Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Mar 2024, 21:47 (Ref:4199623)   #51
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I never thought he was exceptional.

Remind me where his team mate finished?
Old 2 Mar 2024, 21:59 (Ref:4199625)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Congrats to Super Max on what I believe is his 85th win.
Won't be long.....
Old 3 Mar 2024, 11:24 (Ref:4199698)   #53
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post

5th and he has won 7 WDCs, however one race doesn't make a season and there are 23 races to go.
Old 3 Mar 2024, 12:12 (Ref:4199706)   #54
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post

Also worth noting what he said in his interview after the race. He said that he learnt a lot about the car during the race. I suppose that this is because having just one and a half days testing - that's each driver - is not an awful lot of time, especially as the team need to test multiple things during that time as well.
Old 3 Mar 2024, 17:18 (Ref:4199745)   #55
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im sure the answer is easily out there but why are the races on a Saturday now?
Old 3 Mar 2024, 17:20 (Ref:4199746)   #56
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ramadan, IIRC....
Old 3 Mar 2024, 17:23 (Ref:4199749)   #57
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Ramadan, IIRC....
Correct.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/f1-2024-why-bahrain-saudi-gp-on-saturday/10573824/#:~:text=Because%20of%20the%20start%20of,a%20week%20between%20two%20races.
Old 3 Mar 2024, 18:04 (Ref:4199756)   #58
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As Ramadan starts next Sunday evening, the Saudi GP was moved to Saturday, so this weekends' race also had to be on Saturday as the rules state that there has to be a 7 day break between races.
Old 3 Mar 2024, 18:14 (Ref:4199758)   #59
PanozDP01
Rookie

PanozDP01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Two years ago I got shot down in flames when I said I thought Russel was average at best. Not great under pressure. I have seen little to change my mind since….
How about 2022

Russell puts the car in P3 and ppl still bash him for getting passed by a faster car. The race isn't the whole season but i guess one corner is. That's funny. While beating hamilton on Saturday and Sunday

Last edited by PanozDP01; 3 Mar 2024 at 18:35.
Old 3 Mar 2024, 19:11 (Ref:4199760)   #60
PanozDP01
Rookie

PanozDP01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
5th and he has won 7 WDCs, however one race doesn't make a season and there are 23 races to go.
Hamilton finished 7th
Old 3 Mar 2024, 20:12 (Ref:4199768)   #61
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Although it was a bit academic, I felt that if Yuki had followed the team order and swapped immediately, Ricciardo would have had more of a chance of passing Magnusson - he was pushing hard at one point very close to KMag, but of course did lose time pulling to let the lapping Verstappen pass......

Overall not an exceptional race. At one point I was very glad I wasn't Fred Vasseur as contact seemed almost inevitable
Old 3 Mar 2024, 20:33 (Ref:4199772)   #62
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanozDP01 View Post
Hamilton finished 7th

So he did, it was Russell who finished 5th.
Old 4 Mar 2024, 16:16 (Ref:4199922)   #63
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This had the feel of a mid-season race which doesn't bode well for the competition at the front for the rest of the season. Usually we get 2-3 races at the beginning of a season to question who made progress but I feel like this race showed where everyone is at for the season. We'll see!
Old 5 Mar 2024, 15:50 (Ref:4200090)   #64
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
The more I think about the race, the more disheartened I have been. I am struggling to think of a season in F1 ever (or since the early 80s when I first started to take notice of F1) where the WDC AND the WCC have been less predictable after the opening round.

I guess the Horner situation could lead to a massive split between the team and Max's dad, resulting in on-track repercussions for their no.1 driver. However, Max himself seems to be handing the whole saga quite sensibly and with a straight bat - fair play to him. But really I want that whole silly soap opera to go away so that the dull and predictable racing can continue unsullied by anything of actual interest like a love affair, or a finger pic - perhaps I am a true F1 fan??
Old 5 Mar 2024, 18:46 (Ref:4200125)   #65
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Agreed the season is not looking like a great one TBH but if the war inside RBR continues we might see them start to fad a little.