Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Jul 2023, 16:15 (Ref:4166105)   #101
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well the Birch/Burnettt Talbot takes the first plateau.

Edit: Now third due to a penalty.
Old 1 Jul 2023, 16:20 (Ref:4166107)   #102
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Bad surprise in the last lap, Burnett who was leading by 25", falls third all of a sudden. Provisional classification: fisrt Otten/BMW 328 Roadster, second Sowerby/Talbot 105, third Burnett/Talbot 105 avec le record du tour, fourth Skipworth/ Aston Martin Speed. Several noticeable changes during this last lap. Still two 105 Talbots on the podium.
Old 1 Jul 2023, 16:32 (Ref:4166110)   #103
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
OK after watching the replay, under the cheq flag it was Burnett, Otten then Sowerby but it seems that after the penalties the ordrer has changed for the one above. What for those penalties? Mainly 2' for scrutineering checks???

Last edited by Gerard C; 1 Jul 2023 at 16:46.
Old 1 Jul 2023, 16:37 (Ref:4166112)   #104
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Speculation on Radio Le Mans was either a pit timing infringement or crossing the white line at pit exit. Only speculation though. It could be that the team is non French, a serious offence in some quarters.
Old 1 Jul 2023, 16:48 (Ref:4166113)   #105
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Scrutineering checks they say. If they peanlize non French teams, at least 98% of this marvelous grid is done! What a pity. And who is really qualified and entiteled to check the compliancy of a prewar car? They take scrutineers out of the grave yard? Serious?

2, 3 and even 5 minutes penalty!!! Why not an hour or two? Or a century may be?

Last edited by Gerard C; 1 Jul 2023 at 16:53.
Old 1 Jul 2023, 16:51 (Ref:4166114)   #106
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hmm, can't be serious then. The pair of them will have to try hard next time instead of just coasting around.
Old 1 Jul 2023, 16:56 (Ref:4166115)   #107
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Old 1 Jul 2023, 17:06 (Ref:4166117)   #108
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The French commentator team is really terrible, what a pair of pricks and pain in the neck they are. Disgusting and distressing. "And now we gonna leave ya for a while to satisfy…". So happy to learn that a commentator must make pee sometimes. I think they are hosting the ladies room now! Let them make what they want and put a sock in it!
Old 1 Jul 2023, 17:08 (Ref:4166118)   #109
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I've been listening to Radio Le Mans. They won't be covering the night time though.
Old 1 Jul 2023, 17:21 (Ref:4166122)   #110
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ha, yes? Coming soon, the Plateau 3. Seems that the Stephens gang sorted the carb issues, they've been really fast during the night session. Godasse les gars!
Old 1 Jul 2023, 17:22 (Ref:4166124)   #111
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just waiting for YT to tell me it's starting. Currently watching Spa 24hrs.
Old 1 Jul 2023, 17:59 (Ref:4166132)   #112
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
DR Bob and Iain currently 3rd in class.
Old 1 Jul 2023, 18:07 (Ref:4166135)   #113
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes! Saw that too, Robert at wheel doing really well. Seems the 356 does not go well, they are far behind the Elite atm. Godasse you all!
First Elite out of reach I fear, currently 5'38"vs 5'50".

Last edited by Gerard C; 1 Jul 2023 at 18:13.
Old 1 Jul 2023, 18:31 (Ref:4166141)   #114
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hairy battle between the two D's. Not always really fair play imo… Robert second in class and… Stephens first! Well done all.
Old 1 Jul 2023, 18:35 (Ref:4166142)   #115
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I confess I missed any issues other than a lot of over driving. But fair play it was good to watch. And the Elite finished 2nd in class. Well done the diff change worked.
Old 1 Jul 2023, 18:36 (Ref:4166143)   #116
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Chris, does this work even in your down under area? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIDgA2TJqWA If not turn your screen!
Been glued to the screen for many hours, through session 1, 2, and now 3.
Currently enjoying the last lap of the Plateau 3 race . The boys doing us proud

From my live timing I think 2nd in class GTS4B. Very happy. Have to raise a glass to them.

Plus of course The Stevens family Porsche who I think won their class, so great race all round.

Last edited by E.B; 1 Jul 2023 at 18:42.
Old 1 Jul 2023, 19:23 (Ref:4166159)   #117
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Strange things appearing in the live timing, don't you think so? May be they impliment some penalties live like ONE lap. Kwazy wabbit!

Last edited by Gerard C; 1 Jul 2023 at 19:29.
Old 1 Jul 2023, 19:44 (Ref:4166167)   #118
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Class winner Bianco/ E Type best lap time 4'52", old mate Jean Marc 5'13". Quite a difference. C'est la vie!
Old 1 Jul 2023, 20:51 (Ref:4166182)   #119
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Chaque édition apporte ses surprises. As Peter said above, live streaming will be available Sunday morning from 8. Well, if you like Plateau 4 now called Session for an unknown reason, the live will be in fact… the replay! You know French when they have fun, well, they have fun!
Old 1 Jul 2023, 20:53 (Ref:4166183)   #120
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
For the Stephens team:
Old 1 Jul 2023, 20:54 (Ref:4166184)   #121
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
For Robert and Iain:
Old 1 Jul 2023, 21:00 (Ref:4166188)   #122
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Classification of the "What the heck is this category" in Iain's words aka Index of Performance, Robart/Iain 5 th and Stephs 9th overall, 75 classified. Bravo les p'tits gars et surtout, godasse!
Old 1 Jul 2023, 21:13 (Ref:4166192)   #123
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Good stuff.
Old 2 Jul 2023, 07:53 (Ref:4166242)   #124
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Race 2 of Plateau 1 (JR field): Burnett/Birch, Sowerby/Balfour/Burnett, all pedalling a Talbot 105 AV 105 ('37 and '34 respectively). Bien joué Messieurs les Anglais, vous avez tiré les premiers!
3rd Alex van der Lof/ Shirley van der Lof, Delahaye 135 S (love this one!), 4th Albert Otten BMW 328 Roadster.

Noticeable, the second Talbot and first 328 did circa 195 kph in the straight.
Old 2 Jul 2023, 07:56 (Ref:4166244)   #125
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love the little open Renault #51 in Plateau 2, I think the Rettenmaier car. Never seen one before. The entry list has it as a 4CV but it is unlike any 4CV I have ever seen. Gerard.... any info on it?