Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Sep 2020, 16:47 (Ref:4006880)   #126
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
does Motorbase have spare shell ?
It should be repairable, looks like similar damage to Cook at Knockhill. Not a quick job though, and might be heard pressed to get it out for Croft. One option could be to run one of the older RSs that Neate used at the Media Day / pre-season testing, or better still, give Neate the RS and let Butcher use the ST.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 16:50 (Ref:4006881)   #127
Crazyknight
Rookie

Crazyknight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or just get rid of neate after that performance and five butcher his car if they can’t turn it around in time
Old 27 Sep 2020, 16:50 (Ref:4006882)   #128
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neate has become the new Simpson, the most dangerous driver to be around with
Old 27 Sep 2020, 16:55 (Ref:4006886)   #129
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
It should be repairable, looks like similar damage to Cook at Knockhill. Not a quick job though, and might be heard pressed to get it out for Croft. One option could be to run one of the older RSs that Neate used at the Media Day / pre-season testing, or better still, give Neate the RS and let Butcher use the ST.
Fortunately they have a fortnight to get the job done between rounds and not one week like the rounds in August.

Worst case scenario they build a new car in that time. It would be a sensible provision for them to have had a shell on standby given the compressed schedule this year. A number of teams have but I'm not sure if Motorbase are among them.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 16:57 (Ref:4006887)   #130
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neate's such a **** he's managed to be trending on Twitter in the UK. The first BTCC driver I've ever seen do so.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 17:10 (Ref:4006896)   #131
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mental race. Really good fun. Still need gravel on the outside of Copse.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 17:11 (Ref:4006898)   #132
swooshiain
Racer

Scotland
swooshiain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great drive under pressure from Jackson - but what a race (second half) all round. Classic BTCC.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 17:13 (Ref:4006899)   #133
porsche962fan
Veteran

Oliphant is underwhelming , imagine if it was Jordan in that car
Old 27 Sep 2020, 17:14 (Ref:4006902)   #134
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very glad they restarted that after that horrible crash. One of the best races for a long long time. Ollie Jackson has really come on as a driver since his days as a crash magnet in the midfield, a fully earned win. Sutton on another planet, but Cammish did well. Glad Turkington couldn't capitalise on the madness, makes for a more fun season.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 17:15 (Ref:4006904)   #135
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Sutton had got past Oliphant a lap earlier he’d have won that comfortably. Only reason he didn’t get past sooner was he was fighting two rolling road blocks right together with no gap instead of one. Shame for him as he’s on a totally different level.

Good race at the end though.

Just a shame the BTCC is so anti-RWD it’s getting embarrassing.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 17:18 (Ref:4006905)   #136
porsche962fan
Veteran

Sutton 239
Turks 233
Cammish 220
Tingram 195
Butcher 192

at least Turks will go with lower weight
Old 27 Sep 2020, 17:18 (Ref:4006907)   #137
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done to Jackson. I've never rated him but he legitimately drove well there and won the race fair & square. Here I was thinking his performance at Brands was a one-off.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 17:51 (Ref:4006914)   #138
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I’m not sure BTCC really is anti RWD, just teams moan all the time when they aren’t winning, hardly surprising, they need to pay the bills
Old 27 Sep 2020, 17:57 (Ref:4006915)   #139
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hopefully now people will stop all the 'Jade Edwards should be in the BTCC' comments, because she clearly isn't at that level at that moment...

Looking forward to see who gets the call up at Croft.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 18:13 (Ref:4006921)   #140
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Hopefully now people will stop all the 'Jade Edwards should be in the BTCC' comments, because she clearly isn't at that level at that moment...

Looking forward to see who gets the call up at Croft.
Not at that level? Bit difficult when she's had an absolute fruit loop that shouldn't have a race licence (Andy Neate) taking her off all day or just driving into her.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 18:19 (Ref:4006923)   #141
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race 3 was astonishing, BTCC at its best. First of all good that Butcher is okay, that crash looked nasty. I hope Motorbase will be able to rebuild the car.
Sutton was just amazing and incredibly he's leading the championship again. Quite a shame Oliphant wasn't able to get past Jackson, I'd rather see him on the top step of the podium but Jackson - to my surprise - drove very, very well and deserved that. He has got better, that's without a doubt. The win won't be repeated quickly I think but this one is well deserved.

When it comes to Jade she hasn't fared terribly but she hasn't set a world on fire.

And is it a coincidence that wherever Andy Neate is, the troubles' there too? Hopefully he won't be in the BTCC next year, it's not his level and never will be.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 18:20 (Ref:4006924)   #142
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Not at that level? Bit difficult when she's had an absolute fruit loop that shouldn't have a race licence (Andy Neate) taking her off all day or just driving into her.
Not defending Neate, I think he needs to go (and don't forget Edwards punted him off in R2) but even without his contact she would've struggled to break the top 20, including retirements behind.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 18:20 (Ref:4006925)   #143
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Clearly you haven't checked any of the BTCC groups on FB !
Old 27 Sep 2020, 18:24 (Ref:4006927)   #144
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not saying Edwards is or isn't good enough for BTCC, but given she had no testing and was thrown into the car - if we're using Silverstone to determine who and who shouldn't be on the grid, then we need to lose a whole chunk of cars from the rear. If we say "struggled to break the top 20" and there are 27 cars, well that doesn't look good for those qualifying back there on a weekly basis does it?

She's either good enough to hang about at the back right now, or none of the backmarkers are good enough.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 18:32 (Ref:4006931)   #145
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
First impact with Neate and Edwards wasn't a big issue. That's just your usual side by side contact stuff. Trying to force someone off the road on the exit is just stupid though.
I didn't see a great deal different between Morgan and Chilton at the same corner.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 18:32 (Ref:4006932)   #146
Mogster
Rookie

Mogster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not defending Neate, I think he needs to go (and don't forget Edwards punted him off in R2) but even without his contact she would've struggled to break the top 20, including retirements behind.
R2 it seemed Neate was trying to force her off track and she turned him round, I found it quite amusing actually... R3 she seemed to be at the front of that rear group behind Goff then had mechanical trouble, or damage she pitted by what was on screen.

It appears she wouldn’t be battling at the sharp end but she didn’t seem horribly off pace either. No worse than Neate, Butel, Nic Hamilton or the others that hang around +P20 every event.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 18:35 (Ref:4006933)   #147
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
She's either good enough to hang about at the back right now, or none of the backmarkers are good enough.
She qualified last though (bar Gornall.) Hamilton isn't quick enough either. Neate's dangerous. Butel was disappointing but seems to be improving a little bit.

My point is, why is it that she is made out to be an amazing driver, when a male with the same results as her (today, and in Clios etc) would be laughed at? Obviously, if a woman can race competitively in the BTCC then that's brilliant and I hope it happens! Edwards is not that woman, yet, and it's unfair that some male drivers who are quick enough may be overlooked in favour of her.

In summary, she's not ready for the BTCC at the moment and I won't rant anymore about it, sorry!
Old 27 Sep 2020, 18:37 (Ref:4006936)   #148
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Clearly you haven't checked any of the BTCC groups on FB !
Probably for the best!!
Old 27 Sep 2020, 18:48 (Ref:4006941)   #149
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I sincerely hope that poor marshal and Rory Butcher escaped with nothing more than bruises and shock.

Really pleased that Ollie has his first victory and that it was done stylishly - two good starts and a lot of pressure soaked up. Been watching him steadily improve year on year, glad he's stayed the course and got his reward. Hopefully the first of many to come.

Matt Neal was solid and impressed me again. Aidan Moffat looks to be comfortable in the Infiniti now. Adam Morgan seems to be rejuvenated the last few meetings. I'm now of the opinion that we're not going to see anything from the CC's - given TOC couldn't get anywhere near the points and the missing elastic band from Nic's car seems to have been replaced with Goffys then maybe team HARD should have stayed at home. Only Boardley upheld honour.

In my mind following Butchers and Tingrams disastrous days this is a three horse battle: Turks, Dan Camm and Ash Sutton.

I was utterly disgusted that Neate was allowed to participate, and having seen todays deliberate driving into Jade Edwards on two seperate occasions I demand his scalp. The twisted sick ****er should never again be allowed to darken a race track - if that were me he'd attacked twice I would happily serve my time in the Scrubs for ending his life with my bare hands.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 18:50 (Ref:4006943)   #150
SR18
Rookie

SR18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's time we get rid of the success ballast. In my opinion it's not acceptable to penalise somebody who does better than the rest of the field. I found the Turkington-Sutton situation from R3 laughable when Sutton beeing waved by by almost everyone once again and Turkington struggling because of his win in R2. Something needs to change ...