Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jul 2020, 13:43 (Ref:3985871)   #2051
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I didn't realise he had a knees, I thought he had a knephew.
Groan!
Old 5 Jul 2020, 14:55 (Ref:3985988)   #2052
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I notice Iain's Reading beat Bob's beloved Luton 5-0 at Luton. I'm surprised Bob didn't make some comment on here after he got home from the match.
Old 5 Jul 2020, 15:11 (Ref:3985996)   #2053
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
I notice Iain's Reading beat Bob's beloved Luton 5-0 at Luton. I'm surprised Bob didn't make some comment on here after he got home from the match.
You are treading on very dangerous ground here morningungentlemanly.

Associating my name with football in anyway is tantamount to treason. The only exception is when accompanied by the phrase .."he hates...."

One of the more puerile means of wasting time that has turned vast swathes of the population into raving idiots. The perfect example of mass brainwashing, convincing the less intelligent into believing it matters. A terrible crime against humanity.

The only redeeming feature is that it will cast a deep air of gloom over the neighbourhood.:
Old 5 Jul 2020, 15:12 (Ref:3985998)   #2054
bauble
Veteran

England
Anyone at Donington next Sunday?
Old 5 Jul 2020, 16:05 (Ref:3986012)   #2055
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Depends on… Who's playing there?
Old 5 Jul 2020, 17:09 (Ref:3986021)   #2056
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Yes . What a result . We have had miserable time starting back with just 1 point from the first three matches . Having seen the goals I did not think the Luton goal keeper did you any favours Bob .
Old 5 Jul 2020, 18:53 (Ref:3986035)   #2057
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Stewarding @ Rissington for me.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 07:07 (Ref:3986127)   #2058
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I am.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 07:15 (Ref:3986130)   #2059
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Plans for next weekend are Snetterton Saturday, Brands Hatch Sunday; camera in hand.

Somewhat completes the circle as the last photos taken before the lockdown were at Snetterton.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 07:56 (Ref:3986144)   #2060
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It's the MG meeting isn't it?

Three days in sunny Dorset for me. The returning MSUK racing to Clay Pigeon Kart Club

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 6 Jul 2020, 08:36 (Ref:3986166)   #2061
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Brands Hatch for team Delta.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 08:49 (Ref:3986169)   #2062
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Yes . What a result . We have had miserable time starting back with just 1 point from the first three matches . Having seen the goals I did not think the Luton goal keeper did you any favours Bob .
Iain, he goalkeeper did ME a real favour, I love to see disappointed Luton fans.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 09:00 (Ref:3986180)   #2063
bauble
Veteran

England
Formula 1 I'm afraid, daren't venture in to the relevant section so - sorry!

While taking little interest in the 'Pinnacle of the Sport' these days, I have noticed over the past few seasons that if Lewis fails to win a race Mr Wolff is quick to take the blame, advancing some excuse, wrong tyres, a mistake in strategy, my favourite was 'We did not give the car he could win with."

So! Mr Superstar is outqualified by his team mate, is penalised for a Yellow Flag infringement and then in the race punts someone else off and is penalised again.

Now the question is; How will Toto explain this lot away?

Hamilton's fragile ego has to be massaged continually, why else would Mercedes return to an all black SS style livery?
Anything to keep Lewis happy it seems. After all his life matters.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 09:11 (Ref:3986185)   #2064
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Enjoy it, he helped make a great race yesterday. I praise him for standing up for what he believes in, it would be a lot easier to say nothing.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 09:38 (Ref:3986197)   #2065
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Formula 1 I'm afraid, daren't venture in to the relevant section so - sorry!

While taking little interest in the 'Pinnacle of the Sport' these days, I have noticed over the past few seasons that if Lewis fails to win a race Mr Wolff is quick to take the blame, advancing some excuse, wrong tyres, a mistake in strategy, my favourite was 'We did not give the car he could win with."

So! Mr Superstar is outqualified by his team mate, is penalised for a Yellow Flag infringement and then in the race punts someone else off and is penalised again.

Now the question is; How will Toto explain this lot away?

Hamilton's fragile ego has to be massaged continually, why else would Mercedes return to an all black SS style livery?
Anything to keep Lewis happy it seems. After all his life matters.

All preparation for life after racing.

Maybe he will take a lead from the Kanye fellow and become interested in politics. F1 is probably quite a good training exercise in that regard.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 09:54 (Ref:3986202)   #2066
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Carlos Reutemann managed to have successful career in politics post racing. So it can be done
Old 6 Jul 2020, 10:08 (Ref:3986205)   #2067
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Enjoy it, he helped make a great race yesterday. I praise him for standing up for what he believes in, it would be a lot easier to say nothing.
He's not standing up for anything, he is simply virtue signalling and furthermore trying to bully his fellow racers into following him. If he had any conviction he'd be opening racing academies for underprivileged kids.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 10:09 (Ref:3986206)   #2068
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Standing up for what he believes in is fine. Attempting to bludgeon everyone else into following his beliefs is not. Far better to let others make their own decisions - at least you know they are honest then.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 10:10 (Ref:3986207)   #2069
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Anything to keep Lewis happy it seems.
Whilst your SS point is somewhat extreme, given the history of Mercedes, I do find the livery "ironic". But I'm also of the opinion that we should not be judging the present on the basis of the past so fair enough.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 10:37 (Ref:3986217)   #2070
S griffin
Veteran

Exactly, the Merc today is very different from the Merc of the 30s. It’s not it’s fault it was backed by fascism. After all it wasn’t created by the Nazis, just taken over.

Let’s hope progress is made. At least is some people are trying to make a difference
Old 6 Jul 2020, 11:28 (Ref:3986226)   #2071
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Let’s hope progress is made. At least is some people are trying to make a difference
You may need to define what your idea of progress is and then see if all the other parties have the same objectives.

Meanwhile we could all look back over probably 40,000 years or so to discuss the implications of how humans have interacted and used each other and whether anything good has resulted in that period.

I would point out that the Greeks and Romans, in terms of documented history, have questions to answer. The rest of the populations around the planet seem to have been smart enough not to resort to recording much of what they did.

One could argue that the manual labour side of human worker management (and the need for it) started to change some tie around the latter art of the Industrial Revolution - in particular with the move from water power (and a little Wind, mostly in the food processing chain) - to coal and then oil.

Many would wish to argue that those moves have been detrimental to humanity and the planet as a whole but one wonders whether, in the absence of such energy sources to drive human productivity, the concept of enslaved human energy would still be prime purpose of most human lives. Some may think it is anyway and that the conditions of "workers" are in many cases not as autonomous as the word "freedom" might suggest.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 11:54 (Ref:3986229)   #2072
S griffin
Veteran

I just hope MLK’s ‘I have a dream’ will be fulfilled throughout the world. The problem is some countries are still stuck in the mid 20th Century in terms of their human rights.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 12:46 (Ref:3986236)   #2073
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Actually Grif, he was not strictly speaking standing up.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 13:03 (Ref:3986241)   #2074
bauble
Veteran

England
Peter the SS image sprang to mind as soon as I saw the new ensemble. I think it was a bad decision by Mercs to go to that extreme to mollify their star driver.

Sadly the whole tone of F1 has changed since the emergence of the poor under privileged kid from Stevenage on the scene, and driving 'racism centre stage.

Funny how Lewis and all the rest of the F1 world are more than happy to race in countries with a less than perfect human rights record. yet are willing to stand up for a petty criminal who died resisting arrest in America.

The matter of how and why he died is a separate matter.

I agree, all. This is getting too political here.

Lighter note;

Why don't elephants like penguins?

Answer; ????????
Old 6 Jul 2020, 13:12 (Ref:3986243)   #2075
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Peter the SS image sprang to mind as soon as I saw the new ensemble. I think it was a bad decision by Mercs to go to that extreme to mollify their star driver.

Sadly the whole tone of F1 has changed since the emergence of the poor under privileged kid from Stevenage on the scene, and driving 'racism centre stage.

Funny how Lewis and all the rest of the F1 world are more than happy to race in countries with a less than perfect human rights record. yet are willing to stand up for a petty criminal who died resisting arrest in America.

The matter of how and why he died is a separate matter.

I agree, all. This is getting too political here.

Lighter note;

Why don't elephants like penguins?

Answer; ????????
They cant undo the wrapping paper.
Closed Thread