Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Feb 2004, 08:08 (Ref:888025)   #1
smiddy972
Rookie

smiddy972 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geuss who is testing Monday?

A friend of mine just called and said that Fabian Coulthard is in Adelaide today. He was spotted in a hire car this evening. I am pretty sure that Team Dynamyk are testing on Monday. I wonder if he is being fitted up?.... Any thoughts?
Old 28 Feb 2004, 08:31 (Ref:888032)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fitted up for what?

Its not the Dynamik seat...
Old 28 Feb 2004, 09:35 (Ref:888059)   #3
Peter Walsh
Racer

Peter Walsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didnt he pull the Porsche gig with GMR?
Old 28 Feb 2004, 09:46 (Ref:888066)   #4
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"Dear Cousin David,

Could you please share with me part of your West McLaren salary so that I can....."
Old 28 Feb 2004, 10:13 (Ref:888095)   #5
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems like a few newly signed Porsche drivers are mentioned for this seat.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 10:16 (Ref:888098)   #6
Peter Walsh
Racer

Peter Walsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Left field but is there a connection between JR going to Tasman and a possible GMR driver going to Adelaide.Total speculation so please dont shoot
Old 28 Feb 2004, 11:13 (Ref:888132)   #7
pete55
Veteran

Seems both Garry Rogers drivers from last year have been mentioned as possibles for this seat. But so too have half a dozen others.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 11:51 (Ref:888154)   #8
105octane
Veteran

105octane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too have heard Fabian Coulthard is testing for Team Dynamic on Monday maybe GMR have put him on loan, because im sure he had the Porsche gig. Maybe Leahey has got a budget for GMR the plot thickens only a week out from the AGP.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 11:53 (Ref:888155)   #9
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dynamic will be a one car operation at the GP. You can all kick me if I am wrong.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 11:57 (Ref:888157)   #10
pete55
Veteran

If that's the case, i would say no decision has been made yet.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 12:06 (Ref:888162)   #11
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dynamik have a AUS$150,000 fine to pay then if they only front with one car. They MUST attend all events, including SPECIAL EVENTS or pay the NON-APPEARANCE FINE.

Amazing really....The GMR thing would have been obvious. Maybe the GMR GT3 transporter won't fit 4 cars.

Maybe there is a 3 way deal with GMR, Tasman, and Dynamik....? If Jason was released to Tasman a year early, maybe GMR supply a driver for Dynamik and their 2004 Holden money to replace the shortfall in performance money that it seems Dynamik may have lost.

There could actually be more to this, but let's just see what happens. My opinion is reserved.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 12:15 (Ref:888167)   #12
105octane
Veteran

105octane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would also keep it an all Kiwi attack again if Coulthard is released to Dynamic.But i think FC would be better off sticking with the Porsches and learning the circuits this year.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 21:02 (Ref:888501)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Also a Believer
Dynamic will be a one car operation at the GP. You can all kick me if I am wrong.
I wont kick you, you might kick me back It wont be a 1 car team, there is no need with 4 cars in the workshop and a queue of drivers stretching from Adelaide to Mallala trying to get the seat....
Old 28 Feb 2004, 21:54 (Ref:888541)   #14
Also a Believer
Veteran

Whilst that is true there may be other issues within the team as hinted in another string, I think that even if they show up there is no gaurentee that they will run, could have a starter motor failure or something.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 21:56 (Ref:888543)   #15
pete55
Veteran

The old 'Dude' trick.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 21:58 (Ref:888547)   #16
Also a Believer
Veteran

No trick the Dude really had problems.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 22:00 (Ref:888550)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The 'Dude's car was always fine.. it was the Bapster who had the odd and incurable technical issues....
Old 28 Feb 2004, 22:26 (Ref:888577)   #18
Just Do It!
Veteran

"other problems"? Now there is an interesting description if ever there was.

Surely the new sponsor(s) would want to run at the MGP meeting - the exposure is huge!
Old 28 Feb 2004, 22:35 (Ref:888590)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
A rookie with no experience in the cars would be a waste of space at the AGP, there simply isnt enough time to get acclimatised to the veeehickle in a manner where the pace is fast and consistent, and not breaking things....

Which more likely points you down the path of experienced drivers with a number of seasons in the category....
Old 28 Feb 2004, 22:42 (Ref:888601)   #20
Just Do It!
Veteran

True, GTR, true.

But they have to field 2 cars or cop a big fine!

What are these "other problems"?
Old 28 Feb 2004, 22:56 (Ref:888615)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Dynamik hasnt as yet announced their 2004 sponsor package, but it doesnt seem to be linked to any driver, as the sponsors are apparently secured, while the driver remains publicly unknown at this stage.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 23:39 (Ref:888652)   #22
Placebo
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Placebo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It doesn't surprise me that we still don't know (or have any real idea) who has the drive at TD.
What surprises me is that at this late stage we still have such a long list of possibles. Surely someone knows if some of these drivers are definitely not (or no longer) in the mix given that the deadline must be close.
(ie. Has no-one on the planet spoken to any of these people recently and been told they're out - surely TD are not keeping a long list of drivers hanging out for a phone call at this stage!)

Last edited by Placebo; 28 Feb 2004 at 23:43.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 23:40 (Ref:888654)   #23
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boys and Girls think carefully now.There is a driver that has driven V8 Supercars before and then moved to another catigorie where he was very successful.He even raced overseas in this class with mixed results.He is a very likable fellow and when you find out who it is you are all going to say What the,why didn't I think of that?
My little spy tells me its all very hush hush to fuel speculation which the new sponsers are happy with.I have given all the clues I'm going to so get the books out and do a little reserch.

The Grumpy1
Old 28 Feb 2004, 23:46 (Ref:888658)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally posted by Placebo
It doesn't surprise me that we still don't know (or have any real idea) who has the drive at TD. What surprises me is that at this late stage we still have such a long list of possibles. Surely someone knows if some of these drivers are definitely not (or no longer) in the mix given that the deadline must be close.
(ie. Has no-one on the spoken to any of these people recently and been told they're out - surely TD are not keeping a long list of drivers hanging out for a phone call at this stage!)
Well I guess there are two possibilities...
- the drivers on the list have been told the team arent interested, and they dont really want to tell the world at large they were rejected by TD,
- and/or a rejection is only crystallised as a rejection when the new driver signs the deal, so anything else is just a hurdle to achieving the end game

I am aware of a couple of drivers on the original list who are still trying to establish a position for themselves to remain in the running for that gig, even at this late stage, despite little positive communication received from the team.

Persistence rules in motorsport...
Old 28 Feb 2004, 23:47 (Ref:888662)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1
Boys and Girls think carefully now.There is a driver that has driven V8 Supercars before and then moved to another catigorie where he was very successful.He even raced overseas in this class with mixed results.He is a very likable fellow and when you find out who it is you are all going to say What the,why didn't I think of that?
My little spy tells me its all very hush hush to fuel speculation which the new sponsers are happy with.I have given all the clues I'm going to so get the books out and do a little reserch.

The Grumpy1
Its not Will Power.... sorry to disappoint you.