Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Sep 2006, 23:03 (Ref:1709237)   #1
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2007 AMRS Dates

From amrs.net.au

Quote:
Australian Motor Racing Series Announces 2007 Calendar

Australian Motor Racing Series Directors, Garry Willmington and Rod Dale, today announced the official Calendar for the 2007 AMRS.
Building on the success of 2006, the 2007 series will grow to nine rounds, and in an exciting addition to the calendar, will visit Sydney’s Oran Park as well as the circuits visited this year. Following on from a successful association with the AMRS this year, Winton Raceway and AASA boss, Mick Ronke, said he was “happy to lock in the dates for the 2007 Calendar for the AMRS”.
The Australian Motor Racing Series has offered exciting, affordable and accessible motor racing throughout 2006, and this is set to continue in 2007, with a fantastically diverse lineup of categories and cars, including the extremely popular Australian Touring Car Challenge, 3.3 Litre Holdens and Production Touring Car Championship, the rapidly-growing Thunder Sports, Super TT, and the fastest category in Australia – Oz BOSS, for Formula 4000 and Big Open Single Seaters. And they’re just some of the categories you’ll see in 2007, with some exciting announcements and new developments to be revealed in the very near future.
The 2007 Australian Motor Racing Series will kick-off at Goulburn’s Wakefield Park in February, heading to Victoria to visit Calder and Winton in March and April respectively, then the series will head north to Queensland Raceway in June, to the ultra-fast Adelaide International Raceway in July. The series then returns for a second visit to Winton in August, Calder in September and Wakefield Park in October, with the 2007 Grand Finale to be held at Oran Park in November.
The full calendar is as follows:
Round 1 Wakefield Park Feb 24-25
Round 2 Calder Park Mar 24-25
Round 3 Winton Raceway Apr 28-29
Round 4 Queensland Raceway Jun 16-17
Round 5 Adelaide International Raceway Jul 14-15
Round 6 Winton Raceway Aug 25-26
Round 7 Calder Park Sep 29-30
Round 8 Wakefield Park Oct 27-28
Round 9 Oran Park Nov 24-25
Further details on the Australian Motor Racing Series, and the 2007 Calendar can be found at the official series website: www.amrs.net.au
The 2006 AMRS still has two rounds to go, with a visit to Calder Park 28-29 October for Round 7, and Round 8 at Wakefield Park 24-26 November including the AMRS 500.
The Australian Motor Racing Series. Exciting. Affordable. Accessible.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 06:53 (Ref:1709951)   #2
SamDale
Racer

SamDale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a great calendar for next year!

Some people have reported difficulty accessing the site over the past few days.

I'm happy to report the problem is now rectified, and www.amrs.net.au will continue to bring all the news on the remaining two rounds in this year's series (including Calder in October and the AMRS 500 at Wakefield Park in November), and for the 2007 Series.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 13:18 (Ref:1710190)   #3
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see the calendar out nice and early for next year
Old 14 Sep 2006, 22:10 (Ref:1710559)   #4
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
Great to see the calendar out nice and early for next year
Yes, it's going to be interesting to see how close the "other" series dates are to these when they are announced publicly.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 08:40 (Ref:1711666)   #5
Silent Number
Racer

Silent Number should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear that one track has been offered the "other" series at a date where the AMRS is on the same weekend elsewhere, seems to me "they" are very short of dates already, or are "they" trying to make mischief.

Personally I think that "they" are trying to play catchup because the AMRS and VMRC dates were out earlier than the "their" national and state series dates.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 05:33 (Ref:1712623)   #6
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Number
I hear that one track has been offered the "other" series at a date where the AMRS is on the same weekend elsewhere, seems to me "they" are very short of dates already, or are "they" trying to make mischief.

Personally I think that "they" are trying to play catchup because the AMRS and VMRC dates were out earlier than the "their" national and state series dates.
What a croc
52 weeks in the year, nothing happens for the last 6 or the first 6 weeks, so effectively 40 "racing weekends" No one in their right mind would schedule on the same weekend as the AGP or Bathurst, and you would be brave to do it on Sandown, so 37 weekends left. 9 events mean 25% of the available dates are covered. Since the cams state championships are generally 6 rounds, WA, SA, NSW, Vic Qld and Tas is 36 rounds, plus the Cams National series for another 10 or so rounds. Then there is the 14 rounds of the V8's (two covered in the above numbers)
So of the 52 "sanctioned" rounds, trying to work within 40 weeks, you are speculating that others are trying to play catch up because you've seen the V8 dates and you have avoided those 14? It must have taken some executive level think tank to work that one out.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 06:48 (Ref:1712638)   #7
Silent Number
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notso Swift
What a croc
52 weeks in the year, nothing happens for the last 6 or the first 6 weeks, so effectively 40 "racing weekends" No one in their right mind would schedule on the same weekend as the AGP or Bathurst, and you would be brave to do it on Sandown, so 37 weekends left. 9 events mean 25% of the available dates are covered. Since the cams state championships are generally 6 rounds, WA, SA, NSW, Vic Qld and Tas is 36 rounds, plus the Cams National series for another 10 or so rounds. Then there is the 14 rounds of the V8's (two covered in the above numbers)
So of the 52 "sanctioned" rounds, trying to work within 40 weeks, you are speculating that others are trying to play catch up because you've seen the V8 dates and you have avoided those 14? It must have taken some executive level think tank to work that one out.
What a croc yourself, go and have look at what weekend the MotoGP is on next year, then have a look what weekend Bathurst is next year, I await your response, here is a couple of links to help you along:
www.eurosport.co.uk/motorcycling for motogp, I am sure you can check around in here for the V8 ones.

BTW, tracks organise thier calendars on the principle of International first, V8's National second, Other National thrid, State forth, Club fifth and so on and so on.

Last edited by Silent Number; 18 Sep 2006 at 06:50.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 08:01 (Ref:1712673)   #8
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
WSB is the same weekend as the clipsal also
Old 18 Sep 2006, 23:24 (Ref:1713300)   #9
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
The bike dates were dictated to the AGPC, not their choice.
And lets be honest, with the exception of a few rebel tracks trying to make some pointless statement, tracks book the most profitable events as a prority, the fact is the biggest events are the ones that are more profitable.

If the V8s decided to run in SA on July 14-15 are you telling me that you would still run at AIR...
Old 18 Sep 2006, 23:48 (Ref:1713311)   #10
Silent Number
Racer

I am talking comparing apples with apples, not apples with pineapples.

AMRS and the National CAMS Series are apples vs apples and "they" wanted to run a CAMS National Series up against the AMRS, that is creating mischief on "their" behalf in my opinion.

Last edited by Silent Number; 18 Sep 2006 at 23:54.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 23:53 (Ref:1713314)   #11
Silent Number
Racer

Quote:
And lets be honest, with the exception of a few rebel tracks trying to make some pointless statement
And what "few rebel" tracks are you insinuating?

If you are talking about the tracks that run AASA events, then I assume you are also talking about all the tracks that are on the AMRS calendar which are:
Quote:
Round 1 Wakefield Park Feb 24-25
Round 2 Calder Park Mar 24-25
Round 3 Winton Raceway Apr 28-29
Round 4 Queensland Raceway Jun 16-17
Round 5 Adelaide International Raceway Jul 14-15
Round 6 Winton Raceway Aug 25-26
Round 7 Calder Park Sep 29-30
Round 8 Wakefield Park Oct 27-28
Round 9 Oran Park Nov 24-25
Phillip Island, Eastern Creek, Mallala have also ran AASA sanctioned events I believe, so keep up with the bus old son, or you may be left behind.
Old 19 Sep 2006, 00:03 (Ref:1713317)   #12
Alan 52
Racer

Alan 52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What AASA events have run at Eastern Creek and Phillip Island?The clashes you are talking about exist this year-26 November has the final round of the CAMS Nationals at Eastern Creek on the same day as the final AMRS meeting at Wakefield Park.I'm surprised that given the non existant spectators and the small number of competitors (many classes well below the standard of State Championship racing) that AMRS has found the money to pay for television in 2007.
Old 19 Sep 2006, 00:21 (Ref:1713321)   #13
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan 52
What AASA events have run at Eastern Creek and Phillip Island?The clashes you are talking about exist this year-26 November has the final round of the CAMS Nationals at Eastern Creek on the same day as the final AMRS meeting at Wakefield Park.I'm surprised that given the non existant spectators and the small number of competitors (many classes well below the standard of State Championship racing) that AMRS has found the money to pay for television in 2007.
So that would be in contrast to the Cams series? Not to sure what THE spectator at Mallala would make of the comparison!
Whose dates were set first?
Make sure you are here with your comments when the Cams series prices itself out of existence.
Old 19 Sep 2006, 01:32 (Ref:1713344)   #14
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
Quote:
And what "few rebel" tracks are you insinuating?

If you are talking about the tracks that run AASA events, then I assume you are also talking about all the tracks that are on the AMRS calendar which are:
Phillip Island, Eastern Creek, Mallala have also ran AASA sanctioned events I believe, so keep up with the bus old son, or you may be left behind.
If you are going to make a quote please keep it in context. The Quote was:
"And lets be honest, with the exception of a few rebel tracks trying to make some pointless statement, tracks book the most profitable events as a priority, the fact is the biggest events are the ones that are more profitable."
Followed up by a question that was never answered:
"If the V8s decided to run in SA on July 14-15 are you telling me that you would still run at AIR..."

But if you want to bring up the "pointless statement" I am happy, not that it will get anywhere
At some venues track hire for some one to run CAMS is more than to run under AASA. Other times event are refused if they want to run CAMS instead of AASA, despite it being illegal to do so. (try looking up "Third line forcing", I will point you in the right direction - its in the Trade Practices Act)
Choosing to run an event with about 100 competitors instead of running one with 200, that is pointless. It generates less revenue for the event operators (even down to the catering, or the value of selling the support services), it also hurts the wider community, that is pointless.
I personally don't give a toss if someone runs an event under CAMS or AASA, provided they can provide an identical level of protection to the spectators, officials and competitors.
Anyway
The point remains, with 40 "racing weekends" and more than 50 Cams Championship stauts events clashes are inevitable.
Self congratulation for getting a calendar out after the V8 calendar is hardly any achievement. A smoothly running Series of national events with 300 competitors, priced reasonably and offering value for both competitors and spectators alike, THAT would be an achievement.
(And nobody is even close to getting there)
Old 19 Sep 2006, 02:21 (Ref:1713357)   #15
Alan 52
Racer

Alan 52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now that the Utes have gone running back to The Artist for the third time(won't they ever learn that they will always be shafted by Him?) in 2007 the CAMS Series is left without its major draw.The only AMRS class that belongs on any program above club racing is the Touring Car Challenge.It also seems that GT Sports and Saloon Cars will be leaving the CAMS Series for The Artist in 2007.Between the 2 series they would be struggling to put together one program with high quality classes that would meet Notso Swift's quite reasonable criteria.I am not a booster of either side in the CAMS v AASA debate but I do recognise that fragmentation in any sport is no good for that sport unless the sides come together quickly to address each others concerns and move on.I find it intriguing that an AMRS round is scheduled for Oran Park next year which makes me more believing of rumours that the current Wakefield Park management might be involved in Tony Perich's plans for an Oran Park replacement.
Old 19 Sep 2006, 03:27 (Ref:1713374)   #16
Silent Number
Racer

How can you possibly serve the "customers" well with 300 cars, how much track time do they get?
Old 19 Sep 2006, 03:54 (Ref:1713380)   #17
Silent Number
Racer

Quote:
The clashes you are talking about exist this year-26 November has the final round of the CAMS Nationals at Eastern Creek on the same day as the final AMRS meeting at Wakefield Park.
and could happen again next year if "they" have "their" way. There are some competitors who like to do both events
Old 19 Sep 2006, 03:54 (Ref:1713381)   #18
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
If you are going to make a quote please keep it in context. The Quote was:

But if you want to bring up the "pointless statement" I am happy, not that it
Choosing to run an event with about 100 competitors instead of running one with 200, that is pointless. .
I personally don't give a toss if someone runs an event under CAMS or AASA, provided they can provide an identical level of protection to the spectators, officials and competitors.

A smoothly running Series of national events with 300 competitors, priced reasonably and offering value for both competitors and spectators alike, THAT would be an achievement.
I included your own words-- so we can all see how pointless in facts they actually are. Which "smoothly running Series of national events with 300 competitors,priced reasonably and offering value for both competitors and spectators"
Given your comments about the AMRS the presumption is that you are referring to the Cams National series.Problem is it seems to fail the description you have bestowed-- smoothly == Hardly. 300 competitors == numbers have not even got to 1/2 that and more recently 1/4 is more accurate.priced reasonably=== competitors paying ridiculous (outrageous)amount to get to race .Offering value== now you are getting silly. This whole series being is in question as key classes in its birth-GT and F3 struggle for their existence. Maybe Cams can extract enough from BMW or Toyota to run their open wheel formula to subsidise the series for it's survival- come to think of it it is greed that drives them not being clever so they probably will not think of it.
Old 19 Sep 2006, 03:57 (Ref:1713382)   #19
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
How can you possibly serve the "customers" well with 300 cars, how much track time do they get?

By turning the "300" into the 75 that it actually is!
Old 19 Sep 2006, 03:58 (Ref:1713383)   #20
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It also seems that GT Sports and Saloon Cars will be leaving the CAMS Series for The Artist in 2007.
Sorry Alan but Saloon Cars will definitely be running an 8 Round Championship with the CAMS National Series in 2007.

The V8 meetings that the Saloon Cars were at in 2006 were invitation events to fill in spaces vacated by other categories for one reason or another.
Old 19 Sep 2006, 04:11 (Ref:1713386)   #21
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
Silver if you are going to quote read what was said first.
The Quote was:
A smoothly running Series of national events with 300 competitors, priced reasonably and offering value for both competitors and spectators alike, THAT would be an achievement.
Silent number:
8 event card with full grids, and not "V8 full", but really full.
Old 19 Sep 2006, 05:15 (Ref:1713402)   #22
Silent Number
Racer

Having a quick look at the VMRC results on NATSOF at the weekend sees 30+ cars for a couple of events, it has taken a while but it is growing, it is doing exactly as it was planned to do
Old 19 Sep 2006, 05:19 (Ref:1713403)   #23
Silent Number
Racer

Quote:
Silent number:
8 event card with full grids, and not "V8 full", but really full.
and when has that happened in the last 5 years anywhere in Australia?
Old 19 Sep 2006, 06:05 (Ref:1713412)   #24
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
Quote:
and when has that happened in the last 5 years anywhere in Australia?
That is the point! I was recently (6 months ago) OS and went to an event in France and one in the UK. Reminded me of Road reg in the 80's... 70 cars in a catagory, A and B finals
Old 19 Sep 2006, 07:05 (Ref:1713430)   #25
Silent Number
Racer

That doesn't answer my question, in Australia was the question.