Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Nov 2023, 08:23 (Ref:4187732)   #101
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
I can't remember the stat, but apparently if Logan retains his seat, it will mean no driver change from end of one season to start of next for a crazy length of time. In short, it seems like there is nearly always some change to driver lineup. Then again, we had a number of mid-season changes.

Richard
Forever?
I need to go train spotting through my Autocourse’s but this might be the first time ever.
Old 29 Nov 2023, 22:53 (Ref:4187813)   #102
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Or even the new De Niro
Now that it has been confirmed that Red Bull filed a logo and trade name on Racing Bulls back in June, I'm certain I like Raging Bulls better....

I still think they should do a feature film on the teams season next year starring the drivers and the new team management. Raging Bulls can be the working title and the team name.

I'd prefer Torro Rosso and the metallic once had but if we have to commercialize the whole team lets go the whole hog and do it properly.
Daniel can be the raging bull a'la Stallone and Yuki can be the bad-tempered apprentice...
Old 30 Nov 2023, 07:16 (Ref:4187830)   #103
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Now that it has been confirmed that Red Bull filed a logo and trade name on Racing Bulls back in June, I'm certain I like Raging Bulls better....

I still think they should do a feature film on the teams season next year starring the drivers and the new team management. Raging Bulls can be the working title and the team name.

I'd prefer Torro Rosso and the metallic once had but if we have to commercialize the whole team lets go the whole hog and do it properly.
Daniel can be the raging bull a'la Stallone and Yuki can be the bad-tempered apprentice...
I’d suspect that Phil Vickery’s Raging Bull might have some sort of protection on that name.
Old 30 Nov 2023, 11:27 (Ref:4187848)   #104
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Phil Vickery may have title to "Raging Bull" but perhaps not "Raging Bulls". Not that relevant but interesting from a copyright point of view.
Old 1 Dec 2023, 17:17 (Ref:4187954)   #105
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sargeant confirmed for at Williams.
Old 1 Dec 2023, 17:53 (Ref:4187956)   #106
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Sargeant confirmed for at Williams.

While it’s good that Sargeant has another chance, it’s a massive shame there’ll be no rookies on the grid for next year atm. Just shows how wrong the teams are to try and block an 11th team
Old 1 Dec 2023, 18:08 (Ref:4187961)   #107
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
While it’s good that Sargeant has another chance, it’s a massive shame there’ll be no rookies on the grid for next year atm. Just shows how wrong the teams are to try and block an 11th team
Why on earth would you assume that an extra team would run rookie drivers?

I'm not so sure someone would invest a billion or whatever and then run inexperienced drivers. They'd have to be very stupid indeed, as well as rich.

Last edited by peebee2; 1 Dec 2023 at 18:14.
Old 1 Dec 2023, 18:18 (Ref:4187962)   #108
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Why on earth would you assume that an extra team would run rookie drivers?

I'm not so sure someone would invest a billion or whatever and then run inexperienced drivers. They'd have to be very stupid indeed, as well as rich.
It was never said that the extra team would run rookies.

But, it stands to reason that more seats on the grid means more chance of having a rookie driver.

By your argument, nobody would ever run inexperienced drivers.
Old 1 Dec 2023, 18:28 (Ref:4187963)   #109
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
No, but no rookies was bizarrely conflated with no 11th team.

Quote:
Not remotely my argument. Just not smart if a brand new team, unless owned by a driver's Dad.
Old 1 Dec 2023, 18:28 (Ref:4187964)   #110
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
rookie in this context just means their first year in F1.

Andretti have said they would be looking to bring over an American driver which presumably could include picking from a pool of experienced Indy drivers who would technically be rookies in F1 if they crossed over or perhaps even their funding even demands it?

or more generally speaking about any potential new teams...a rich guy wants to start/buy/invest in a team and wants their kid to do the driving or perhaps that rookie is themselves independently bringing a big bag of cash with them.

surely we have seen rookies driving for new teams before amongst the last crop of new teams that joined up.

anyways, there are obviously several reasons why a rookie might be asked to join a new team...dont see the need to belittle someone for suggesting that more rookies on the grid would be a nice thing.
Old 1 Dec 2023, 18:41 (Ref:4187965)   #111
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
rookie in this context just means their first year in F1.

Andretti have said they would be looking to bring over an American driver which presumably could include picking from a pool of experienced Indy drivers who would technically be rookies in F1 if they crossed over or perhaps even their funding even demands it?

or more generally speaking about any potential new teams...a rich guy wants to start/buy/invest in a team and wants their kid to do the driving or perhaps that rookie is themselves independently bringing a big bag of cash with them.

surely we have seen rookies driving for new teams before amongst the last crop of new teams that joined up.

anyways, there are obviously several reasons why a rookie might be asked to join a new team...dont see the need to belittle someone for suggesting that more rookies on the grid would be a nice thing.
I'd wager you a several $ that Andretti, if they enter a new team, won't use a rookie as race driver to start with.

The last group of new teams ran whoever paid the most. None of them are here today, and they all failed as businesses.

After that we've had Haas, who have had a much more sensible attititude to drivers, if more boring and less interesting.

I didn't belittle anyone for suggesting rookies would be nice. I simply asked how that relates to criticising existing teams for supposedly blocking new teams, because it really doesn't.
Old 1 Dec 2023, 18:42 (Ref:4187966)   #112
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So improve by a rookie and veteran, one of whom can bring more money?
Old 1 Dec 2023, 19:32 (Ref:4187970)   #113
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
And yet Red Bull ran a rookie in their debut season?
Old 1 Dec 2023, 19:47 (Ref:4187972)   #114
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
And yet Red Bull ran a rookie in their debut season?
You've asked and answered your own question there.

Yes they ran a rookie, one had won the prime feeder the year before. Initially slated to run half a season he eventually did only four races.

It's a lifetime ago, when F1 was massively simpler, though still part of the reason for a preference for experience.
Old 1 Dec 2023, 19:58 (Ref:4187973)   #115
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You've asked and answered your own question there.

Yes they ran a rookie, one had won the prime feeder the year before. Initially slated to run half a season he eventually did only four races.

It's a lifetime ago, when F1 was massively simpler, though still part of the reason for a preference for experience.
It's also quite generous to describe Red Bull in 2005 as being a debut season as it was really just a rebranding and continuation of Stewart Grand Prix.
Old 1 Dec 2023, 20:03 (Ref:4187974)   #116
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
It's also quite generous to describe Red Bull in 2005 as being a debut season as it was really just a rebranding and continuation of Stewart Grand Prix.
Yes, I forgot that. They probably issued a press release saying they were a new team though...
Old 1 Dec 2023, 22:41 (Ref:4187994)   #117
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:

But, it stands to reason that more seats on the grid means more chance of having a rookie driver.

Yes, my argument was more teams=more opportunity for drivers. To have no rookies coming into F1 at the start of next year doesn’t seem right and why having 10 teams isn’t enough
Old 5 Dec 2023, 09:57 (Ref:4188324)   #118
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am not sure that more teams will mean more rookies!

Limited testing and limited opportunity for car development plus costs coming up from crashes might lead teams to stick with established drivers that have a knowledge of these cars and knowledge of development

Also the jump from F2 to F1 is huge and will take most rookies a long time to adapt. Piastri has a done a great job but you can see how lack of mileage affected him throughout the year

Plus if you were a new team would you risk your formative years on drivers with no experience of these cars or drivers that have competed in these cars?

I think current state of f1 regs are not too rookie friendly, drivers start younger and have longer careers which means limited openings for rookies.
Old 5 Dec 2023, 10:16 (Ref:4188325)   #119
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
I am not sure that more teams will mean more rookies!
The simple maths shows that it will.

Every driver has to retire at some point in their career, and every driver has to be a rookie at some point in their career.

If there are more seats, then inevitably there will be more rookie slots over time.
Old 6 Dec 2023, 02:40 (Ref:4188403)   #120
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
What if andretti really want to make a big splash
A rookie.. American...female
.headlines world wide especially in the states.

Whoyagot??
Old 6 Dec 2023, 09:14 (Ref:4188415)   #121
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post

Whoyagot??
I'm guessing there aren't any that have the required points for a super licence so that's a non-starter.
Old 6 Dec 2023, 15:18 (Ref:4188455)   #122
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Whoyagot??
We don't have any ready for an Indy ride or even Indy Lights
Old 7 Dec 2023, 02:34 (Ref:4188510)   #123
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I'm guessing there aren't any that have the required points for a super licence so that's a non-starter.
Sill at least 12/24 months to get someone qualified. But thats why i asked who, i couldnt think of one, but im not American or watching their up and comers
Old 11 Dec 2023, 17:28 (Ref:4188856)   #124
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
1969MGCGTdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sill at least 12/24 months to get someone qualified. But thats why i asked who, i couldnt think of one, but im not American or watching their up and comers
Lia Block (daughter of the late Ken Block) is sponsored by Williams in the upcoming F1 Academy season.

Do they get super license points? I don't follow that series very closely so I don't know, and I couldn't find the answer online.
Old 2 Jan 2024, 15:30 (Ref:4190604)   #125
Guthrie
Rookie

United States
Atlanta
Guthrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The former Alfa Romeo Formula 1 outfit has formally changed its name to Stake F1 Team as of January 1, 2024.