Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Sep 2020, 18:51 (Ref:4006944)   #151
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well some good racing as always, looking forward to the next round and still hoping to be at brands in November
Old 27 Sep 2020, 19:04 (Ref:4006950)   #152
slummingangel
Racer

Ireland
slummingangel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race 3 result has been amended.
http://www.btcc.net/2020/09/27/amended-result/
Old 27 Sep 2020, 19:13 (Ref:4006952)   #153
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slummingangel View Post
Race 3 result has been amended.
http://www.btcc.net/2020/09/27/amended-result/
Ludicrous, stewarding is killing racing globally. That was fantastic committed racing inches apart. I take it this was copse corner in which case virtually the whole grid should have a penalty.

Everyone wants to see motorsport safely and fairly regulated. But IMO it is over regulated .

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 27 Sep 2020, 19:17 (Ref:4006953)   #154
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I sincerely hope that poor marshal and Rory Butcher escaped with nothing more than bruises and shock.

Really pleased that Ollie has his first victory and that it was done stylishly - two good starts and a lot of pressure soaked up. Been watching him steadily improve year on year, glad he's stayed the course and got his reward. Hopefully the first of many to come.

Matt Neal was solid and impressed me again. Aidan Moffat looks to be comfortable in the Infiniti now. Adam Morgan seems to be rejuvenated the last few meetings. I'm now of the opinion that we're not going to see anything from the CC's - given TOC couldn't get anywhere near the points and the missing elastic band from Nic's car seems to have been replaced with Goffys then maybe team HARD should have stayed at home. Only Boardley upheld honour.

In my mind following Butchers and Tingrams disastrous days this is a three horse battle: Turks, Dan Camm and Ash Sutton.

I was utterly disgusted that Neate was allowed to participate, and having seen todays deliberate driving into Jade Edwards on two seperate occasions I demand his scalp. The twisted sick ****er should never again be allowed to darken a race track - if that were me he'd attacked twice I would happily serve my time in the Scrubs for ending his life with my bare hands.
Gow needs to step in and tell Barty we've seen enough, a race weekend ban should be enough to discourage him.

Old 27 Sep 2020, 19:18 (Ref:4006954)   #155
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR18 View Post
It's time we get rid of the success ballast. In my opinion it's not acceptable to penalise somebody who does better than the rest of the field. I found the Turkington-Sutton situation from R3 laughable when Sutton beeing waved by by almost everyone once again and Turkington struggling because of his win in R2. Something needs to change ...
Then Ash probably would've won half the races so far. However I see your point, that much of a pace difference does detract from the 'racing' side of things.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 19:28 (Ref:4006955)   #156
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
with amended results Sutton loses 2 points so and AFAIK that is a strike too ??

Sutton 237
Turks 233
Cammish 220
Tingram 195
Butcher 192
Old 27 Sep 2020, 19:32 (Ref:4006957)   #157
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I didnt see much wrong with Sutton's driving today, so I'm not understanding what that was about.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 19:37 (Ref:4006960)   #158
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Ludicrous, stewarding is killing racing globally. That was fantastic committed racing inches apart. I take it this was copse corner in which case virtually the whole grid should have a penalty.

Everyone wants to see motorsport safely and fairly regulated. But IMO it is over regulated .

BTCC is not overregulated but it's inconsistently regulated. There are contacts/accidents about which there's no word from stewards and sometimes it's like today. I don't even know where Sutton did that.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 19:41 (Ref:4006962)   #159
MrsDoubtfire
Rookie

MrsDoubtfire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I didnt see much wrong with Sutton's driving today, so I'm not understanding what that was about.
He overtook Oliphant by running outside track limits at Copse and keeping his foot in. Had he stayed within track limits he could not have carried that speed through the corner and made the overtake.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 19:43 (Ref:4006964)   #160
slummingangel
Racer

Ireland
slummingangel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My guess is that Sutton passed Oliphant at Copse and did so by going 'off track' to do so, but I could be entirely wrong.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 20:00 (Ref:4006969)   #161
spoton
Rookie

spoton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDoubtfire View Post
He overtook Oliphant by running outside track limits at Copse and keeping his foot in. Had he stayed within track limits he could not have carried that speed through the corner and made the overtake.
That happened on numerous occasions throughout the day and went totally unpunished. They seem to pick and choose who to punish and when.....
Old 27 Sep 2020, 20:48 (Ref:4006990)   #162
porsche962fan
Veteran

a dig at boost ?

Turks twitter

Quote:
I was getting murdered on the straights, we couldn’t do anything to contend with that. Glad to get a few points out of it but it was horrible out there. The car was handling well, we did a good job, but to watch you don’t see that
Old 27 Sep 2020, 20:55 (Ref:4006992)   #163
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
At the end of the day its not really reflected badly on the team as such,
Recent comments on Motorbase's FB page, including many from their own supporters, suggest it may start to be so...
Old 27 Sep 2020, 20:58 (Ref:4006994)   #164
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'm not saying Edwards is or isn't good enough for BTCC, but given she had no testing and was thrown into the car - if we're using Silverstone to determine who and who shouldn't be on the grid, then we need to lose a whole chunk of cars from the rear. If we say "struggled to break the top 20" and there are 27 cars, well that doesn't look good for those qualifying back there on a weekly basis does it?

She's either good enough to hang about at the back right now, or none of the backmarkers are good enough.
this. she had no testing, no nothing. and she’s barely been in a racing car for months.

i can’t be arsed to break down for people how women are expected to be as good as the best men in the sport at their jobs immediately or they’re deemed not good enough. she had the measure of a couple of the lads running round at the back, running without a teammate to share data with.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 21:37 (Ref:4007007)   #165
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have it from two friends on that post today that the flag marshal was checked over in the med centre and released without a problem.

Nasty crash though.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 21:41 (Ref:4007010)   #166
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
this. she had no testing, no nothing. and she’s barely been in a racing car for months.

i can’t be arsed to break down for people how women are expected to be as good as the best men in the sport at their jobs immediately or they’re deemed not good enough. she had the measure of a couple of the lads running round at the back, running without a teammate to share data with.
in Rob Austin was in that Astra again he would have likely be around the top 10 no doubts about that
Old 27 Sep 2020, 21:42 (Ref:4007011)   #167
porsche962fan
Veteran

btw since it's a women thing was Jade Edwars so far worse or better than Fiona Leggate ?
Old 27 Sep 2020, 21:52 (Ref:4007019)   #168
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
in Rob Austin was in that Astra again he would have likely be around the top 10 no doubts about that
I love when people make up fictional scenarios to downplay others.

I agree with bella completely.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 21:55 (Ref:4007020)   #169
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
I don't think anyone was expecting her to be on par with the best (male) drivers in the series, or even judging her against that comparison. Lets leave aside the male/female arguments and judge her as a driver.

Results in Clio Cup? - average at best
Results over the weekend? - m'eh
Lives up to the ITV and BTCC social media team hype? - no
Old 27 Sep 2020, 21:56 (Ref:4007021)   #170
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Gow needs to step in and tell Barty we've seen enough, a race weekend ban should be enough to discourage him.

That's a much better idea than Alfisti straight up murdering the guy
Old 27 Sep 2020, 21:56 (Ref:4007022)   #171
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
btw since it's a women thing was Jade Edwars so far worse or better than Fiona Leggate ?
How does Nic Hamilton compare to, oh, I dunno, Dave Pinkney? Or Mark Fullalove? Or any number of other drivers from previous eras?

Ah, that doesn't happen, does it? Nic is compared to his peers, and that's it.

Right.

That horse you're riding is getting lame.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 22:02 (Ref:4007024)   #172
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
How does Nic Hamilton compare to, oh, I dunno, Dave Pinkney? Or Mark Fullalove? Or any number of other drivers from previous eras?

Right.

if Jade Edwards was a guy , "he" would all be forgotten by now judging by today's performances and nobody would really talk about "him"

Right

if you all remember Fiona Leggate drove initally an Astra Coupe which was outdated by that point and just at the back, until a certain Paul ONEIL took it over for a few rounds in 2006 and he was in podium range with it !!

Last edited by porsche962fan; 27 Sep 2020 at 22:10.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 22:28 (Ref:4007030)   #173
Mike_Powell
Rookie

Mike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post

Right.

We were discussing Nic Hamilton at Thruxton and the consensus of opinion with my fellow marshals was that we doubt that the majority of the drivers in the BTCC could, IN NIC'S CAR, set many better times.

Nic's car, with it's hand controls offers a much different drive to any other touring car. Nic doesn't have the ability to feel the car through his feet, or to easily feather the brakes or throttle. Rather than continually moan about him, he should be given a lot more respect - he's earned the right to be out there and given the circumstances, does a fricking good job.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 22:31 (Ref:4007031)   #174
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Right

if you all remember Fiona Leggate drove initally an Astra Coupe which was outdated by that point and just at the back, until a certain Paul ONEIL took it over for a few rounds in 2006 and he was in podium range with it !!
At least be accurate with your claims.

Fiona Leggate got a 5th place in the Astra in 2005. Three 10th place finishes in the first half of 2006.

Paul's best finish in the car in 2006 was an 8th place, so only marginally better.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 22:32 (Ref:4007032)   #175
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Powell View Post
We were discussing Nic Hamilton at Thruxton and the consensus of opinion with my fellow marshals was that we doubt that the majority of the drivers in the BTCC could, IN NIC'S CAR, set many better times.

Nic's car, with it's hand controls offers a much different drive to any other touring car. Nic doesn't have the ability to feel the car through his feet, or to easily feather the brakes or throttle. Rather than continually moan about him, he should be given a lot more respect - he's earned the right to be out there and given the circumstances, does a fricking good job.

Alex Zanardi WON WTCC races with hand controls.