Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Apr 2002, 11:08 (Ref:251702)   #1
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Praise Nick Heidfeld Thread

Well, after noticing all the Nick Heidfeld fans in another thread, I thought I'd open this up!

Simply, champion in the making when he gets in a competitive car.

Credentials speak of a considerably quick and talented driver, but also a man who is relatively shy and keeps to himself. Also a proven development driver after doing most of the work on the Sauber in 2001.

And as a Heidfeld fan, I'm still peeved that Raikkonen got the call......

Prove Ron wrong Nick!
Old 4 Apr 2002, 13:44 (Ref:251774)   #2
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nick should've been at McLaren this year, but at least it's good for Sauber that he had to stayed. Personally, I feel he's one of the top 5 drivers on the grid.
Old 4 Apr 2002, 14:21 (Ref:251797)   #3
Mark F1
Racer

Mark F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heidfeld is such a talented driver and he has a very bright future in front of him. He qualifies consistently in the Top 10 and is quite capable of a podium finish this year if things go his way. He easily won the Forumla 3000 championship back in 1999 and he very rarely makes mistakes (Apart from the Brazilian Gp Warm up !!). I look foreward to seeing him on the top step of the podium in a couple of years time
Old 4 Apr 2002, 14:45 (Ref:251815)   #4
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a pretty big call badoer-fan, because there's a good set of drivers at the moment.
Lets see: These are definite choices for everyone
1. Michael Schumacher
2. Juan Pablo Montoya
3. Jacques Villeneuve

After this I guess each person has a different opinion but in no particular order I guess conteders could be....

=4. Ralf Schumacher, David Coulthard?, Kimi Raikkonen, Jarno Trulli, Nick Heidfeld, Rubens Barrichello? Mark Webber?

Well actually I'd put Heidfeld ahead of Rubens, so Ruby is competing for fifth for me. Coulthard makes mistakes but has made good passes on TGF, and did outqualify Mika sometimes. Webber is unproven in F1 but blitzed opponents when in Formula Ford like they had 1 less gear.

BACK TO HEIDFELD: Been impressed by his consistant good pace, ability to move up the field, and finish toward the front. Always competes well against team-mates and other midfielders. He makes the car appear more competitive than it ought to be. Finally he seems professional, unlike Jensen Button who managed to make British fans ashamed he was one of theirs. Has the potential to be more successful than Herbert, with the speed of McNish, but a whole lot younger and sooner.

Good luck and good racing, Nick!
Old 4 Apr 2002, 14:46 (Ref:251816)   #5
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Splatz the Cow
That's a pretty big call badoer-fan, because there's a good set of drivers at the moment.
Lets see: These are definite choices for everyone
1. Michael Schumacher
2. Juan Pablo Montoya
3. Jacques Villeneuve
TGF, yes. Dunno about the other two. And no, lets not turn this into a JPM thread
Old 4 Apr 2002, 15:33 (Ref:251842)   #6
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure where you got that idea from Bad doer, seems I talked more about Heidfeld particularly, and him in the context of his opponents.

And no, lets not turn this into the Luca Badoer thread....

My previous post is just to compare Nick to his peers according to my judgement. That's what I did. The fact that you guessed who is my favourite driver, is irrelevant.

On a more constructive note, anyone know exactly what is Heidfeld's race-finish %, and his % finish in the top ten and points?
Old 4 Apr 2002, 18:39 (Ref:252006)   #7
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I predicted... the Sauber fans have arrived, determined to make their mark in a forum full of JPM vs.TGF threads.

Now all we need is a Minardi-related thread...

And yeah, Nick is quite good, it would be too difficult to rank him in the top 6 but certainly he is a top driver, definitely in the top 11. Considering he is so young he is doing a great job as a no. 1 driver for Sauber. He's quite underrated too, a bit of the irrelavence that comes with Sauber I suppose
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 4 Apr 2002, 21:38 (Ref:252196)   #8
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heidfeld is good. He should take Montoyas seat at Williams. Two Germans will make BMW very happy indeed.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 02:09 (Ref:252360)   #9
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope that McLaren can re-engage him next year.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 11:01 (Ref:252577)   #10
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, missed this thread. Nick is mega quick. He deserves a top seat. He is my second favourite driver after JPM and it angers me to see him that far down the grid. He is a class talent who deserves far better.