Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 20 Jan 2005, 15:04 (Ref:1205698)   #1
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Details on Sam Schmidt's 2005 IPS team

From SpeedTV:

Quote:
IPS - Brazilian Joins Sam Schmidt Motorsports
Written by: Cassio Cortes

Brazilian driver Jaime Camara (KAHN-ma-rah) announced today his plans to contest the 2005 Infiniti Pro Series season with Sam Schmidt Motorsports team. 23-year-old Camara, who finished ninth in last year’s South American F3 championship, has already tested twice with his new team, at Kentucky last year and in Homestead’s oval and road courses earlier this month.

The youngster will have large shoes to fill, as he’s set to occupy the ride his compatriot Thiago Medeiros took to the 2004 IPS title in dominant fashion. “I can barely wait to get back on the Sam Schmidt car again,” revealed Camara. “I felt a great synergy between myself and the team during the tests we had. I want to make the best of this fantastic opportunity, learning as much as I can about oval racing and living in the United States,” he added.

“We’re very happy to sign Jaime for the upcoming season,” said team owner Sam Schmidt. “He’s shown a lot of potential in the tests we did, and so I’m positive he will be contending for the championship from the early races of the season.”

Camara will join former Toyota Atlantic driver Chris Festa and Travis Gregg, who ran three IPS races last year, in a three-car Sam Schmidt assault.
Good to see that Sam Schmidt decided to continue the three-car team he expanded to during the second half of 2004.
Old 20 Jan 2005, 15:07 (Ref:1205705)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lets hope there will be 18-20 cars on the grid.

IPS has suffered from small grids thus far.
Old 20 Jan 2005, 15:22 (Ref:1205714)   #3
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, but at least they had a steady field of 15 cars in the last three races of the 2004 season.
Old 20 Jan 2005, 16:26 (Ref:1205761)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
15 still isn't enough for it to really be good preperation for the IRL though. Still, it's nice to see that Sam's team is doing so well, I'd love to have them back in the IRL.
Old 20 Jan 2005, 16:28 (Ref:1205763)   #5
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
It's better than the 9-10 cars that they had early on in the season.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 01:31 (Ref:1206043)   #6
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But IPS still suffers that unlike atlantics, a champion can set the world alight and still not be much chop in the big game. The IPS cars need a bit more HP to make them unwieldy That'll teach the wipper snappers
Old 21 Jan 2005, 12:50 (Ref:1206335)   #7
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
It's better than the 9-10 cars that they had early on in the season.
Your point being? No matter how bad something is, something else exists that's worse. IPS is making progress, but not anywhere near as fast as it needs to.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 13:07 (Ref:1206353)   #8
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
Your point being? No matter how bad something is, something else exists that's worse. IPS is making progress, but not anywhere near as fast as it needs to.
Err, my point being exactly what I said - a seemingly steady field of 15 cars, which they had during the last three races of the season, is better than the average field of 9-10 cars they had in the beginning.

And yes, of course there are always something that can be worse, but I don't see how that has anything to do with what I wrote. Unless, of course, you somehow took my post as a stab at the IPS series (which it wasn't) and felt compelled to defend it.
Old 25 Jan 2005, 22:33 (Ref:1209934)   #9
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
are the ips cars doing the road course events
Old 28 Jan 2005, 17:54 (Ref:1212143)   #10
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick
are the ips cars doing the road course events
One more than the IndyCar Series, actually, as they will race on the Indianapolis road-course as a support-event for the US Grand Prix as well.

On a side-note, SpeedTV has posted a good in-depth feature on Sam Schmidt's most recent signing, Jaime Camara:

LINK - Introducing Jaime Camara
Old 15 Feb 2005, 22:48 (Ref:1226635)   #11
Team Owner
Racer

Team Owner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumor today has SSMS running 4 cars at Homestead.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 13:28 (Ref:1227197)   #12
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow!