 Nov 2011, 18:16 (Ref:2984460)   #93
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wich specs use the gt3 cars?
because if sls runs with free specs (1340kg x more than 600hp) well, is not the fairest thing
Old 11 Nov 2011, 18:52 (Ref:2984475)   #94
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
wich specs use the gt3 cars?
because if sls runs with free specs (1340kg x more than 600hp) well, is not the fairest thing
I just assumed they are running the same specs they would with the FIA BoP, but maybe not?

Along those lines, does anybody know if the Tokai car is actually running a hybrid powertrain this weekend, or the traditional petrol engine?
Old 11 Nov 2011, 19:40 (Ref:2984487)   #95
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Along those lines, does anybody know if the Tokai car is actually running a hybrid powertrain this weekend, or the traditional petrol engine?
DSC reports that they think the car is running as a battery hybrid, no further details given.
Old 11 Nov 2011, 20:04 (Ref:2984501)   #96
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Wasn't there supposed to be a press conference today from Zhuhai with schedule details and the like? or is that Saturday?
Old 11 Nov 2011, 20:27 (Ref:2984506)   #97
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
DSC reports that they think the car is running as a battery hybrid, no further details given.
yes I read that and it pricked my ears up too......I do alot of work in conjunction with the UK arm of their main sponsor NIDEC motors, which is a BIG Japanese electrical motor firm, they have big plans to break into the automotive electrical motor business, hence dipping their toes in the water with the LMP1 effort......the last I read a few months back was they were planning exhaust driven generators, having worked on these for over a year I know they are fools gold, so I dare say they woke up and smelt the coffee and went for a more traditional KERS type system, but I'm theorising now......I will ask around NIDEC on monday when I'm back at work and post anything which is in the public domain.
Old 11 Nov 2011, 21:05 (Ref:2984520)   #98
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Guys am I right in thinking this thing kicks off at 5am CET? Is anybody going to be watching in the morning? I'm going to give it a go. Alarm set for 3.45 UK time.
Old 11 Nov 2011, 21:14 (Ref:2984522)   #99
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Mercedes SLS GT3 runĀ“s with 500 bhp.
I think i read some place
Old 11 Nov 2011, 23:04 (Ref:2984549)   #100
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope next year this will be avail. on demand - I would have to stay up all night then go to work right after, somehow I dont think thats going to be cool with the wife.

Anybody know if the Tokai car is running fully functional...