Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Dec 2009, 18:44 (Ref:2593000)   #326
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
Barcelona? Portimão as signed a tree year deal with LMEO in 2009....
I can assure you that it will be here in portugal!
Don't open the champagne yet ;-)
Old 2 Dec 2009, 19:23 (Ref:2593020)   #327
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-3016.html

Speedy Racing Team Sebah renamed Rebellion Racing, entering two LMP1 Lola Coupes. Aston Martin V12s are out, "Rebellion"-badged Judd V10s are in. I'm not sure what exactly is different from the normal Judd V10. The team has also decided to remain on Michelins.

Andrea Belicchi, Nicolas Prost, and Neel Jani are three of the four named drivers.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 22:37 (Ref:2593109)   #328
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-3016.html

Speedy Racing Team Sebah renamed Rebellion Racing, entering two LMP1 Lola Coupes. Aston Martin V12s are out, "Rebellion"-badged Judd V10s are in. I'm not sure what exactly is different from the normal Judd V10. The team has also decided to remain on Michelins.

Andrea Belicchi, Nicolas Prost, and Neel Jani are three of the four named drivers.

I was wondering what was different about the Judd myself. The article mentions something about “using the highest technologies in metal alloys, composites" in their watch making and presumably transferring such technology into a racing engine.

They also mentioned some aero updates, I wonder if these will be different than the Lola aero updates?
Old 2 Dec 2009, 23:11 (Ref:2593130)   #329
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting footnote to DAILY SPORTSCAR's article regarding the Rebellion Racing press release. Seems Aston Martin Racing look set to return to the Le Mans Series with a pair of LMP1's. All very good news!
Old 2 Dec 2009, 23:16 (Ref:2593131)   #330
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The engine stuff reads like brand-association PR speak, but I think it's a good synergy from a marketing perspective. High-end watches are actually a fairly decent metaphor for race engines which demand both endurance and high performance.

The aero updates from Lola and Rebellion are one and the same - synergy again.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 23:49 (Ref:2593145)   #331
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-3016.htmlAndrea Belicchi, Nicolas Prost, and Neel Jani are three of the four named drivers.
Who's the 4th , if they are named then ?
Old 3 Dec 2009, 00:10 (Ref:2593154)   #332
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Who's the 4th , if they are named then ?
Awkward phrasing, they are not named. Kane and Leuenberger are still possibly in the frame it seems.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 00:54 (Ref:2593165)   #333
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I hope Kane gets the drive , underestimated and short of sponsorship , that guy is seriously quick .

What about Kane possibily on the way back to Embassy racing ?
Old 3 Dec 2009, 01:01 (Ref:2593168)   #334
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
What about Kane possibily on the way back to Embassy racing ?
It'll be interesting to see what happens at Team WFR. Mandated gentleman driver in P2's. Is Jody Firth a gentleman driver?
Old 3 Dec 2009, 03:59 (Ref:2593212)   #335
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
High-end watches are actually a fairly decent metaphor for race engines which demand both endurance and high performance.
Fast watches are bad ones!
Old 3 Dec 2009, 10:49 (Ref:2593325)   #336
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I am told Prodrive will announce their LMS/Le Mans plans in January, once sponsorship deals are tied up. Though DPR is apparently certain AMR will be at Le Mans. Just waiting for LMS deal.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 11:40 (Ref:2593346)   #337
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Might just mean getting rid of the 2007 cars and finally getting something newer.
I have to correct you, Kolles has been doing this every single year. The elderly Kolles cars can be found racing in the Czech Circuit Championship.

They will race whatever Audi lets them, which is 2 year old cars until now.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 12:00 (Ref:2593355)   #338
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind View Post
They will race whatever Audi lets them, which is 2 year old cars until now.
Any chance of an R15 (or two)?
Old 3 Dec 2009, 12:05 (Ref:2593360)   #339
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Any chance of an R15 (or two)?
Not at this time.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 12:13 (Ref:2593364)   #340
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Don't open the champagne yet ;-)
I have a website dedicated to the LMS and Le Mans and i have spoked directly with Paulo Pinheiro, Director of the Algarve circuit who told me that there is nothing that indicates that Algarve wont be in LMS schedule again. They have signed in 2009 a 3 years deal and the only problem by now its the date available, 16/17/18 of jully, as they prefer in August again. There are negotiations undergoing with LMEO for a suitable date for both.

Of course that LMEO can renoune to the contract that they have signed, but the Paulo Pinheiro doesn't believes that it will happen.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 12:33 (Ref:2593369)   #341
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I was wondering what was different about the Judd myself. The article mentions something about “using the highest technologies in metal alloys, composites" in their watch making and presumably transferring such technology into a racing engine.

They also mentioned some aero updates, I wonder if these will be different than the Lola aero updates?
thats good news and interesting, I guess the AMR V12 is an expensive option and off the pace as they dont have the DI version, not to mention the Drayson car is going very well......I'm assuming they can update their LMP2 to LMP1 spec???......whats involved in doing that???.........I think the bit about using watch technology/materials in the Judd V10 is very comical........those imaginative PR people - bless - LMFAO
Old 3 Dec 2009, 13:09 (Ref:2593393)   #342
merlot brougham
Racer

United States
Chapel Hill
merlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmerlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
They seem to be leaning towards a BMW M3 but are still waiting for it to be properly homologated (no the ACO and FIA have still not cleared it) to make a move.
Y'know I had read that a few months ago and meant to ask about it. What IS the hold up on getting the M3 homologated by the FIA and ACO? Is it that different from the IMSA homologation? Or maybe BMW Motorsport hasn't even submitted a car for homologation?

And further on that note, anyone know how many chassis BMW Motorsport have produced so far?
Old 3 Dec 2009, 15:41 (Ref:2593463)   #343
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlot brougham View Post
Y'know I had read that a few months ago and meant to ask about it. What IS the hold up on getting the M3 homologated by the FIA and ACO? Is it that different from the IMSA homologation? Or maybe BMW Motorsport hasn't even submitted a car for homologation?

And further on that note, anyone know how many chassis BMW Motorsport have produced so far?
Initially, it was only three.
There was a test mule + two that RLR assembled, from memory.

However, Schnitzer raced one in a VLN event a while back (not sure if this was the mule chassis).
So there may very well be more.

Also, Prost confirmed for Rebellion seat in 2010: Clicky
Old 3 Dec 2009, 16:14 (Ref:2593477)   #344
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prost says Speedy was 50 hp down to AMR and 30 kg overweight all year...
Old 3 Dec 2009, 18:03 (Ref:2593544)   #345
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Initially, it was only three.
There was a test mule + two that RLR assembled, from memory.

However, Schnitzer raced one in a VLN event a while back (not sure if this was the mule chassis).
So there may very well be more.
One month ago there were 4 built and 1 being constructed AFAIK
Old 3 Dec 2009, 19:50 (Ref:2593600)   #346
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
I think the bit about using watch technology/materials in the Judd V10 is very comical........those imaginative PR people - bless - LMFAO
I suppose if the car is running well we can say its ticking along nicely
Old 3 Dec 2009, 20:17 (Ref:2593620)   #347
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
Prost says Speedy was 50 hp down to AMR and 30 kg overweight all year...
im sorry but that sounds like over exxageration, 50hp down and 30 kilos over weight?
spare me, if they were down that much, they would have been thrashed by the factory Aston's. Either that, or it shows how good the normal Lola is compared to the Aston Martin one.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 20:29 (Ref:2593629)   #348
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Or it's a driver talking up his accomplishments...

I doubt they had THAT sort of difference. Some, maybe, but not THAT bad. The DI engine may have helped at LM, but it wasn't used elsewhere really. Certainly not at Silverstone, and Speedy were RIGHT on the pace there.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 21:26 (Ref:2593665)   #349
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they were quicker than AMR at Silverstone, noticeable in the corner's, the AMR Lola's were magic down the straight's but didnt look that quick in the bendy bits, i did like how the front right wheel was cocking in mid air through maggots though, old school stuff that.

personally im curios to see how the V10 engine lola coupe will do on euro soil, i would go as far as saying the car is in better hands than Drayson's car, certainly Bellichi and Prost will be magic, hopefully Kane is in one of the car's. The man is searingly quick.
Old 4 Dec 2009, 21:50 (Ref:2594209)   #350
ASRoma
Rookie

ASRoma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prost is right. The lola aero is much more efficient than the AMR and if you look the Speedy car was always the slowest lmp1 in the straits.

I think AMR was just not playing fair with Speedy and that's why they are switching engine.