Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2024 V8Supercar Driver’s Championship?
#99: TFH Erebus Camaro : Hazelwood 4 11.11%
#9: TFH Erebus Camaro : Le Brocq 0 0%
#88: RBART 888 Camaro : Feeney 7 19.44%
#87: RBART 888 Camaro : Brown 3 8.33%
#12: SCT BJR Camaro : Evans 1 2.78%
#8: R&J BJR Camaro : Heimgartner 1 2.78%
#14: Middys BJR Camaro : Fullwood 0 0%
#96: Pizza Hut BJR Camaro : Jones 0 0%
#6: Monster Tickford Mustang : Waters 7 19.44%
#55: Castrol Tickford Mustang : Randle 0 0%
#11: SVPR DJR Mustang : De Pasquale 0 0%
#17: SVPR DJR Mustang : Davison 1 2.78%
#2: TAR Mobil WAU Mustang : Wood 0 0%
#25: Optus Mobil WAU Mustang : Mostert 7 19.44%
#19: Penrite Grove Mustang : Payne 2 5.56%
#26: Penrite Grove Mustang : Stanaway 2 5.56%
#18: DeWalt T18 Camaro : Winterbottom 0 0%
#20: Tradie Beer T18 Camaro : Reynolds 0 0%
#23: PremiAir Nulon Camaro : Slade 0 0%
#31: PremiAir Nulon Camaro : Golding 0 0%
#10: Bendix MSR Camaro : Percat 0 0%
#4: Tyrepower MSR Camaro : Hill 0 0%
#3: CoolDrive BRT Mustang : Love 0 0%
#7: Snowy River BRT Mustang : Courtney 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Feb 2023, 02:36 (Ref:4143977)   #1
Jack65
Racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 274
Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2024 RVSC Silly Season (With Poll)

Now that the 2023 field is locked in, what changes are in the wind for 2024? Obviously until SVG makes his will be he stay or go decision, things at the pointy end will remain in a holding pattern. Should he decide to exit stage right, who would be the contenders for the Triple Eight seat. While Feeney has shown he has what it takes, you would think they would want an established star.

While there has been suggestions that James Courtney will make way for Zak Best, will retirement beckon for the other members of the over 40s club; Will Davison and Mark Winterbottom?

But is Davison the most under threat at DJR? While he had plenty of polls and race wins in the past two years, Anton de Pasquale has yet to be a championship threat. Likewise Nick Percat’s 2022 season didn’t live up to expectations with WAU not moving up the team's championship as it had had stated it hoped to do by putting an established driver in its second car.
Jack65 is offline  
Quote
Old 17 Feb 2023, 11:51 (Ref:4144004)   #2
Kingair
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,227
Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Davison parental leave.

If SVG does depart, will Mr Stanaway take up a full time drive for 888?
Kingair is offline  
Quote
Old 17 Feb 2023, 13:47 (Ref:4144021)   #3
JoeW04
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 554
JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack65 View Post
Now that the 2023 field is locked in, what changes are in the wind for 2024? Obviously until SVG makes his will be he stay or go decision, things at the pointy end will remain in a holding pattern. Should he decide to exit stage right, who would be the contenders for the Triple Eight seat. While Feeney has shown he has what it takes, you would think they would want an established star.

While there has been suggestions that James Courtney will make way for Zak Best, will retirement beckon for the other members of the over 40s club; Will Davison and Mark Winterbottom?

But is Davison the most under threat at DJR? While he had plenty of polls and race wins in the past two years, Anton de Pasquale has yet to be a championship threat. Likewise Nick Percat’s 2022 season didn’t live up to expectations with WAU not moving up the team's championship as it had had stated it hoped to do by putting an established driver in its second car.
Get the feeling mr svg is getting itchy feet and gen3 will be what tips him over the edge
JoeW04 is offline  
Quote
Old 17 Feb 2023, 21:01 (Ref:4144064)   #4
Matt K
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,012
Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honestly can't see SVG going anywhere else at the moment. He won't do NASCAR or IndyCar because of lack of interest in oval racing, somehow can't see him in WEC or IMSA either as he's not the driver who could do only endurance racing. Even if World touring cars still existed he wouldn't be interested in that as, let's be honest, WTCR in recent years hasn't meant a lot and also the cars probably wouldn't be too satisfactory for him. Nah, he'll stay in Supercars for some more years and maybe then as a 'retirement program' he'll be doing some NASCAR or IndyCar races (road courses), some endurance things, maybe rallycross or rallying.
Matt K is offline  
Quote
Old 18 Feb 2023, 21:37 (Ref:4144129)   #5
JoeW04
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 554
JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Honestly can't see SVG going anywhere else at the moment. He won't do NASCAR or IndyCar because of lack of interest in oval racing, somehow can't see him in WEC or IMSA either as he's not the driver who could do only endurance racing. Even if World touring cars still existed he wouldn't be interested in that as, let's be honest, WTCR in recent years hasn't meant a lot and also the cars probably wouldn't be too satisfactory for him. Nah, he'll stay in Supercars for some more years and maybe then as a 'retirement program' he'll be doing some NASCAR or IndyCar races (road courses), some endurance things, maybe rallycross or rallying.
Could see him in some sort of GT3 programme, possibly staying with Chevrolet once their GT3 car is up and running, read an article this week that they was looking for a pool of drivers for customer teams
JoeW04 is offline  
Quote
Old 20 Feb 2023, 23:14 (Ref:4144322)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran
 
chunterer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location:
Down the end of my road
Posts: 15,715
chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
Could see him in some sort of GT3 programme, possibly staying with Chevrolet once their GT3 car is up and running, read an article this week that they was looking for a pool of drivers for customer teams
This,.i'd love to see. He would be one of their main guns.
chunterer is offline  
Quote
Old 21 Feb 2023, 00:27 (Ref:4144325)   #7
Kingair
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,227
Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SVG and the little woman, will move into full time sprintcar racing, summer in Oz and winter in the USA.
Kingair is offline  
Quote
Old 22 Feb 2023, 19:25 (Ref:4144575)   #8
one five five
Veteran
 
one five five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,269
one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
SVG and the little woman, will move into full time sprintcar racing, summer in Oz and winter in the USA.
The little woman?
one five five is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Feb 2023, 01:14 (Ref:4144834)   #9
Sandgroper
Veteran
 
Sandgroper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Posts: 2,534
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
The little woman?
Ms Dane
Sandgroper is offline  
__________________
GO Hard or GO Home
Quote
Old 14 Mar 2023, 11:15 (Ref:4147008)   #10
banksie
Racer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Australia
Victoria
Posts: 436
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Supercars race at Newcastle in 2024?
Auto Action

Be surprised if the contract isn't renewed.
banksie is offline  
__________________
banksie!!!
Quote
Old 14 Mar 2023, 23:25 (Ref:4147100)   #11
chavez
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Australia
The Basin, Victoria
Posts: 2,833
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie View Post
Will Supercars race at Newcastle in 2024?
Auto Action

Be surprised if the contract isn't renewed.
It depends on who has the loudest voice.

More often than not people speak more loudly when they are against something than for something..
chavez is offline  
__________________
"Your biggest auto race may one day become a Camaro playground", Chris Economaki, Bathurst 1979
Quote
Old 15 Mar 2023, 01:34 (Ref:4147118)   #12
Kingair
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,227
Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SVG to Mercedes F1, replacing Lewis “Piercings” Hamilton is my prediction.
Kingair is offline  
Quote
Old 29 Mar 2023, 11:40 (Ref:4149584)   #13
Mixer
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location:
Surry Hills, NSW
Posts: 6,617
Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is it fair to ask how long Nick Percat has got?

He no doubt showed promise at BJR but he seems to be 10-20 cars off Chaz.

Am I being unfair?
Mixer is offline  
Quote
Old 29 Mar 2023, 12:39 (Ref:4149598)   #14
Sandgroper
Veteran
 
Sandgroper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Posts: 2,534
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Is it fair to ask how long Nick Percat has got?

He no doubt showed promise at BJR but he seems to be 10-20 cars off Chaz.

Am I being unfair?
Agreed.

1 terrible year thus far and interesting to see where this year goes.

FABS is sitting in the outter. He aint a bad stearer
Sandgroper is offline  
__________________
GO Hard or GO Home
Quote
Old 21 Apr 2023, 03:06 (Ref:4152320)   #15
Jack65
Racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 274
Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shane van Gisbergen signs new Triple Eight contract. With the best seat now off the market, the silly season can begin.
Jack65 is offline  
Quote
Old 21 Apr 2023, 03:17 (Ref:4152321)   #16
Mixer
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location:
Surry Hills, NSW
Posts: 6,617
Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My questions would be:

1. How long Percat can last being so far behind Chaz
2. How long either or both DJR drivers will last if they don't have a significant form reversal
Mixer is offline  
Quote
Old 21 Apr 2023, 06:58 (Ref:4152334)   #17
Jack65
Racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 274
Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
My questions would be: How long Percat can last being so far behind Chaz
One would expect WAU to move on him should he not be a regular top 10 finisher by mid-season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
How long either or both DJR drivers will last if they don't have a significant form reversal
If Penske were still around you would think the pressure would be on Anton to mount a serious championship challenge. But based on the rather uninspiring decision to retain its co-drivers, you have to wonder if maybe DJR and its new ownership is more focussed on the bottom line than results.
Jack65 is offline  
Quote
Old 21 Apr 2023, 13:27 (Ref:4152364)   #18
Sandgroper
Veteran
 
Sandgroper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Posts: 2,534
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Percat has very much been a dissapointment since joining WAU.
Sandgroper is offline  
__________________
GO Hard or GO Home
Quote
Old 22 Apr 2023, 00:20 (Ref:4152428)   #19
Henry
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Posts: 1,135
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Percat has very much been a dissapointment since joining WAU.
He's an interesting case; there were always plenty of pundits within the teams who rated him as a gun, but IMHO, I haven't seen anything utterly stellar about his performances in the championship. One could say that he's not the only one who hasn't quite lived up to the hype though...
Henry is offline  
__________________
A Smith & Wesson beats four aces
Quote
Old 22 Apr 2023, 05:20 (Ref:4152436)   #20
mf51
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
New Zealand
New Zealand
Posts: 25
mf51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
He's an interesting case; there were always plenty of pundits within the teams who rated him as a gun, but IMHO, I haven't seen anything utterly stellar about his performances in the championship. One could say that he's not the only one who hasn't quite lived up to the hype though...
Keeping Fullwood would have been the better option it seems. Currently 10th in the championship in a BJR car.

Richie Stanaway may the perfect replacement and he’s not signed anywhere for 2024 yet.
mf51 is offline  
Quote
Old 23 Apr 2023, 08:23 (Ref:4152542)   #21
Henry
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Posts: 1,135
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf51 View Post
Keeping Fullwood would have been the better option it seems. Currently 10th in the championship in a BJR car.

Richie Stanaway may the perfect replacement and he’s not signed anywhere for 2024 yet.
I'll look forward to seeing how Stanaway takes to the Gen 3 car
Henry is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Apr 2023, 02:26 (Ref:4152872)   #22
Sandgroper
Veteran
 
Sandgroper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Posts: 2,534
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
I'll look forward to seeing how Stanaway takes to the Gen 3 car
agreed
Sandgroper is offline  
__________________
GO Hard or GO Home
Quote
Old 25 Apr 2023, 02:27 (Ref:4152873)   #23
Sandgroper
Veteran
 
Sandgroper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Posts: 2,534
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
He's an interesting case; there were always plenty of pundits within the teams who rated him as a gun, but IMHO, I haven't seen anything utterly stellar about his performances in the championship. One could say that he's not the only one who hasn't quite lived up to the hype though...
absolutely. Plenty of those in this series
Sandgroper is offline  
__________________
GO Hard or GO Home
Quote
Old 25 Apr 2023, 02:49 (Ref:4152874)   #24
Henry
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Posts: 1,135
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
absolutely. Plenty of those in this series
definitely, but so very few - if any - motorsport categories are purely meritocracies. I don't think anybody makes it this far without having shown some semblance of form in one category or another... but there are a fair percentage of the field whose form doesn't exactly invoke excitement and expectation...
Henry is offline  
__________________
A Smith & Wesson beats four aces
Quote
Old 28 Apr 2023, 04:04 (Ref:4153267)   #25
V8 Fireworks
Veteran
 
V8 Fireworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,936
V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
definitely, but so very few - if any - motorsport categories are purely meritocracies. I don't think anybody makes it this far without having shown some semblance of form in one category or another... but there are a fair percentage of the field whose form doesn't exactly invoke excitement and expectation...
Should teams have a closer look at hiring top GT drivers and top touring car drivers from abroad?
V8 Fireworks is offline  
Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[LM24] Le Mans 2024 - 15/16 June 2024 - Who is Going? Aysedasi 24 Heures du Mans 485 14 Apr 2024 21:58
2025 RVSC Silly Season GTRMagic Australasian Touring Cars. 38 12 Apr 2024 11:23
2019 VASC Silly Season (WITH POLL) peckstar Australasian Touring Cars. 1801 9 Jan 2020 05:08
2018 VASC Silly Season (with POLL) GTRMagic Australasian Touring Cars. 2074 19 Oct 2018 05:49
The "silly" season just isn't "silly" any more Tristan Formula One 36 31 Jul 2001 02:50


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2021 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2021-2022 Grant MacDonald. All Rights Reserved.