LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftycobra View Post
Thank you very much LuiggiSpeed.
I am thinking about "limiting" the kart to 30 miles/h (50 km/h) so they are
fast enough to enjoy the track while being safe for everybody (mums, children, dads and elders !!!!)
That be pretty cool, I ride a lot of rental karting when were tired of the bikes and the ones we rent have those 4 stroke engines, I don't thinl they need any limiting they won't go past 30 or 35 on a good day with a tail wind!!

But that is a very good small business proposal, they charge a buck a lap around here, 10$ for a 10 lap race/ride and they never stop until parts fall of the poor little karts!!!
Old 28 Oct 2010, 07:20 (Ref:2781494)   #27
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I guess in your case the best you can do is come back every time you got an actual site with actual dimensions and so we can drop designs for those particular sites. I think that would be the most sensible way to do it.

All the luck with the business.

bio
Old 29 Oct 2010, 03:13 (Ref:2781892)   #28
leftycobra
Rookie

leftycobra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio View Post
Well, I guess in your case the best you can do is come back every time you got an actual site with actual dimensions and so we can drop designs for those particular sites. I think that would be the most sensible way to do it.

All the luck with the business.

bio
Thank You
Old 16 Nov 2010, 20:41 (Ref:2791809)   #29
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lets keep this one for leftycobra

Croziers post and response have been moved to It's own thread

Al
SBF
Mod.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 16 Nov 2010 at 21:42.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 18:16 (Ref:3128334)   #30
calvinengmc
Rookie

calvinengmc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go Kart Track design

Hi, My name is Calvin and I am living in Borneo. I have been task to design and build a go kart/pocketbike track for the youth in our town. First off, I have limited knowledge on track design. I do have a few criteria's that are important that needs to be incorporated into the design. Which are,

1) Land size for the track is approx 250' x 500'
2) Track should be able to change configurations, at least to 3 or 4 setups that can run clockwise and anti-clockwise
3) The pit-stop needs to be align to the 250' stretch as that is where the road access is
4) As there will be night races, there need to be indication points as to where spotlights towers are to be place

We will also be experimenting on using Soil Stabilizer (Liquid Polymer) as it's track surface instead of asphalt. It's purpose is to be cost effective and environmentally friendly. I know I am asking a tremendous amount of help here but I am limited with my options. What I can do is that if we are to build your design and it's approved by our local Motorsports authority, I will create a plague and place it on our wall acknowledging you as the designer of this track. That's worth some bragging rights at least. Do let me know your thoughts. Thanks,

Email Address removed
Please contact through PM

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 1 Sep 2012 at 19:58.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 16:28 (Ref:3144204)   #31
GDebono
Rookie

GDebono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HELP ON NEW TRACK

Dear All,

I just took over a piece of land measuring circa 7000 Square meters in Tripoli Libya to start the first Go KART Track in Tripoli Libya. I have no clue and no idea on what is one to do and what is the best layout for a track which must have speed and safety. I am also considering a tunnel to increase the adrenalin (if it makes sense). One factor which is against the such sport is the heath. I ve been there last week and it was frying hot. The Land has quite a strange shape and not the common squarish shape. I need to past a drawing for one to get an idea. Can any one suggest anything or give me ideas tips and maybe a hand on the layout. I am planning to use chinese 9 hp LIFAN engined horsepowere rental go karts. Basically i think i will need to buy a new set every month with the ammount of breakages.

Your help will be greatly apprecieated

Thanks
Gordon
Old 30 Sep 2012, 16:40 (Ref:3144212)   #32
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinengmc View Post
Hi, My name is Calvin and I am living in Borneo. I have been task to design and build a go kart/pocketbike track for the youth in our town. First off, I have limited knowledge on track design. I do have a few criteria's that are important that needs to be incorporated into the design. Which are,

1) Land size for the track is approx 250' x 500'
2) Track should be able to change configurations, at least to 3 or 4 setups that can run clockwise and anti-clockwise
3) The pit-stop needs to be align to the 250' stretch as that is where the road access is
4) As there will be night races, there need to be indication points as to where spotlights towers are to be place

We will also be experimenting on using Soil Stabilizer (Liquid Polymer) as it's track surface instead of asphalt. It's purpose is to be cost effective and environmentally friendly. I know I am asking a tremendous amount of help here but I am limited with my options. What I can do is that if we are to build your design and it's approved by our local Motorsports authority, I will create a plague and place it on our wall acknowledging you as the designer of this track. That's worth some bragging rights at least. Do let me know your thoughts. Thanks,

Email Address removed
Please contact through PM
Borneo is an interesting place to have racing. I will have a go on it soon.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 11:28 (Ref:3144566)   #33
GDebono
Rookie

RE TRACK IN libya

Appologies for my double post and no i am not fantisising about the track in LIBYA. I drew a sketch of the land as is maybe will give more guidance. I havent seen an other request for track in LIBYA is there one? I am aware that there might be a small one in BENGHAZI but not in Tripoli. Anyways I am not from LIBYA myself I am from Malta thats just 45 Minutes away by plane. I hope i manged to attach the attachment right
Attached Thumbnails
LandLibya.jpg  
Old 1 Oct 2012, 12:35 (Ref:3144599)   #34
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is this area the total size of the land, or is this just the track area?

If it's the total area, then you aren't going to get much of a circuit in there, as roughly speaking, the track width would probably be around 7 metres, the minimum radius of a hairpin would be something around 2m so parallel straights would take up 25/26 metres between barriers probably more.

If there is a clubhouse, paddock, viewing area spectator car park etc to go along with it then then I'd suggest the area is too small.

Just to show that I'm not pulling numbers out of thin air, here is an outdoor centre not too far from where I live.
The Building which houses an indoor track and café area is itself 70m x 35
The Western Boundary of the track area can be seen as 193m
The track boundary on the s/f grid is 90m
The Eastern Boundary of their land is 290m in total

This type of circuit may not be what you had in mind, but it should give you an idea of what you could fit into your area.
Attached Thumbnails
raceland 1.jpg   Raceland 2.jpg   raceland 3.jpg  

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 1 Oct 2012 at 12:49.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 20:13 (Ref:3144794)   #35
GDebono
Rookie

Libya Track

Thanks for the reply. I am totally lost now to be honest. I thought having a 7000 square meter (circa) would do for a good track. I dont intent to do parking in the track but I was planning around 500 square meters (on two floors) to be split for a cafetria - ticketing booth - and top floor with a 50 meter by 10 hanging balcony for viewers and a snooker and billliards hall on the top floor. Also i have to do a garage for the storage and servicing of these karts. I was also thinking to do an elivated pit area to reduce speed on stopping and a good kick start down. I was thinking also to do the track 5 meters wide and possibly use a tunnel or a bridge on the whole length size of the track to give a 150 meters circa straight line. What i lack is the area for safety required between tracks and safety areas. I am hoping to accomodate 20 racing karts on this track at one go. In Tripoli there is 2 million people and most of the men especially the youngsters love speed. We have one small track in Malta which i dont think is half of the size of this land and has been running comercially for the last ten years at least. i have to work with the land i have so on that i have to build the best possibe track that can offer speed adrenalin and fun for the first time in tripoli.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 23:34 (Ref:3144910)   #36
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
When designing to a space, you have to do some rather obvious maths

Total area available (less any buildings car parks paddocks etc. divided by Track width plus approx half a width either side between barriers gives you an idea of length of circuit available to you.

In this case 7000 less you building 250, divided by 2.5 +5+2.5 = a track 675m long
That assumes that every metre is usable, which it isn't as barriers tent to arc around corners leaving the odd 10 square metre areas at the 90 degree property boundaries.

Before you know it your looking at a total circuit length of 600m or less.

You suggested a tunnel or a bridge, the landscaping for that would also eat into your area as circuit would have to keep safe distance from the landscaping or structural works.

Sorry but I'm afraid that it just doesn't look good for your site. It just doesn't appear big enough for your ideas.
Old 2 Oct 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3145127)   #37
GDebono
Rookie

RE Go Kart in LIBYA

This is an idea of a track i got locally. The track itself is 5 meters wide. Where there is to two straights one against each other we are thinking of putting a concrete barrier as seperator. The track will have an under pass. There is also two viewing areas for some events. This track is in no way built on a professional level but as a fun track. Still awaiting the center line of the track

Apprecieate any comments.

Gordon
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LIBYATRACK Model (1).pdf (107.3 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by GDebono; 2 Oct 2012 at 11:02.