Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Jun 2008, 21:32 (Ref:2239426)   #26
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boring it may be - the unfortunate truth is that it IS going to keep raising its head over and over and over whilst attitudes don't change, eyes aren't opened to see all sides and blinkers remain on in certain quarters.
Old 29 Jun 2008, 01:27 (Ref:2239498)   #27
BFC
Racer

BFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev
ho-hum, more boring CAMS vs AASA rhetoric.
yeah Trev....SSDD i think we know who has the biggest pockets tho if it does go to court
Old 29 Jun 2008, 06:08 (Ref:2239534)   #28
Nero
Racer

Nero should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane
Let's repeat this slowly and loudly for some of the slower boys and girls at the back of the class.
CAMS' action is not, repeat not, about any trademark or copyright infringement. This is a case where CAMS and their no doubt over paid lawyers believe that they have evidence, yet to be tested in court, that will show that the AASA have willingly or otherwise passed off their Australian Rally Championship as the CAMS Australian Rally Championship. Without seeing that evidence none of us are in a position to comment on how successful or otherwise it might be.
Having said that I'll be most surprised if it ever gets to court.

Well put...again, though you seem to have few listeners.
Old 29 Jun 2008, 21:52 (Ref:2240063)   #29
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Question kiddies- how is the AASA ARC going? Wasn't there a round in NSW a little while ago? I never managed to read anything about it, who what when where, or maybe I'm becoming blind deaf dumb and stupid in my old age.

Another question- if there are no rally cars in the forest, is there really a rally championship going on?
Old 30 Jun 2008, 03:21 (Ref:2240154)   #30
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go to the Brindebella Club website forum, it is all there
Old 30 Jun 2008, 03:57 (Ref:2240162)   #31
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test
Another question- if there are no rally cars in the forest, is there really a rally championship going on?
What about the bears?? Will somebody think of the bears!!!

Honestly, this B/S war has gone enough, and it looks like CAMS are having to resort to childish behavior to get there way. What next, AASA can't call what they sanction motor sport, because CAMS are the only one who can it motor sport??
Old 30 Jun 2008, 07:13 (Ref:2240211)   #32
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey guys, a few of us are going to play golf this weekend at a local course, come on and join in, we're calling it the Australian Open. If you win, you can call yourself the Australian Open champion for 2008!
Old 30 Jun 2008, 08:45 (Ref:2240267)   #33
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its a disgrace Patto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON
Hey guys, a few of us are going to play golf this weekend at a local course, come on and join in, we're calling it the Australian Open. If you win, you can call yourself the Australian Open champion for 2008!
No worse than your mates demanding I pay them to compete, only use the golf clubs they nominate, buy their balls, demand the golf course pay your mates to use the course and call the winner ... Australian Touring Car Champion.

All you would need is the PGA to sanction your event.
Old 30 Jun 2008, 09:51 (Ref:2240329)   #34
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
No worse than your mates demanding I pay them to compete, only use the golf clubs they nominate, buy their balls, demand the golf course pay your mates to use the course and call the winner ... Australian Touring Car Champion.
Old 30 Jun 2008, 14:56 (Ref:2240514)   #35
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON
Patto, listen, I've spoken to Mick Ronke, AND Bob Jane (yes he is back from OS) and they have agreed to a couple of things....

The AASA is happy to sanction your golf game this weekend AND provide a trophy, therefore the winner will be duly crowned the:

AASA Australian Open Champion 2008.

Bob is also happy to provide some "Bob Jane Pies" and "Bob Jane Organic Spring Water" for you all to enjoy after the round.

Oh & the winner gets a voucher for a set of "Aussie out-of-rounders" but they can only be collected from the Watergardens T-Mart franchise

See the difference there,

Australian Open Champ.....AASA Australian Open Champ.

A bit like "World Welterweight Champion" !

with who, the WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO, IBO, WBF or WBU ?

I think this thread has been done to death: IPL has been the most succinct (with me a close second)
Mod's if you please......
Old 1 Jul 2008, 01:10 (Ref:2241064)   #36
MrX
Racer

Australia-Aboriginal
Wangaratta
MrX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tell ya... it has been interesting getting the ideology from all about this obviously touchy topic.

I think the biggest thing, is that it is testament to the aspirations of passionate and likeminded motorsport individuals to have some commonsense prevail amongst the governing bodies and promoters of Australian motorsport. Sadly although I can not see it happening any time soon.
Old 1 Jul 2008, 09:25 (Ref:2241240)   #37
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actualy - after a bit of digging - the term 'Australian Open' is also another of those terms that cannot be trademarked (or reserved) because it is too generic (hint - think tennis and golf).
Old 1 Jul 2008, 14:59 (Ref:2241472)   #38
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsStalker
Falcadore - you may not like it, can call it semantics or whatever else you want. The fact is that it is NOT encroaching on anything CAMS are doing or have done. These issues have already been before Australian Courts and decided on - CAMS won't have a leg to stand on.

All they are doing is wasting money. They tried to do the same with the Australian TGoruing Car Championship and got nowhere.

The term Australian <insert name here> Championship has been already deemed to be too generic a term to copyright or trademark.

They would be better off - both financially and morally - by siomply getting on with the job they are supposed to do instead of causing even further trouble.
I guess what I really want is that the term Australian Rally Champion to mean something.

If there are 37 guys who all Australian Rally Champions, but each with their own variation of the Vanilla Ice defence, then the term Australian Champion has been devalued. And I think that is a little sad. Maybe we should just give everyone an Olympic gold medal in primary school and be done with it.

Last edited by Falcadore; 1 Jul 2008 at 15:03.
Old 1 Jul 2008, 22:33 (Ref:2241873)   #39
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rally of Melbourne Cancelled

I'm surprised they haven't blamed this on AASA as well.

http://www.rally.com.au/home/latestnews/articleid=2972

The Rally of Melbourne has been "Put on Hold"** for 2008 and they blame the world credit squeeze but funnily enough club level events in Victoria don't seem to have too many problems with numbers at present!!

** PVDA Translation: On Hold = CANCELLED.