Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Sep 2003, 02:44 (Ref:708676)   #1
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sandown 500 Entry List

Car Number Team Sponsor Name CAMS Competitor Name Driver Name Co-Driver Name Model

1 Holden Racing Team TBA Mark Skaife Todd Kelly VY
2 Holden Racing Team TBA Jim Richards Tony Longhurst VY
3 Lansvale Smash Repairs Lansvale Smash Repairs Cameron McConville Tim Leahey VX
4 Pirtek Racing Stone Brothers Racing Marcos Ambrose Russell Ingall BA
5 Ford Performance Racing Prodrive Racing ( Australia ) Pty Ltd Darren Hossack Adam Macrow BA
6 Ford Performance Racing Prodrive Racing ( Australia ) Pty Ltd Craig Lowndes Glenn Seton BA
8 Castrol Perkins Racing Team Team Perkins Motorsport Pty Ltd Paul Dumbrell Tomas Mezera VX
9 Caltex Havoline Race Team Stone Brothers Racing Mark Winterbottom Mark Noske BA
10 Orrcon Racing Mark Larkham Mark Larkham / Jason Bargwanna Grant Johnston / Kerry Wade AU
11 Castrol Perkins Racing Team Team Perkins Motorsport Pty Ltd Steven Richards Larry Perkins VY
13 Team Brock PWR Performance Products Steve Owen Phillip Scifleet VX
15 Kmart Racing Team Motorsport Holdings Pty Ltd Andy Priaulx Cameron McLean VX
16 Team Brock Paul Weel Racing Greg Ritter Marcus Marshall VX
17 Shell Helix Racing Dick Johnson Steven Johnson Warren Luff BA
18 Shell Helix Racing Dick Johnson Max Wilson David Brabham BA
19 Ford Performance Racing Prodrive Racing ( Australia ) Pty Ltd David Besnard Owen Kelly BA
20 Orrcon Racing Mark Larkham Grant Johnston / Kerry Wade Mark Larkham / Jason Bargwanna AU
21 OzEmail Brad Jones Racing Brad Jones John Bowe BA
021 Team Kiwi Racing Team Kiwi Racing Craig Baird Mark Porter VX
23 TBA Tony Noske Racing Neal Bates Rick Bates AU
24 TBA Romano Racing Andy McElrae Alan Gurr TBA
29 Sirromet - Life / Style / Wine Nemo Racing Paul Morris John Faulkner VY
31 Super Cheap Auto Racing Steve Ellery Racing Steve Ellery Luke Youlden BA
33 Garry Rogers Motorsport Garry Rogers Motorsport Jamie Whincup/Garth Tander Nathan Pretty/Allan Simonsen VX
34 Garry Rogers Motorsport Garry Rogers Motorsport Jamie Whincup/Garth Tander Nathan Pretty/Allan Simonsen VY
44 Team Dynamik Team Dynamik Pty Ltd Jason Richards Simon Wills VY
45 Team Dynamik Team Dynamik Pty Ltd Jan Magnussen Nicolas Minassian VY
50 Team Brock Paul Weel Racing Jason Bright Paul Weel VX
51 Kmart Racing Team Motorsport Holdings Pty Ltd Rick Kelly Greg Murphy VY
65 Betta Electrical John Briggs Motorsport Paul Radisich Rickard Rydell BA
66 Betta Electrical John Briggs Motorsport Dean Canto Matthew White BA
75 Toll Racing Paul Little Racing Anthony Tratt Paul Stokell BA
99 Thexton Motor Racing Pty Ltd Thexton Motor Racing Pty Ltd David Thexton Brett Peters AU
888 OzEmail Brad Jones Racing Andrew Jones John Cleland BA
TBA Team Brock PWR Performance Products Dale Brede Tony Ricciardello VX
TOTAL 35
Old 5 Sep 2003, 02:53 (Ref:708680)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As ever, very illuminating RaceTime...

- Paul Little Racing as the entrant of the Tratt car...
- GRM running the 2nd car as a VX, not a VY as suggested...
- Same goes for CPR
- Speedy still in the entry list despite it being written elsewhere that he is not allowed to run :confused:
- John Briggs Motorsport name still in use despite the new entity taking ownership this week
- And the TBA will probably be #46
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 5 Sep 2003, 02:55 (Ref:708681)   #3
RaceTime
Veteran

Sorry about the formatting - haven't found a way to retain it on here yet
Old 5 Sep 2003, 02:55 (Ref:708683)   #4
RaceTime
Veteran

Well the entry list came from AVESCO - not Sandown - so yes, enlightening...
Old 5 Sep 2003, 03:01 (Ref:708686)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Perhaps they should tidy up the entry list on the official site, it seems TBA is driving for every team on their view
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 5 Sep 2003, 03:13 (Ref:708689)   #6
RaceTime
Veteran

Prolific driver...
Old 5 Sep 2003, 03:16 (Ref:708691)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
TBA seems to be a car as well, remains the #24 car even on this list. Must be one of those "Transformer" things, "Robots in disguise" to become a driver AND a car
Old 5 Sep 2003, 05:56 (Ref:708748)   #8
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave up taking any notice of AVESCO entry lists years ago.

never been correct never will be !!!

Last edited by The Tool Man; 5 Sep 2003 at 05:59.
Old 5 Sep 2003, 05:59 (Ref:708751)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I am betting they wont cut the signs for the driver names on that #24 car till Friday morning either, assuming they do ever find a car to run.

And it seems someone is spreading incorrect rumours that old Speedy wont be allowed to run at Sandown/Bathurst because of a licencing issue... DT will be attempting to qualify for both races, according to his team
Old 5 Sep 2003, 06:01 (Ref:708754)   #10
The Tool Man
Veteran

I thought he would HAVE TO at least ATTEMPT to qualify as he like others would be under obligation to turn up as a AVESCO licence ( Franchise) holder. Wouldnt he.
Old 5 Sep 2003, 06:04 (Ref:708757)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
WW has qualified the car this year, just never fronted on race day. LRT were the brainy ones, hooking up with Speedy to share his pitboom, knowing full well that there will be times when they get the boom to themselves
Old 5 Sep 2003, 06:04 (Ref:708758)   #12
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes he has to turn up and try to qualify, and it appears to be a bad rumour started my someone.
Old 5 Sep 2003, 06:12 (Ref:708764)   #13
Tony C
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
Tony C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speedy should have a relief driver to qualify the car, wont be good for sponsors or the co driver if speedy drops the ball
Old 5 Sep 2003, 06:17 (Ref:708768)   #14
The Tool Man
Veteran

What sponsors theres not that many of them
Old 5 Sep 2003, 06:18 (Ref:708769)   #15
RRR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, VIC
RRR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes Tony C, Speedy should enter 3 drivers, but he remains firm. "If I don't qualify, the car doesn't race ..."
Old 5 Sep 2003, 06:20 (Ref:708773)   #16
The Tool Man
Veteran

And Brett Peters gets an all expenses paid trip to the circuit as a spectator. Your a smart man Brett !!
Old 5 Sep 2003, 06:26 (Ref:708781)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
And rents out his AU on the Saturday at Bathurst for Speedy's 25lap dash in the Konica race
Old 5 Sep 2003, 06:28 (Ref:708786)   #18
RaceTime
Veteran

Wasn't it mentioned somewhere that he isn't allowed to enter 3 drivers?
Old 5 Sep 2003, 06:43 (Ref:708793)   #19
The Tool Man
Veteran

No One Is, that is cross entering and that hasnt been allowed for quite some time. there was a specific two driver rule bought in a few years ago
Old 5 Sep 2003, 06:48 (Ref:708796)   #20
The Tool Man
Veteran

Whilst Queing at Brissy Airport for the flight to Darwin ealier this year I was behind the Thexton crew and two of the guys were discussing the Qualifying trouble, a fellow behind me wearing a Holden Racing Team shirt ( fan not team member or anything) said loud enough for the rest of the line to hear. "If he does qualify there is a real danger he will turn car 99 into Car 66 before the end of the third lap of the race. The only people not laughing were the two Guys in front of me and Texto himself, the other TMS guys were at least smiling.
Old 5 Sep 2003, 06:51 (Ref:708798)   #21
RaceTime
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by The Tool Man
No One Is, that is cross entering and that hasnt been allowed for quite some time. there was a specific two driver rule bought in a few years ago
No - wasn't talking about cross entering at all - specificaly entering 3 drivers for Bathurst.
Old 5 Sep 2003, 06:54 (Ref:708799)   #22
The Tool Man
Veteran

Yeah but I was under the impression that a direction was given by AVESCO CAMS or SOMEONE about 98 or 99 or even later that ONLY TWO DRIVERS could be entered per car for Bathurst. I have the better half rummaging through boxes in the garage trying to find where it was written, Im certain Ive read it somewhere.
Old 5 Sep 2003, 07:10 (Ref:708816)   #23
RaceTime
Veteran

It owuld have to be in either the AVESCO handbook (novel) or the NCR's
Old 5 Sep 2003, 07:20 (Ref:708824)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
D3.3 of the Division "D" - Sporting Rules....

"3.3.1 This Rule D 3.3 applies only to the Melbourne 500, the Bob Jane T-Marts 1000 and other Competitions as specified from time to time
3.3.2 The maximum number of drivers is two (2) per Car...."
Old 5 Sep 2003, 07:25 (Ref:708826)   #25
The Tool Man
Veteran

I Knew Id read or heard about it somewhere, for the record shes still looking for the info, while Im watching telly.