Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 23 Dec 2003, 16:25 (Ref:819108)   #1
Ben 93 325is
Racer

Ben 93 325is should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know what's up with Franchitti?

I keep reading how Gentilozzi and Newman are trying to "help" him get out of his contract with the IRL...but didn't he just resign with AGR a couple months ago? If he wanted out so bad...why the heck would he resign his contract?
Old 23 Dec 2003, 16:32 (Ref:819119)   #2
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As far as I know he never resigned his contract and he is still planning on racing for AGR at the start of the 2004 season.
Old 23 Dec 2003, 16:44 (Ref:819135)   #3
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
As far as I know, he DID re-sign with Mario's grandson's father.
Old 23 Dec 2003, 17:29 (Ref:819182)   #4
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Anyone know what's up with Franchitti?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben 93 325is
I keep reading how Gentilozzi and Newman are trying to "help" him get out of his contract with the IRL...but didn't he just resign with AGR a couple months ago? If he wanted out so bad...why the heck would he resign his contract?

www.indyracing.com

They have an article from Nov.18, that states that Franchitti will be coming back to drive for AGR, and he's anxious to do so.

However, it doesn't say if he's contractually bound or not.
Old 23 Dec 2003, 17:30 (Ref:819183)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That old resign / re-sign confusion again, by the looks of it.

Dario won't be leaving AGR, the deal's been confirmed for ages,t ehre's no indication that Dario is unhappy, and it's probably all wishful thinking anyway.
Old 23 Dec 2003, 20:18 (Ref:819336)   #6
zerO
Veteran

zerO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, here's some "fuzzy math/logic" =

1. Dario doesn't want to stay in IRL.
2. Ashley doesn't want Dario to stay in IRL.
3. Honda want's Dario in IRL.
4. AGR has no $$$ to pay for Dario.
5. Paul Newman wants Dario in Champ Cars.
6. Paul Gentilozzi wants Dario in Champ Cars.
7. AGR/Honda running 4 cars doesn't make much sense... Honda might give-up and let Dario go to Champ Cars and everybody would be happy ever after... :confused:

zerO
Old 23 Dec 2003, 20:37 (Ref:819350)   #7
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ashley Judd, that's what Dario should be up too.
Old 23 Dec 2003, 20:38 (Ref:819351)   #8
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i imagine he will probably stay with agr just because of the pay. I hope he doesn't regret it.
Old 23 Dec 2003, 20:44 (Ref:819355)   #9
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has anyone actually heard/seen Dario say he wants back in ChampCars?
Old 23 Dec 2003, 21:31 (Ref:819398)   #10
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Nobody could've said it better, DF.
Old 23 Dec 2003, 21:32 (Ref:819401)   #11
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Oh yeah...
Great post, Snout!
Old 23 Dec 2003, 21:37 (Ref:819408)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With all the drivers out there who are actually keen to enter ChampCars, why try to entice deserters back again?
Old 23 Dec 2003, 21:58 (Ref:819432)   #13
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Snout
Ashley Judd, that's what Dario should be up too.
Snout, let's remember what Macdaddy has been telling us lately...this is a family forum!
Old 24 Dec 2003, 00:30 (Ref:819552)   #14
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good point Down Force, from the only article I read or found, it says that Dario is eager to get back with AGR, and the IRL.

Danica Patrick
Old 24 Dec 2003, 01:01 (Ref:819582)   #15
Speedfrog
Rookie

Speedfrog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys, Dario want's to leave but he can't get off of his contract with AGR.

Tony George made some pressure to Dario and AGR to keep Dario far for Champ Car.

The reason of this confusion about his contract is Dario asked to Michael Andretti that he was interested to return in Champ Car.

Andretti was trying to help him to quit IRL, but Tony George don't want this to happen.

VoilÃ*!

It's far for over....
Old 24 Dec 2003, 04:44 (Ref:819655)   #16
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
Welcome Speedfrog!

You sound like an insider!

Danica Patrick
Old 24 Dec 2003, 12:29 (Ref:819925)   #17
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've heard that Scott Dixon had the same kind of contract. Don't these guys read what they are signing? Or are they blinded by the $$$$$$$$$? If the latter, don't they have their lawyers read what they are signing and tell them that they are selling their souls for a mess of pottage?

Fortunately Bruno had good lawyers to review his Ganassi contract and despite serious pressure he refused to sign it.

Interesting idea that even his boss would be trying to break his contract. Isn't it dangerous to force someone into a dangerous race car and onto edit when he really doesn't want to be there at all?

Sorry Liz, but we have been trying to stop using "nicknames" such as that on both forums. Thanks, DF

Last edited by Down F0rce; 24 Dec 2003 at 12:45.
Old 24 Dec 2003, 16:31 (Ref:820062)   #18
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At the end of the day when it comes to top flight racing(pardon the pun), if someone does not want to drive you can't make them. It's really up to dario and for now he appears to have made his choice.
Old 24 Dec 2003, 16:47 (Ref:820070)   #19
Liz
Veteran

Oops sorry, I should have just put "ovals" I guess.
Old 26 Dec 2003, 19:50 (Ref:820879)   #20
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Answering the original question which is the name of the topic...

No.
Old 27 Dec 2003, 08:23 (Ref:821121)   #21
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hahaha.

Remeber that at Phillip Island he didn't exactly jump up and down about who he was driving for, he just said he wanted to be back in the car around Ferbuary. Or something. Maybe i'm reading to much into it, yup okay. Ignore.

But on a serious note, wasn't Franchetti one of the highest paid english/scottish sportsman - more than Coulthard or nearly as much?
Old 27 Dec 2003, 09:50 (Ref:821142)   #22
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dario can do anything he pleases. Don't really care what he does.

But I will say that he is a wasted talent driving in the roundy-roundy series.
Old 27 Dec 2003, 12:50 (Ref:821218)   #23
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's very interesting when a driver moves to IRL, all the rumors start that he really doesn't want to be there. In the case of Franchitti or Dixon, never once has either of them stated they didn't want to be there but forum posters put words in their mouths and secret-motion ideas of clandestine ways to get them to return to CART.

In reality, Franchitti, Dixon, Castroneves, de Ferran, Kanaan, etc., NONE of them have ever said they didn't want to be in the IRL. None of them have whined. None of them have pouted. None of them have b*tched. They all just went racing.
Old 27 Dec 2003, 16:16 (Ref:821316)   #24
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the IRL was a truly representant of the history of American open-wheel, maybe no rumors would appear about drivers not liking it, even if they're true or not.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 01:35 (Ref:821586)   #25
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dixon has said he wants to race in F1, ergo he doesn't want to race in the IRL.