Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 16 Nov 2005, 13:01 (Ref:1462246)   #1
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thunder Arabia Championship

Thunder Arabia is a new series which is currently running in Bahrain on the F1 circuit. It uses the UK made ZIP Formula Ford cars and interestingly I hear Luke Hines and his father Martin Hines will be joining UK racer Jamie Morrow as guest drivers in next weeks race.
Old 17 Nov 2005, 14:20 (Ref:1463210)   #2
No 4
Veteran

The good news > Jamie Morrow on pole for tomorrow's race. The bad news, all guest drivers start from the back, regardless of where they qualify. The do it differently out in Bahrain!!
Old 18 Nov 2005, 09:06 (Ref:1463890)   #3
No 4
Veteran

Jamie overtook the front runner on the last lap and went on to win!
Old 18 Nov 2005, 14:43 (Ref:1464152)   #4
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Morrow, Infiniti are racing in the Dubai 24 hours kart race next week and we are 1 short for the race. Get Jamie to stay out and he can join the team again!!!
Old 18 Nov 2005, 15:10 (Ref:1464172)   #5
No 4
Veteran

Mr Morrow, Infiniti are racing in the Dubai 24 hours kart race next week and we are 1 short for the race. Get Jamie to stay out and he can join the team again!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Redracer, the name's Peter!

Jamie's just won race 2, once again recording the fastest lap, so all in all a good day for him.

He's in Bahrain next week and I'm sure he'd love to do it. However he's instructing with Thunder Arabia and due to take part in races 8 and 9 over the 23/24/25 Nov', so I'm not sure if this clashes? He's due back in the UK tomorrow am and returns to Bahrain next Tuesday. I think Duncan has his mobile number, but if not PM me and I'll let you have it.
Old 26 Nov 2005, 08:51 (Ref:1470581)   #6
No 4
Veteran

Two more rounds completed and the tally for Jamie Morrow who is flying the flag for the UK (and starting from the back of the grid due to his guest driver status!!) is:-

4 races, 2 poles, 2 wins, 2 seconds, 3 fastest laps and 2 lap records.
Old 3 Dec 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1476418)   #7
No 4
Veteran

Finally tally for Jamie > 6 races, 2 x wins, 4 x seconds, 5 fastest laps and 3 outright lap records - all staring from the back of the field!!
Old 3 Dec 2005, 20:03 (Ref:1476422)   #8
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
No 4 what is a budget Jamie needs to compete season in Thunder Arabia, and d'you have some website of TA Champ's?
Old 3 Dec 2005, 21:16 (Ref:1476459)   #9
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is no season. it was two weekends of 3 races IIRC.
Old 3 Dec 2005, 23:14 (Ref:1476512)   #10
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K
d'you have some website of TA Champ's?
Here is the website: http://www.thunderarabia.com/
Old 4 Dec 2005, 07:12 (Ref:1476638)   #11
No 4
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMiller
There is no season. it was two weekends of 3 races IIRC.
This is not correct. There are 12 races in the championship overall, starting in September and finishing on the 29/30 December next.

Having driven in the UK ZIP formula ford championship, Jamie was asked to go to Bahrain and work as an instructor to the official entrants in the series. Therefore, his 6 drives were as a guest, hence why even though he qualified at the front everytime, he was asked to start from the back of the field.

I believe the cost per 2 race weekend is in the region of £760, though I guess you'd need to add in insurance and travel, etc. None the less, for 1 x 30 min Free Practice, 2 qualifying sessions and 2 x 15 lap races each race weekend, it seems pretty good value.

I think the appeal of the series is that (like A1 GP) it's running in the northern hemisphere off season, on a grand prix standard circuit and giving drivers the certainty of getting out on track - the sun shines all day, every day!!
Old 4 Dec 2005, 09:25 (Ref:1476681)   #12
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How strong is the field though No 4? I'm not denying that its a good result for Jamie to win from the back, but what is the pedigree of drivers like?
Old 4 Dec 2005, 12:46 (Ref:1476772)   #13
No 4
Veteran

Maximus - Fair point, the answer is that by UK standards generally it's about the equivalent of mid pack in regional Formula Ford. However, Raed Rafii, who is heading the championship is about half a second off Jamie's pace and potentially could be very good. Another guest driver, a local guy called Salaman bin issa Al Kalifa, has just won the Bahrain Caterham championship and will be driving in the FBMW world cup in a couple of weeks. He is already quick.

All this said, starting at the back of a largely inexperienced grid and working your way through 15/16 cars, as Jamie did in each race over 15 laps (12 laps in the last 2 races) is still not easy. All it takes is someone to make a mistake in front of you and you're out.

I know the organisers are working hard to raise standards, one reason why they are getting people like Jamie to go out as instructors and I'm sure it won't be long before some really competitive drivers emerge from the championship.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 18:31 (Ref:1557637)   #14
Thunder Arabia
Rookie

Thunder Arabia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thunder Arabia - Bahrain

Dear All,

First let me introduce myself, my name is Sherif Al Mahdy, and i am the marketing director of Thunder Arabia.
I know my reply could be very late but sorry, i knew about the site recently.
No.4, thank you very much for doing the effort bringing all the information about Thunder Arabia 2005 championship.
Also i would like to thank maximus, JohnMiller, jondownunder , Redracer77 and Alex K for their interest in Thunder Arabia.
My new friends, we at Thunder Arabia are sure that UK and Europe championships are stronger than the recently started Thunder Arabia championships and it includes bigger grids but just to give an idea you about what we are doing, let me tell you that we are the first middle eastern company specialized in motorsport, Thunder Arabia championship was the first formula championship ever organized and runs according to the announced schedule in the middle east.
We are doing huge efforts to start a real motorsport in the Middle East, and to be honest Jammie has did a great job with our drivers last year, he is really talented as a driver and as an instructor, we thank him very much for all what he did and wish him the best of luck in his future career.
Jammie helped our 2005 champion Raed Raffii alot and Raed will be competing in the FR1600 in Belgium this season.
Now i am very happy to tell you that our next championship will be the Middle East championship with 17 drivers from 10 middle eastern countries, starting April till December 2006.
The first round will be on 13th & 14th April 2006. i will be very happy to update you with the news if you will be interested, hopefully we will have replays on Motors TV (still don't know dates or timings)
Finally, we will soon announce the schedule for our winter series starting November 2006 till March 2007 and it will be open for any driver from Europe who want to race on the great Bahrain International F1 circuit and enjoy the sun in Bahrain (Is it allowed to announce it here?)
Please accept our best regards from Thunder Arabia Bahrain.
Old 24 Mar 2006, 02:07 (Ref:1559173)   #15
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr. Sherif Al Mahdy, does Thunder Arabia race in Bahrain only? Wjat are the chances of it expanding to Dubai and Qatar?
Old 24 Mar 2006, 17:06 (Ref:1559752)   #16
No 4
Veteran

Hi Sherif,

Good to see you telling more people about the Thunder Arabia.

Jamie was happy to help out. I know he enjoyed his time with the TA team. Perhaps again next year? he's currently in the US at the Indy Pro meet and hopes to be racing in St Petersburg the on Saturday week. Fingers crossed.

Good luck to Raed in Belgium.

PS I did call your sister, but haven't heard back from her.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 10:04 (Ref:1564047)   #17
Thunder Arabia
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa
Mr. Sherif Al Mahdy, does Thunder Arabia race in Bahrain only? Wjat are the chances of it expanding to Dubai and Qatar?
Dear Asa,
The chances are there for having races in any circuit in the middle east, i had a meeting with the Autodrome management and right now, my manager Hassan Al Wardany is there for another meeting with them to discuss it.
The main issue is that we need to have a mutual cooperation with the circuits. Hope to have good news soon in Dubai and later in Qatar.
Thanks again for your interest.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 10:11 (Ref:1564052)   #18
Thunder Arabia
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by No 4
Hi Sherif,

Good to see you telling more people about the Thunder Arabia.

Jamie was happy to help out. I know he enjoyed his time with the TA team. Perhaps again next year? he's currently in the US at the Indy Pro meet and hopes to be racing in St Petersburg the on Saturday week. Fingers crossed.

Good luck to Raed in Belgium.

PS I did call your sister, but haven't heard back from her.
Dear Sir,
Again i have to thank you very much for your previous information about Thunder Arabia.
We also enjoyed having Jamie in Bahrain, he did a great efforts and you can't imagine the number of people asking about him and when he can acome back to Bahrain. I know he is in the US now and we are waiting for the good news and excellent results, we are all proud of Jamie.
Raed will have his official test in Belgium on 5th of April and the first race will be on 15th and 16th April. Fingers crossed.
Thank you very much for calling my sister, i think she is in Egypt now for a month or so and then she will be back.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 12:31 (Ref:1564140)   #19
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
can we use the pm system for this conversation chaps? or worse still, email? a public forum isn't the place for a chat.
Old 31 Mar 2006, 16:41 (Ref:1566236)   #20
F1 Prospects
Racer

Canada
Montreal
F1 Prospects should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been in touch with the organizers and they have published both the series calendar as well as the confirmed list of drivers. It looks like things are moving ahead. Pretty interesting list of drivers. Never knew that there were formula racers in Egypt and Iran so it looks like this series should generate interest in the region.
Old 31 Mar 2006, 16:59 (Ref:1566254)   #21
No 4
Veteran

F1 - It already has. The first series attracted lots of media coverage last year and the winner has graduated to FF in Belgium.
Old 31 Mar 2006, 18:02 (Ref:1566306)   #22
F1 Prospects
Racer

Canada
Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by No 4
F1 - It already has. The first series attracted lots of media coverage last year and the winner has graduated to FF in Belgium.
Thanks. I wondered where the winner was racing this year.
Old 31 Mar 2006, 18:20 (Ref:1566325)   #23
Thunder Arabia
Rookie

Hi F1 , The winner of 2005 championship is a Bahraini Kid (16 years old), his name is Raed Raffii and will be racing in FR 1600 in Belgium this year, he will be travelling 3rd of April for the official test and then on 15th of April for the first race.
We started the Egyptian, Bahraini and Saudi Racing teams last year and this year we started the Iranian , Omani and Jordanian Racing teams.
Hope soon we can see many Middle Eastern drivers in Europe.
Old 31 Mar 2006, 21:05 (Ref:1566482)   #24
F1 Prospects
Racer

Canada
Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Arabia
Hi F1 , The winner of 2005 championship is a Bahraini Kid (16 years old), his name is Raed Raffii and will be racing in FR 1600 in Belgium this year, he will be travelling 3rd of April for the official test and then on 15th of April for the first race.
We started the Egyptian, Bahraini and Saudi Racing teams last year and this year we started the Iranian , Omani and Jordanian Racing teams.
Hope soon we can see many Middle Eastern drivers in Europe.
Could you send me some information on these various teams? I would like to write about them on my site.

Thank you in advance.
Old 2 Apr 2006, 18:46 (Ref:1568261)   #25
Ramon
Rookie

Ramon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Raed Raffii

It was reported in Autosport that RSR & Thunder Arabia were to race FR2000 in the UK with Raed and another driver, what happened? Its a shame not to see you & RSR on the grid this year as I thought RSR done a very a good job last year.