Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 May 2002, 09:33 (Ref:279259)   #1
Rhino
Racer

Rhino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans poster

Have a look at this years posterfor the 24hrs
http://www.lemans.org/course/aco2002...5_07_fd_01.jpg

And i thought the new section was surrounded by gravel traps?
Old 7 May 2002, 09:44 (Ref:279267)   #2
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
maybe they're going to paint the gravel green....and build some concrete walls?
Old 7 May 2002, 16:47 (Ref:279572)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like it. Nice and ................ grassy.

Bit too similar to last year's for my liking, although it's good to see the Bentley on it again. (Isn't the use of a particular car on the poster/tickets (as was) the kiss of death? I'm thinking back to such as the Kouros Mercedes and the Nissans........?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 7 May 2002 at 16:48.
Old 7 May 2002, 17:04 (Ref:279589)   #4
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ayse

the grass in real life was a bit, how to put it...?

threadbare.
Old 7 May 2002, 21:20 (Ref:279786)   #5
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
(Isn't the use of a particular car on the poster/tickets (as was) the kiss of death? I'm thinking back to such as the Kouros Mercedes and the Nissans........?
You are very close, seldom has a car that is featured on the poster or race ticket won the race. Certainly in the 80/90's it was true. I don't think a single featured car won the race.

Ironicly the ACO tended to feature the car most fancied by the experts. Cannot recall 2000 but did that not have an Audi on it ?

Simon
Old 7 May 2002, 21:25 (Ref:279789)   #6
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only real thing in the poster is the car. Background is fake.
Old 7 May 2002, 21:34 (Ref:279802)   #7
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The only real thing in the poster is the car. Background is fake
I think we can all see that, the question was really more should the ACO not get the 'fake' correct.

Simon
Old 8 May 2002, 11:23 (Ref:280169)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm just glad it doesn't have an Audi on it. I have enough Le Mans posters with Audis on them.
Old 8 May 2002, 16:34 (Ref:280401)   #9
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
The Brethren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the new poster artwork is total and utter rubbish.
The quality of the computer illustration is that of a child.
The standard of comp and illustrative work that can be produced digitally these days make that offering look totally amateurish. I hope they didn't pay much for it, that's all I can say,and it still doesn't make it acceptable.` I'm not even going to get into the accuracy side of things !!!
Cheers
Rusty
Old 9 May 2002, 08:20 (Ref:280765)   #10
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like they found some Le Mans clip art. Absolutely shocking.
Old 9 May 2002, 08:25 (Ref:280770)   #11
kdr
Veteran

spent their money on all that new gravel
Old 9 May 2002, 22:38 (Ref:281367)   #12
mgilvey
Rookie

mgilvey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First of all, the artwork: I'm not overly impressed with it either. An event of this caliber calls for something that can be hung on the wall of an art museum not something that looks like it came out of the bargain bin. The level of complexity available to digit illustrators is incredible, why they approved this one (short of someone specifically wanting an image that features the new circuit modifications) is beyond me. A poster of this nature is suppose to capture the essence of the event, not be a venue to show “how we spent all this money on a new section of track”. That should be secondary. Perhaps I’m drawing too much attention to the new circuit portion. I can understand why they would want to include that but the look is all wrong.

Dammit, I should try and make something myself! Who's the contact for approving this kind of...

2. The gravel traps: Grassy or with gravel, I think you're all missing the point, one side will be for the nude group mud wrestling event and the other will be for the tractor pull.

;-)

Last edited by mgilvey; 9 May 2002 at 22:46.
Old 14 May 2002, 13:00 (Ref:286227)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by The Brethren
I think the new poster artwork is total and utter rubbish.
Don't you go holding back now Rusty!!

I think it's OK, but I thought last year's "arty" offering was better.

(By the way, have you heard anything of Blue recently? He seems to have disappeared.).
Old 14 May 2002, 14:22 (Ref:286331)   #14
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
The picture is shown as posters on the roads to attract people that doesn't know very much Le Mans... no use for fans...

I don't care about the "artistic" part of it (yes indeed I care, I don't like it, but we've got plenty pictures of Le Mans anyway !) ; my pleasure is when I hear somenone in my surroundings saying "hey, look at that car, I'd like to see this race, looks great !", instead of watching F1 at TV...

Last edited by Fab; 14 May 2002 at 14:23.
Old 14 May 2002, 14:29 (Ref:286339)   #15
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
The Brethren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Ayse,
Tell it how it is, that's what I say!

Illustration is my game mate, so my opinions are professionally biased. Hence the reaction to what I see as amateurish artwork of the highest calibre. Not *****ing here you understand, but if they are going to use illustrations, then at least get some one who can draw and has at least some elementary creative input !!!

No is the answer to the question about Blue. Haven't hear or seem anything of him, we are still using his website for the sunday evening chat line, but it looks like he's either constructing a new site or is going to be putting it with a new host from the message that is up at the moment.
Cheers
Rusty