Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 Sep 2002, 11:58 (Ref:377910)   #1
Spaced Invader
Racer

England
Attleborough, Norfolk
Spaced Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Virgin Le Mans Goer....

Having never attended Le Mans before me and the old man have decided that 2003 is the year to go, what with all the British cars and the possiblity of TVR being there. please could one of you verterans give me some details on how to get tickets etc..

thanks- Spaced Invader
Old 11 Sep 2002, 12:12 (Ref:377918)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You can get tickets (entrance and campsite) directly from the ACO. Although as some of us on the forum will testify to - this is not always trivial! You will need to arrange your own travel etc, but this isn't too difficult.

Alternatively you could book a trip with Page and Moy, Motor Racing International (etc...). These are quite good and not much more expensive than the DIY method. They do self-drive, coach trips, flying visits and do all the tickets too. They also have a good reception and meeting point for people travelling with them - always something to fall back on. You'll also probably get to meet a few drivers in free talks they put on.
Old 11 Sep 2002, 12:13 (Ref:377921)   #3
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
try www.club-arnage.com you should find all the info needed there.
Old 11 Sep 2002, 12:34 (Ref:377937)   #4
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Just remember to book early as some camp sites, ferry routes and grandstand will already be full. I get my tickets from Just Tickets and have done for many years. I pay a small premiuim but have never had a problem their website is at www.justtickets.co.uk.
Old 11 Sep 2002, 12:51 (Ref:377948)   #5
Spaced Invader
Racer

England
Attleborough, Norfolk
Spaced Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks guys. how much will it cost roughly for the all round package- ticket, campsite, ferry etc...

and Mr Ashmore, did i see you racing at a Jag Meet at Snetterton the other week? or are there two Adam Ashmores?
Old 11 Sep 2002, 13:21 (Ref:377977)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hello Spaced.

Well, you didn't see me racing as the clutch disintegrated and I didn't even get a lap in (The car did eight laps with my Dad driving earlier in the day). Very frustrating, but I was back in the cockpit last weekend end at Outlon.

Prices. Well, tickets are a lot cheaper than GP! I think they are about £35. Grandstand tickets are about £60. And the car park is about £10. We are members of the ACO and we get a bit of a discount so I'm not sure on the exact prices.

I'm not sure what a camp site is, we haven't done that for a few years.

The Ferry will be £80 upwards for a car (inc. up to 5 people). That's the Dover-Calais crossing. The other longer ones can be quite a bit more expensive if you get a busy journey time.

Ring up (or go to the website) and get the Page & Moy, MRI and Justtickets catalogues.
Old 11 Sep 2002, 13:53 (Ref:378005)   #7
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone know if campsite and grandstand tickets are still available?
Old 11 Sep 2002, 14:21 (Ref:378016)   #8
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
They will certainly be available through Just Tickets, or Page & Moy. But I would be surprised if the ACO still have them.
Old 11 Sep 2002, 16:03 (Ref:378066)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I went on the coach this year, and will more than likly do it that way again next year and the whole lot only cost £200, that was for the travel, Insurance and a race ticket and that was with MRI and you got the pre-race reception as well where we heard from Perry McCarty, Johnny Mowlom and some bloke call Alan McNish, also MRI had other speakers on during the race I also Mike Brewer (Driven Ch4) and from Perry McCarthy again, over all I would say that there package is really good value for money

Rob
Old 11 Sep 2002, 18:41 (Ref:378161)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good to welcome you aboard the 2003 sailing to Le Mans, Invader!

Nordic's advice re Club Arnage is very good, there's not a lot missing from their "newbie" advice.

I'd also support what rd says about MRI's trips. Although our people (The Tourists) normally drive over, I have been with MRI three times, lastly in '98. Others may disagree but for an economy trip (they do more expensive ones as well!), I think they're pretty good.

Most importantly Invader, keep in touch on these pages. We have a running thread on Le Mans 2003 which will hopefully be pretty huge by next year (!).

As a moderator of this particular forum, I can say for sure that there is an incredible amount of knowledge and talent among our members/visitors - you pose the question and I can almost guarantee that someone (probably several) will be back toute suite with the answer!

BWs

Old 11 Sep 2002, 19:16 (Ref:378183)   #11
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would echo what Aysedasi said - as this year was my visit to Le Mans and through this forum I picked up several, most of which Aysedasi Virgin guide from his web which was really helpful..
Old 11 Sep 2002, 19:33 (Ref:378200)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
I would echo what Aysedasi said - as this year was my visit to Le Mans and through this forum I picked up several, most of which Aysedasi Virgin guide from his web which was really helpful..
Now I'm blushing.........
Old 11 Sep 2002, 19:50 (Ref:378219)   #13
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For a good view of LM and the things to think about if you are camping see the Beer Mountain Lads site (Link via Aysedasi's site).

I would suggest travel down Wednesday, see practice Thursday, rest Friday ready for Race. Travel home Monday. It is a lot to do over a weekend especially if it is hot, and it will be in 2003 ! Get camping tickets now while you can. Should you not go there is a good market for them nearer the day so you should not lose out. Would suggest Houx annex for camping, it is almost civilised these days.

PM me if you need more info.

Simon
Old 12 Sep 2002, 06:20 (Ref:378503)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
.....especially if it is hot, and it will be in 2003 !

As my 12 year old insists on saying every 5 minutes,

"You d'a man, SL, you d'a man!"

Old 12 Sep 2002, 13:49 (Ref:378777)   #15
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Be warned spaced invader, Le Mans is addictive! One visit and you could be hooked for life, most of us are...

Hopefully next year we will be a bit more organised and actually arrange a time and place to meet up, so keep an eye out for that nearer the time.
Old 13 Sep 2002, 20:55 (Ref:379859)   #16
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going with the same group I went with last year; I used to be a major planner but after the trip last year came to naught, I went with another group and was very glad to have no responsibility for the arrangements. I think it cost me about $300 Canadian not counting air fare and we were there 10 days. Stayed at Karting Nord which is right next to the Porsche Curves and had everything including satellite television provided for me.

I do buy my own tickets though from the ACO (a roll of the dice but the one I want is unrestricted access and can't be got any other way).

And I echo those who say once you have been to Le Mans you will plan to go back every year. There is nothing like it anywhere.