Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Apr 2004, 13:01 (Ref:932237)   #1
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Podiums, regularity in points zone (3 GPs)

I go on in Easter vacation, so...

Until now (first three GPs) the 9 podium positios have been occupied by 5 drivers:
Code:
MS  1 1 1
RB  2   2
JPM   2
JB    3 3
FA  3
It almost hurts seeing Ferrari has done 5 out of 6 first-second positions! Let's hope seasons develop into a more open scheme. Only Williams has been able to compete in that exclusive "club". For BAR and Renault, the second level triumph of third positions (but Macs would want to grab one of those too!)

In a more "tragic/comic" way, five drivers have not approached the first ten positions: two Minardis, two Jordans and... you know, Kimi
Code:
Driver  Best
------------
KR       -
Bau     16
NH      15
Bru     14
GP      13
------------
It must be very depressing for a driver as Heidfeld to have a best clasification of 15th. (No, I don't want to speak about Kimi)

Also five drivers have achieved points in every GP. His worst clasifications have been:
Code:
Driver Worst
------------
MS      1st
RB      4th
JB      6th
JT      7th (5th)
FA      7th (6th)
------------
Ferrari, Renault in the top of this mix of pace-reliability table. Alonso, in spite of his antics in qualifies, has managed to be always in points.

The reverse side is four drivers have retired most of races (well, at least two out of three races ) . Obviously the king in this respect is Kimi:
Code:
KR  R  R  R
Bau R 16  R
NH  R  R 15
MW  R  R  8
Old 6 Apr 2004, 13:11 (Ref:932250)   #2
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great set of statistics.

I find it laughable that people want to see 3 car teams - Ferrari taking 7 or 8 podiums our of 9? Are these people masochists who don't want to see competitive varied racing?

Still, the stats do show how astounding their season opening is, and Renault's as well. Ralf's comment that their chassis is the best is probably true.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 03:25 (Ref:932992)   #3
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
if its possible, may be you can also compare teammates. you can run a correlation between the average grid position and finishing position of each team-mate and then compare. it would be interesting to see massa vs fisichella and webber vs klein. anyway these stats will be more meaningful after mid-season
Old 10 Apr 2004, 22:04 (Ref:936092)   #4
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Three teams should happen, but Ferrari should continue being a 2 car team!
Old 10 Apr 2004, 23:26 (Ref:936145)   #5
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
They should ban MS! Just as in presidential elections: no more than two titles allowed!

Anyway, there is a "golden rule" in F1: if you *could* ban every season the dominant team, there would be a very good season. Problem is it is an absurd thing to do, LOL... but it is a pity!

I remember myself hating Macs in Senna/Prost years, Williams in 92-93 steamroller. We are thru an age of Ferrari's domination, although not at the extent of those mentioned cases, where lap time gaps were unbearable. Please, Bernie, pay a lot of money to dominant team and forbid it! he he he