Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 17 Jun 2010, 16:13 (Ref:2713785)   #151
Lola T70
Racer

Lola T70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed except risks have to be calculated or they are just relying on too much luck whether they come off or not

What was that word you used, predilliction?!?!? Have to look that one up.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 16:46 (Ref:2713807)   #152
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Davidson is saying on Crash.net that he is sorry he ended the Corvette's race but feels that the Corvette should have given him more room. He comments about his having done 3 Le Mans and driven in GT.

Now I feel that he should again have though about his comments, Manu Collard has more sportscar experience than most and in a wide variety of cars and will have taken the racing line under the impression that the rule about overtaking is that it is up to the passing car to find a way past. As I understand it this is said in all drivers briefings at such events.

Perhaps Davidson is sore at not being a GP driver and wants to show his ability in what is, to him, a new field but he must learn the disciplines and not assume slow cars will move over for fast ones because they won't. We could write a long list of drivers in sportscars who had the ability for F1 and did not get the breaks, no future in that.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2713863)   #153
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a heck of a long thread and possibly the most circular one I've seen here for a long time....... Room for plenty of 'IMO's, I think, as opinions will inevitably differ.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 18:54 (Ref:2713879)   #154
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
After the great interview (listen here in which Davidson sincerely apologies about his attitude in the interviews after the incident, I think this topic can be closed.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2713880)   #155
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
So you know exactly the cause of the #64 Corvette engine failure and that it was not connected in anyway whatsoever to the 'incident'? Please do tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
It looked pretty much like what had happened to the 63, only it was purely smoke out of the exhaust, there was a trail of fluid from the same exhaust of the 63.
Hmm, and looked like, is an exact cause??

As it would seem the #64 retiring was caused by oil starvation in the engine during the off which caused a valve to fail (reportedly)!

L.P.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 19:00 (Ref:2713884)   #156
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I guess we'll never really know, whatever may be conjectured.....
Old 17 Jun 2010, 19:07 (Ref:2713891)   #157
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, I guess we'll never really know, whatever may be conjectured.....
Conjecture? I think not. Unless Ollie or Corvette are not telling the truth. Or do you suppose that the do not have the tech. and telemetry to determine such?

L.P.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 19:15 (Ref:2713895)   #158
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
telemetry
I thought telemetry was banned in GT2 cars... or at least real-time telemetry was.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2713901)   #159
Austinspace75
Racer

England
Cardiff
Austinspace75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Conjecture? I think not. Unless Ollie or Corvette are not telling the truth. Or do you suppose that the do not have the tech. and telemetry to determine such?
I'm just guessing here, but perhaps they've moved on and decided just to get on with their lives?
Old 17 Jun 2010, 19:28 (Ref:2713907)   #160
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So it wasn't attempted murder it was real murder. He killed a Corvette (the other one just committed suicide). Quick, get him infront of Congress.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 19:30 (Ref:2713909)   #161
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I thought telemetry was banned in GT2 cars... or at least real-time telemetry was.

Art. 2.9 of GT-2 rules:
Quote:
3) Telemetry signals from the car to the pits (one direction)

L.P.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 19:36 (Ref:2713912)   #162
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
So it wasn't attempted murder it was real murder. He killed a Corvette (the other one just committed suicide). Quick, get him infront of Congress.

No, IMO, he put the Vette off which could of had dire concequences up to and including fatal injuries. But alas you do not agree and therfore mock, as it does not fit your opinion.

As to what is being discussed in the post now being mocked, it is direct outgrowth of the 'incident' and is a valid part of the overall discussion.

L.P.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2713916)   #163
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Apologises for mocking. Although it is more in jest to try and lighten the mood.

There is an underlying reason to my posting, which I thought obvious. IMHO you are exaggerating the situation making much more of it that there really is and there is a lack of perspective in your words.

Although I must admit to finding it all a little funny. My words aren't mocking, just a reflection of my perspective on this. I aint going to take it more seriously, because it is just a motor race. The best motor race, but if it became as serious as it seems here then it would be no where near as much fun.

I have another light hearted comment; so AD killed two cars engines by driving too hard, the 'vettes and the Pug's.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2713918)   #164
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It's a heck of a long thread and possibly the most circular one I've seen here for a long time....... Room for plenty of 'IMO's, I think, as opinions will inevitably differ.
Well, that's what you get here isn't it, opinions, yours included.
FORUM - "A public meeting place for open discussion"
We don't all necessarily have to agree with them, do we?
Old 17 Jun 2010, 19:53 (Ref:2713919)   #165
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Sorry, I did not take them in the jesting light hearted vein in which they were given.

L.P.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 19:57 (Ref:2713922)   #166
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I must admit I am just sort of finding all a little funny now (especially with the pic of JH and AD) and can't remove that mind set. Probably is getting in the way of discussion.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 20:19 (Ref:2713932)   #167
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I must admit I am just sort of finding all a little funny now (especially with the pic of JH and AD) and can't remove that mind set. Probably is getting in the way of discussion.
hence why i have decided to observe ONLY...
wait...
i can't even do that right!
Old 18 Jun 2010, 01:44 (Ref:2714086)   #168
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am having the same reaction to the photo, Adam.
Old 18 Jun 2010, 07:44 (Ref:2714167)   #169
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Well, that's what you get here isn't it, opinions, yours included.
FORUM - "A public meeting place for open discussion"
We don't all necessarily have to agree with them, do we?

I haven't actually given an opinion....

Nor do I intend to.

My point was simply that we have a couple of opinions being propounded over and over again. Sure, it's a free country and forum for that matter, but surely eventually a subject is done to death?

But if not, feel free to carry on.......
Old 18 Jun 2010, 08:15 (Ref:2714182)   #170
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just listened to the rlm podcast. Great interview and well done AD. Apologised for the comments, not the incident though. Which is fair enough as no-one now considers this an issue. Hope to see more drives like that next year.
Old 18 Jun 2010, 08:18 (Ref:2714187)   #171
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Old 18 Jun 2010, 11:54 (Ref:2714266)   #172
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No, IMO, he put the Vette off which could of had dire concequences up to and including fatal injuries. But alas you do not agree and therfore mock, as it does not fit your opinion.

As to what is being discussed in the post now being mocked, it is direct outgrowth of the 'incident' and is a valid part of the overall discussion.
Old 18 Jun 2010, 12:39 (Ref:2714281)   #173
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't get this. Drivers and fans wax lyrical about how Le Mans has become a "24 hour sprint race" yet when a driver really shows what that means, everyone has a hissy fit about not respecting the race, etc, etc

There were a lot of passes of backmarkers at that point of the track and the fact of the matter is that he never actually touched Collard's car.

I will conceed that he didn't present his case very well in the interviews. He's a poor diplomat but a bloody fast race driver as far as I'm concerned.

Ben
Old 18 Jun 2010, 14:12 (Ref:2714322)   #174
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
oh by the way, for Steve Tarrant:

at the end of the race, with the marshalls out with their flags waving for the last lap, I saw a shot with some white overalled git in a wheelchair, I can't imagine there are many chaired marshalls out there so I am assuming it was you.

You and I have never dialogued on 10/10ths, but I have read some of your accounts of the ACO giving you a hard time coming back after your incident, so I am glad to see that you were back trackside and that you enjoyed the race. Nice too not to have rain at all, just from the practical side of being easier to get around with your skinny tires (I have a brother-in-law in a chair)

cheers from Canada
Old 18 Jun 2010, 14:26 (Ref:2714328)   #175
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
After the great interview (listen here in which Davidson sincerely apologies about his attitude in the interviews after the incident, I think this topic can be closed.
Agree completely.

It's a heck of of a long interview, but I have never heard a racing driver be so honest and sincere about every single aspect of the race, not just the Corvette one, as AD is there. It has greatly increased my respect for him as a person and I've sort of known him for nearly 10 years. We need more drivers and individuals like him and it's time to draw a line under the incident and look forward to the next race.
Closed Thread