Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Sep 2007, 14:00 (Ref:2002631)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Winton Testing on Monday...

According to eMNews... Mr White had a serious bingle in one of the Team BOC Falcons... no word on whether the driver is hurt... or how bad the car damage is

Not good only a week and half from Sandown
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 3 Sep 2007, 22:13 (Ref:2003099)   #2
Adam Ronke
Racer

Australia
Between Winton & Wakefield
Adam Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Serious is a probably the wrong word, it gives people the impression that it was a 'big hit'. It was a reasonable hit on the exit of the 'esses' but nothing major, I have hit the wall there twice and I must say it is relativley easy to do if you lose concentration. The area he hit is well protected with tyre barriers and it is difficult to do any really serious damage to your car in that location.
Old 4 Sep 2007, 02:44 (Ref:2003203)   #3
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hope he didnt damage the wall

Mick
Old 4 Sep 2007, 03:05 (Ref:2003206)   #4
888_Fan
Racer

888_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice driver choice there BJR....
Old 4 Sep 2007, 04:02 (Ref:2003221)   #5
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rather him do his crashing now rather than in the race.
Old 4 Sep 2007, 13:43 (Ref:2003578)   #6
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 888_Fan
Nice driver choice there BJR....
I reckon your a bit harsh there 888, I wouldn't have thought he was known as a bloke who regularly throws the machinery at the scenery.
Old 5 Sep 2007, 06:11 (Ref:2004007)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I hadnt heard of this until now.

How bad is the car ?
I would imagie that they will be able to get it ready for Sandown ?
Bad luck for Damien , I hope that hasnt hurt his confidence to much , but thats racing (or testing as this case may be) im sure he will bounce back
Old 5 Sep 2007, 06:21 (Ref:2004014)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There is no team release on the team website so presumably the car can be repaired.

Allegedly Team BOC have no spare chassis... having sold their 3rd chassis to Image Racing.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 5 Sep 2007, 14:25 (Ref:2004324)   #9
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
were they abit low on cash, or did they just think they could wing it without a spare?
Old 5 Sep 2007, 20:44 (Ref:2004617)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
were they abit low on cash, or did they just think they could wing it without a spare?
The chassis had been used by Mr Bright's equipe... presumably when it returned it wasnt the same as it was sent out.....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 6 Sep 2007, 00:58 (Ref:2004778)   #11
jaytor
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
jaytor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But the restults that Bright got out of the chassis are these it's ever scene....what does that say about the origional team and drivers then? Or to a greater extent Brights ability to make a fast car.
Old 6 Sep 2007, 01:08 (Ref:2004783)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Bright was allegedly supplied a Team BOC BA shell, and refitted it with Britek suspension, brakes, engine, transmission & other parts.

It was not a Team BOC rolling chassis that was being used....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 6 Sep 2007, 02:04 (Ref:2004790)   #13
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Mr Bright was allegedly supplied a Team BOC BA shell, and refitted it with Britek suspension, brakes, engine, transmission & other parts.

It was not a Team BOC rolling chassis that was being used....
So GTR the 64 cent question is :

Was it returned as a roller or back to bare bones ?

Was there any (alleged) agreement to give it back to BJR with 'go fast' bits included as part (or full) payment in their 'business' agreement ?
Old 6 Sep 2007, 02:32 (Ref:2004797)   #14
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Damn, missed another crash.

I was out at Winton around 10:30 and all three cars there (GRM, Britek & BJR) were all still straight.

Timed it well in that I was heading up to Albury for work purposes and there was testing going on at Winton
Old 6 Sep 2007, 02:43 (Ref:2004800)   #15
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA
Damn, missed another crash.

I was out at Winton around 10:30 and all three cars there (GRM, Britek & BJR) were all still straight.

Timed it well in that I was heading up to Albury for work purposes and there was testing going on at Winton
You timed it very well Knackers, so well that I think it to be no more than a coincidence.

Any chance of a job with you??

Mick
Old 6 Sep 2007, 07:41 (Ref:2004896)   #16
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19
so well that I think it to be no more than a coincidence.

100% coincidence. I was driving up the old highway to look at a site just up the road and then onto Albury and decided to show the guy with me the place I spend so many of my weekends at only to find testing in progress.
Old 6 Sep 2007, 10:00 (Ref:2005016)   #17
Wood-duck
Racer

Wood-duck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great way to endear yourself to a new team.. prang the car a week out from one of the most important events of the year... To quote Paul Morris: "That is the end of his career"....
Old 6 Sep 2007, 14:08 (Ref:2005218)   #18
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
doubt that very much, the bloke Morris said that about is still driving.
Old 6 Sep 2007, 22:52 (Ref:2005712)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cranker
So GTR the 64 cent question is :

Was it returned as a roller or back to bare bones ?

Was there any (alleged) agreement to give it back to BJR with 'go fast' bits included as part (or full) payment in their 'business' agreement ?
Presumably returned in the condition it was sent out.. as a shell.. with glass/hanging panels etc... as leased with cash money from BJR... allegedly
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Sep 2007, 03:06 (Ref:2005782)   #20
Wood-duck
Racer

Wood-duck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well, we all know why that is...
Old 27 Sep 2007, 09:46 (Ref:2024215)   #21
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So BJR test on a Monday and because of E News we're all the wiser for the "big"" hit that White had...it seems with their recent test being on a Tuesday, therefore without the assistance (accuate or otherwise) of E News, we know nothing of the "big" hit that Murchison had! Come on all you "insiders"...where's your fresh info - sans E News?

Anyway...It seems BJR have some more badly timed extra work load for themselves after Murchison hit the wall at the same corner White did a couple of weeks back.

Now, I'm not about to dramatise it by saying no word on whether the driver is hurt... or how bad the car damage is...but i will say that its not good only a week and half from Bathurst.
Old 27 Sep 2007, 09:50 (Ref:2024219)   #22
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
thansk for that GTI, although possibly ou could have sad that without all the waffle

i see Britek were there, where any other teams?
Old 27 Sep 2007, 10:31 (Ref:2024263)   #23
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

not for very long!