Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 19 Dec 2023, 09:57 (Ref:4189452)   #1501
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Sadly it seems fame on such "wholesome" programmes does seem to affect the relationships of the families involved. Think Drew Pritchard on Salvage Hunters, Amanda own on Yorkshire Farm and Ant Anstead on Wheelers Dealers etc.
Old 20 Dec 2023, 20:07 (Ref:4189532)   #1502
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
C card-F.png  
Old 21 Dec 2023, 06:24 (Ref:4189553)   #1503
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Merry Christmas E.B/Dave/Chris, you'll be the first of us to meet Santa this year. Once more!
Old 21 Dec 2023, 06:46 (Ref:4189554)   #1504
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Merry Christmas E.B/Dave/Chris, you'll be the first of us to meet Santa this year. Once more!
I already met him last week in my village...

He gave me a nice bag of goodies for Christmas, including bottles of wine!
Old 21 Dec 2023, 08:09 (Ref:4189557)   #1505
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Any thoughts as to the name of next year's General Demented Ramblings thread?

With only 1500 posts in '23 we need to up the content level. Poor show from us all.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 21 Dec 2023, 08:22 (Ref:4189558)   #1506
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

With only 1500 posts in '23 we need to up the content level. Poor show from us all.

Funny - I thought of that only last night.

For Delta it should be 'On the road again...'
Old 21 Dec 2023, 08:51 (Ref:4189560)   #1507
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was thinking the same yesterday.

None of this chatty mc chat face stuff though.
Old 21 Dec 2023, 09:42 (Ref:4189562)   #1508
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I was also musing about that too and must say Max, I like your suggestion.
As for the reduction in the posting numbers, I'll just lift a glass and raise a toast to "Absent Friends".
Old 21 Dec 2023, 14:34 (Ref:4189575)   #1509
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would like to wish my friend (s'?) on the Historic Racing site, a VERY MERRY (Hic!), and BLESSED CHRISTMAS, and a SUCCESSFUL, and PEACEFUL NEW YEAR. Any one else, well so .............now, now self.

Absent friend.
Old 21 Dec 2023, 14:50 (Ref:4189580)   #1510
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fantastic to hear from you Mr Bauble. I extend my Felicitations and Best Wishes to you, too.

(Not the same without you!)

Old 21 Dec 2023, 16:13 (Ref:4189591)   #1511
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I would like to wish my friend (s'?) on the Historic Racing site, a VERY MERRY (Hic!), and BLESSED CHRISTMAS, and a SUCCESSFUL, and PEACEFUL NEW YEAR. Any one else, well so .............now, now self.

Absent friend.
Christmas has come early!
Welcome back (albeit maybe temporary). Maybe time for me to find a blurry & out of focus picture to post...
Old 21 Dec 2023, 16:31 (Ref:4189593)   #1512
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Merry Christmas and happy new year Baub.
Old 21 Dec 2023, 16:51 (Ref:4189595)   #1513
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Crikey.... what a pleasant surprise to hear from our dear friend Bauble. Particularly at this time of year when I thought he would be busy hanging around sparkling and looking pretty on people's Christmas trees.

Indeed Bob, good to see you back in the HRT parish, however briefly it might be for, and very best Christmas wishes and a Healthy Happy 2024 to both you and Judy. Hopefully see you back here more frequently next year.

Take care!
Chris
Old 21 Dec 2023, 18:56 (Ref:4189598)   #1514
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
All the best four You and Yours, dear Friend Bob!
Gerry'Mo!
Old 22 Dec 2023, 08:06 (Ref:4189631)   #1515
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All the very best Bob, have a good Cristmas and New Year and hope to see you on the circuit again in 2024.

Now you have posted again can you find time for another picture quiz? Please
Old 22 Dec 2023, 15:38 (Ref:4189654)   #1516
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm going to try to get to the Ferrari film when it's released. Like Tel I hope this isn't a Hollywood soap.

Just got to the end of the Brawn doc. Classy, that's all I need say.

Just looked on the site where I watch a lot of films , and Ferrari is now on there . So might just watch that when I get a bit of time .
Old 22 Dec 2023, 17:41 (Ref:4189663)   #1517
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Absent friend.

Must be a lurking absent friend.......

All the best to you, sir, and of course to all my TenTenths friends, whether we've met or not, with best wishes fro a happy and healthy Christmas and New Year.
Old 23 Dec 2023, 09:54 (Ref:4189701)   #1518
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 23 Dec 2023, 18:09 (Ref:4189724)   #1519
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Merry Christmas to everybody .

Been watching FERRARI , it is due for general release on Boxing day I think .
Not very impressed , a few seconds of prewar racing , then on from 1957 . About 20 minutes before you see a race car .
Does seem to be a Hollywood type soap opera so far . Will carry on sometime and hope it gets better . It is over 2 hours long .
Old 23 Dec 2023, 18:55 (Ref:4189727)   #1520
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Must be a lurking absent friend.......
As in "Here's lurking at you kid."?

Merry Christmas to all including lurkers.
Old 23 Dec 2023, 20:17 (Ref:4189731)   #1521
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Been watching FERRARI / It is over 2 hours long .
Apart from pros and public ratings which are, I find, sometimes subject to discussion, I go to amazon and try to find a link between the suggested prices and what can be expected for a said good. CDs: Ferrari 19 €, Lamborghini 9,99 €. Phew. Does this mean that the last one is two times worse than the first? Or vice versa…
Old 23 Dec 2023, 20:57 (Ref:4189735)   #1522
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Apart from pros and public ratings which are, I find, sometimes subject to discussion, I go to amazon and try to find a link between the suggested prices and what can be expected for a said good. CDs: Ferrari 19 €, Lamborghini 9,99 €. Phew. Does this mean that the last one is two times worse than the first? Or vice versa…
It is possible that Lamborghini has been out for over a year and the CD price has gone down in that time . But Ferrari is not on public release until a few days time , so they want top money for it now .
Old 23 Dec 2023, 22:40 (Ref:4189737)   #1523
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Merry Christmas to my new tenth friends all met through delta over the last 2 years of racing. Its been an absolute privilege to go over and do some historic racing in the UK and Europe. Thanks to delta. Without him and fortuitous meeting at Phillip Island several years ago I would not have been able to do it.
Old 24 Dec 2023, 02:44 (Ref:4189747)   #1524
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
its all getting even closer to Christmas for us 'downunder,' so best I get my own personal wishes to all of you here in the Historic Racing area, mates, friends etc both current and absent..... I have met very few of you but feel like I know you all.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a a Safe, Healthy Peaceful and Happy New Year. Oh and with a bit of Prosper as well would be good.

Look forward to more banter and chat on the other side, and Dr Bob I will see you at Phillip Island for the Classic in March.

Stay Safe all.

Cheers
Chris.
Old 24 Dec 2023, 09:46 (Ref:4189760)   #1525
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
A Very Merry Christmas to all on this thread - and especially to our good friend Bob. Your unique brand of humour has been sorely missed, sir!
Closed Thread