Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20 Feb 2008, 07:22 (Ref:2133085)   #10
VolvoGroupA
Rookie

Sweden
Sweden
VolvoGroupA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
VolvoGroupA - That is very interesting reading, as at the time TWR was also publicly tied up with Holden in producing their new VL Group A car for 1988. TWR had also obviously planned on running two Holden's in the 1987 WTCC, and fronted with 1 car at the Nurburgring WTCC round.

Despite the article mentioning the possibility of a TWR Volvo entry at Silverstone, could TWR have been doing 'contract work' so to speak for Team SRS?
TWR perheps saw potential in the Volvo after the ETC season in -85 and -86? For after all Volvo whould have also won the ETC -86 if it werent for the three victorys that was taken from them, they did run with one race with a dashboard that didnt follow the regulations, it was to light. So perheps TWR was doing 'contract work' with Volvo? Must look into this more now...

In the same time I wonder because before I read this article I had no idea about TWR being involved with Volvo in Group-A. So its very strange to that of all the pics I have of Volvo Group-A not even one have a sponsorssticker no nothing that can confirm the fact that TWR was behind Volvo in anything. Perheps he was a 'passive sponsor' like Volvo themselfs were in the beginning of Volvo entering Group-A, it was first in -85 Volvo confirmed their involvment in Group-A with Volvo. I will look in more to this with one of my swedish friends here back home and see what he can tell me about it.

This pics I enclose are the same car only in diffrent versions =) The former Per Stureson DTM winner car from -85.