Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 May 2002, 13:14 (Ref:279432)   #1
dzn
Rookie

dzn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
World cup viewing @ Le Mans

Hi,

Does anyone know if World Cup matches will be shown at Le Mans? I remember the England v Germany game during Euro 2000 was, but that was on whilst the race was in progress. Will games that kick off before the race starts be shown?

Cheers
Dave
Old 7 May 2002, 16:12 (Ref:279546)   #2
Big Stu
Rookie

Big Stu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know, possibly in the village on the big screen. And of course potentialy(sp) it will be England Vs France during the race!!! How cool would that be!

Last edited by Big Stu; 7 May 2002 at 16:13.
Old 7 May 2002, 16:34 (Ref:279563)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I remember most of our bunch wandering off to watch the England v. Scotland match a few years back. (I had my priorities right though, I watched the race!). I don't remember England v. Germany being screened at the circuit in 2000 (but I did watch it over dinner back at Le Grand Luce).
Old 7 May 2002, 17:08 (Ref:279596)   #4
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
england v france...if lundberg and larsson don't have a say in the matter....should kick-off i believe at 11am on saturday.

i'm scottish so will be supporting poland(don't ask!)
Old 7 May 2002, 17:36 (Ref:279620)   #5
Big Stu
Rookie

Darn it, there is no way I'll have woken up from my drunken stupper by 11:00! Still Can't actualy stand the game anyway, It's just the matter of England Vs France..... Oh, and my apologies to dzn, should have welcomed you to the forum...... So, Welcome to Ten-Tenths and we hope to read more from you in the future.....

Last edited by Big Stu; 7 May 2002 at 17:38.
Old 8 May 2002, 11:52 (Ref:280219)   #6
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is at least one Sports Bar in the Place du Republic in the city centre, they'll probably be showing all the world cup games.
Old 8 May 2002, 13:47 (Ref:280312)   #7
dzn
Rookie

dzn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks very much for all your help! I'll probably look for a bar in the town and get back in time for the start of the race, traffic permitting.
Old 8 May 2002, 16:05 (Ref:280384)   #8
Big Stu
Rookie

Time permitting won't leave you much chance I wouldn't have thought.... Made the mistake of going shopping in Arnage the morning of the race one year, the journey which should have taken about 1hor ended up taking about 3!! If you can find somewhere at the circuit, or there is a good chance of finding someone with a TV in a campsite, I'd take it.
Old 8 May 2002, 16:12 (Ref:280386)   #9
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
The Brethren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We found a great Aussie bar just down from the Place de Republique. I'm sure you'll be able to see the games there.
The England and France game is apparently down to France finishing top in their group and us finishing second in ours.
But I'm also pretty sure that if that looks like its going to be on you'll have quite a few options, either in the ACO hospitality, the village, or as the ACO organised in '96 for the England Scotland game, a large diamond vision screen in the field next to the old museum.
Cheers
Rusty
Old 8 May 2002, 17:03 (Ref:280426)   #10
Big Stu
Rookie

Ahhhh, the Aussie bar, memories are flooding back now.... well hazily trickling back anyway! If you go there, ask for a surfboard, six vodkas of different flavours..... fantastic.
Old 9 May 2002, 12:48 (Ref:280914)   #11
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
The Brethren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Surfboard eh???
Must give that one a try. Down in one I presume and against the clock of course? Well it is Le Mans.
I love a competetion.
See you in the Aussie bar friday afternoon.
Rusty
Old 9 May 2002, 21:35 (Ref:281342)   #12
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From past experience there is normally loads of portable TV's around the campsites. Houx have a TV in the bar.

The Tetre Rouge bar has several TV's as well.

IF it is France England then it will be broadcast somewhere with updates on the big pit lane screen. I also expect RLM to keep us all updated.

Failing all of the above and R5 Live not obtainable the Beeb World Service on LW will keep us advised

If all else fails just ask PC John Darme

Simon