Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Nov 2023, 17:19 (Ref:4187420)   #26
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Ho yes, Monsieur is perfect. Just from my experience, take care if you intend to sail to Sicilia from Genova. Ferry schedules are somewhat romantic over there… We entered our RSR moons ago (was it 75 or '76) in W championship and missed the ferry! Captain said he was fed up waiting and just went!
Old 28 Nov 2023, 11:42 (Ref:4187644)   #27
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pergusa Enna- it is GTSCC. I received an email from them today.
Old 2 Dec 2023, 14:31 (Ref:4188062)   #28
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
French championship by HVM, 2024 provisional calendar: https://www.hvmracing.fr/img/cms/Cal...02024%20V2.pdf
Dijon Motors Cup 4/6 October.
Old 13 Dec 2023, 12:19 (Ref:4188935)   #29
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
FISCAR dates:-

April 20th - VSCC Spring Start - Silverstone

June 22/23 - Thruxton Historics (which day yet to be confirmed)

August 10th - Bentley Drivers Club, Silverstone

September (probably 21/22nd) - Castle Combe Autumn Classic (which day yet to be confirmed).

We'd like to add one more, say in July, but not hopeful!
Over on Castle Combe's website it is confirmed that the Autumn Classic will expand to two days on September 20th/21st although apart from FISCAR there is no news of the series which will be competing. Unfortunately at Thruxton, just over forty miles down the road, over the same weekend the TCR UK series will be supported by the Classic Touring Car Racing club...
Old 13 Dec 2023, 13:31 (Ref:4188942)   #30
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Over on Castle Combe's website it is confirmed that the Autumn Classic will expand to two days on September 20th/21st although apart from FISCAR there is no news of the series which will be competing
I think the other races will include the GT and Sports Car Cup; HRDC Gerry Marshall Trophy (Grp. 1 saloons); HRDC Allstars; HRDC Jack Sears Trophy; Classic Alfas; Classic Ferraris; Mini Se7ens and Mini Miglias.
Old 13 Dec 2023, 14:21 (Ref:4188943)   #31
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Thanks for that kipper, according to the HRDC website they will be at Castle Combe on the Sunday. Looking forward to the Gerry Marshall race in particular as the GTSCC version put on a great display with only a small grid in 2022. That is if I don't go to Thruxton instead for the TCR UK and the CTCRC ...
Old 23 Dec 2023, 09:57 (Ref:4189702)   #32
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just a note to say that the VSCC have moved our FISCAR Spring Start race to Sunday, 21st April.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 1 Jan 2024, 10:27 (Ref:4190491)   #33
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
I received an email on Saturday from Goodwood confirming that the 81st Members Meeting is to be held on the 13th and 14th of April. The first race to be confirmed is an all Ford Mustang race, the cars to be powered by sustainable fuels. Also on the programme will be a demonstration of up to twenty Can Am cars.
Old 11 Jan 2024, 16:07 (Ref:4191471)   #34
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
  • July 11-14: Brian Redman International Challenge at Road America
  • July 25-28: Pittsburgh Historic at PIRC
  • August 2-3: Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix at Schenley Park
  • August 10-11: Monterey Pre-Reunion at Laguna Seca
  • August 14-17: Monterey Motorsports Reunion at Laguna Seca
Also, the SVRA moved the U.S. Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen one week earlier to August 22-25.
Old 11 Jan 2024, 17:05 (Ref:4191482)   #35
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
VdeV Sports Calendar

25/26 May: 6 Heures de Navarra.
5/6 July: 6 Heures du Paul Ricard.
1/3 November: Les 2 Tours d'Horloge (Le Castellet).
More info in your language here: https://vdev.fr/en/
Old 3 Feb 2024, 09:58 (Ref:4194930)   #36
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Test day at Dijon 9 March

https://asave.fr/roulage-2024/ Sorry can't find the english version ATM, if having any real interest can give some help to contact Asavé. Relaxed ambiance included!
Old 24 Apr 2024, 16:18 (Ref:4206300)   #37
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Spa Summer Classic this weekend including 3 Hour race. Any tenther there? Free entry for spectators. https://spasummerclassic.com/fr/
Live timing: http://roadbook.alkamelsystems.com/

Last edited by Gerard C; 24 Apr 2024 at 16:25. Reason: Addition of live timing link.
Old 24 Apr 2024, 18:35 (Ref:4206321)   #38
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Spa Summer Classic this weekend including 3 Hour race. Any tenther there?
I notice in the 3 hr entry list is a David Smith driving a #94 Gilbern 1800 GT

Also in the 3 hr, Andy Newall sharing Rhea Sautter's E-Type

3hr entry list http://summer2024.mtsweb.be/Print.asp?t=1&idpl=1

Other category entry lists. http://summer2024.mtsweb.be/
Old 25 Apr 2024, 09:46 (Ref:4206367)   #39
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also a certain Mr Rowley in an MGB no. 34.
Old 25 Apr 2024, 15:56 (Ref:4206413)   #40
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
May be its just me but find the entry list looks like what the 6 hr were back in the day. Have fun all!
Old 25 Apr 2024, 16:40 (Ref:4206417)   #41
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Yes me and my pal who does the engines for my Lenham are on the morning shuttle with Gilbert. Looks like it could be a dry and not too cold weekend :-)
Old 25 Apr 2024, 16:45 (Ref:4206418)   #42
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well good luck to you and Iain.
Old 25 Apr 2024, 18:47 (Ref:4206446)   #43
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
It gives Gilbern 1800 GT #94 David Smith/ John Faux, MG B Roadster #34 Brian Lambert/ Iain Rowley, Jaguar E-Type #52 Rhea Sautter/ Andy Newall. An old bloke is pedalling the 911 #56 ( 2'55" in FP).
Old Yesterday, 08:57 (Ref:4206500)   #44
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Many teams having to use Avon CRZZ's tires, lap times might be different from other races ( 6 Hr for instance).
Old Today, 14:35 (Ref:4206649)   #45
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The track is dry so far. Q to start at 5 10 PM local time.
Old Today, 16:14 (Ref:4206668)   #46
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Red flag in Qualy with 8 minutes to go. Lambert / Rowley the fastest MGB
Old Today, 19:01 (Ref:4206675)   #47
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
And me faster than you, ta!

Not only the schedule is somewhat strange with Q Saturday night and race Sunday early in the morning. With only 30' of qualy and some teams using three drivers for the same car, they'll have to think about some improvements for next year. As to the rules saying that each driver must drive during qualy they'll have to turn a blind eye on the grid! Yes Lambert fast and consistent, he bagged several 3'13 something before the red flag.