Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Jun 2000, 11:36 (Ref:17948)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
3 rounds of 5 down, and me mate WW isnt winning after having some shocking luck at all 3 rounds so far...oh well...

So what do we think of them? Does it live up to the Avesco hype and set for a big future, or is it amature hour in V8s?

Konica V8 Lites Series (v8 Supercars)
Round Three, Oran Park Raceway

Sunday, June 18.

Canto Reclaims Konica V8 Lites Series Lead

Dean Canto reclaimed the lead in the Konica V8 Lites Series at Oran Park today after three dominant races from the EL Falcon driver in front of 3,500 spectators.

"It s great to get back into the lead of the championship," said Canto. "I m just happy to win again."

Canto now leads the Konica series by 26 points from Matthew White, who claimed second despite not finishing the final race.

Queenslander Craig Harris, who qualified on pole position, took third after an exciting battle with Canto in race two.

White won the reversed-grid race two by a whisker after a race long battle with 1998 Bathurst Privateer winner Mal Rose. The pair crossed the line door-to-door with White winning by a mere 0.01sec.

"My tyre was actually delaminated on the last two laps and I could hardly keep the thing (car) on the track so I came home for a very tight finish," said White.

Previous Konica V8 Lites Series leader Ryan McLeod had an uphill battle all day after a shunt in qualifying severely damaged the Kmart Commodore and forced him to start from the rear of grid.

Despite some valiant charges through the field McLeod was unable re-join the front-runners on race day but managed 14 points from the round.

McLeod will be looking to regain lost points when the Konica V8 Lites Series heads to Queensland s Lakeside on August 5-6.

Konica V8 Lites Series points:

Dean Canto (#45) EL Falcon - 142 points

Matthew White (#76) VS Commodore - 116pts

Ryan McLeod (#96) VS Commodore - 114 points

Wayne Wakefield (#97) VS Commodore - 88pts

Craig Harris (#30) EL Falcon - 53pts

Garry Holt (#20) EL Falcon - 52pts

Old 21 Jun 2000, 23:16 (Ref:18608)   #2
Troy
Racer

Troy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really thought Wakefield would be winning, but that's the way it goes sometimes. At least a FORD is winning something!I don't reckon the Lites have a big future if the SCS is limited to just 32 cars. The best Lites teams should be allowed the chance to move up to the SCS. Also, the crowds haven't been that great at the first few mettings and the Network 10 TV coverage needs a bit of improvement.

At least the Lites put on some better racing then the SCS (FORD is desperately missing Bright). Anyway, I will be going to the Lites round at Lakeside.
Old 22 Jun 2000, 04:49 (Ref:18673)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to agree with everything there. Shame about WW, but a few mechanical woes, and some under powered engines are a bit of a drama....

Lakeside is going to go off. It will probably have the biggest attendance of any lites round (the other 3 rounds have been around the 3500 mark, which is pitiful). They get that many people to a club meet, add in WW and a few of the locals like Harris, plus the fact that people are still peaved with Queensland Racway....