Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 25 Nov 2002, 18:43 (Ref:436594)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I Won!

I would like to brag that I have won the contest on WRC.com to get a copy of Burns' autobiography by correctly predicting where he would finish in the Rally GB.

That is, in the ditch.

I am very glad I won as the chances of getting any books about rally over here are somewhere between slim and fat. Can't wait to read it!
Old 25 Nov 2002, 18:48 (Ref:436598)   #2
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Superb!

Well done!

You'll be one of the first stateside to discover just how dull Richard Burns really is!

I'm kidding. No really. Met him once. Ever such a nice chap. And not averse to the occasional toll booth grand prix, apparently...
Old 25 Nov 2002, 19:36 (Ref:436616)   #3
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure Richard is just ecstatic that his book is going to people who predicted he wouldn't even finish his home rally!
Old 26 Nov 2002, 01:03 (Ref:436830)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he were to ask me why I predicted his early exit from his home race, I would not have said "Because you're a loser" (that would be McRae) ... I would have said "Because I knew you would be hanging it all out on the line with nothing to lose and everything to gain, and in Rally there is a very fine line between the two sides of that line. The odds were pretty good that anybody going hammer and tongs was going to end up in the ditch."
Old 27 Nov 2002, 01:14 (Ref:437630)   #5
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
very diplomatic, but promise me you won't make any predictions on my road rallying when my book comes out!!! man those trees would hurt!
Old 27 Nov 2002, 02:16 (Ref:437642)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Depends on which race it is as to where I predict you'll end up.

If Carlos Sainz wants to know where he'll end up, I may suggst "At my place ... "
Old 4 Dec 2002, 03:35 (Ref:442280)   #7
Liz
Veteran

UPDATE: The book arrived today -- had a quick leaf through it and the pictures are worth the price of the book even before I start reading it. (I mean, it would be worth the price I would have paid if I hadn't won it.)

I wish more drivers would write autobiographies. I even enjoyed Mansell's book, although if I were his wife he'd have never lived long enough to win any Formula One races.
Old 7 Dec 2002, 19:28 (Ref:445193)   #8
Recovery
Rookie

Recovery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Liz,

Just a short note to let you know I'll be holding a raffle in the new year to raise funds for a Rally Recovery Unit and two of the prizes I've put together so far are a photo of McRae/Grist in the WRC Focus which has been signed by McRae, Sainz and Martin; and the book 'Rally Cars' by Reinhard Klein which has been signed by Richard Burns - so if you want to have a go at winning again WATCH THIS SPACE!

Last edited by Recovery; 7 Dec 2002 at 19:30.
Old 8 Dec 2002, 02:16 (Ref:445369)   #9
Liz
Veteran

i will watch -- although if you'd got Nicky Grist to sign it I'd have entered a dozen times!

P.S. If you take donations, PM me with details. I am a big supporter of recovery units, especially considering what those drivers do to their cars and occasionally to themselves.