Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jan 2005, 15:40 (Ref:1213182)   #1
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Heidfeld To Partner Webber (RUMOUR)

I have just heared from a very reliable source that Tommorow Williams B.M.W. will announce Nick Heidfeld as the partner to Webber. Should be good. I rekon he may get a race win.

Your Thoughts

Last edited by Dan Fielden; 30 Jan 2005 at 15:41.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 15:44 (Ref:1213186)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If true, I am ecstatic.

I won't believe until an official statement is made though!
Old 30 Jan 2005, 15:45 (Ref:1213188)   #3
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same here, if thats true then its a good and very popular decision that Nick deserves.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 16:03 (Ref:1213197)   #4
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If true I think a year with Williams will only go to vindicate the fact that none of the top teams wanted to touch him until they where completley desperate.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 16:11 (Ref:1213200)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice to see you Damon!

Not a nice comment though.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 16:27 (Ref:1213207)   #6
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought I'd just drop in with a bit of controversy then sod off again .
Old 30 Jan 2005, 16:35 (Ref:1213211)   #7
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be a good decision, I think Heidfeld could really push Webber and may even prove to be quicker.
What next for Pizzonia though? Go to another series or become a career tester. Two shots at a fulltime F1 ride doesn't really warrant a third kick at the can with another team.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 30 Jan 2005, 16:39 (Ref:1213213)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*Thread title changed to reflect this isn't confimed*

For what I hear it is more likely to be Pizzonia, but there is no certainty about it at all.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 16:42 (Ref:1213217)   #9
mstar
Racer

mstar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it makes sense heidfield has MORE race experience then pizza boy... but we got to wait for tommrow! i think it be the best decision for WillamsBMW.

Question is will it be 1 year (with option for 06) contract? as they might go looking for button for 2006??? that be the intresting thing in all of this (some sources claim button has a prelimary contract with Williams set up for 2006, just needs signing)

intresting...
Old 30 Jan 2005, 16:58 (Ref:1213224)   #10
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll be gutted for Nick if he doesnt get the nod.... Pizzonia did well last year but i can see him being as good as Nick over an entire season... IMO Nick is just more talented.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 17:09 (Ref:1213226)   #11
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck to Nick, although I think Williams should have taken DC on for a year.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 17:41 (Ref:1213236)   #12
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd say Nick deserves the drive, but it's interesting that conflicting rumours are out there. My choice would be Heidfeld ahead of DC - he'd showed real potential in the past and was superb last year, better than Fisichella in the same car.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 17:51 (Ref:1213245)   #13
Lord Jagged
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Lord Jagged should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm praying it's Heidfeld. Pizza boy is just not good enough.....
Old 30 Jan 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1213269)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitstop
Ithink Williams should have taken DC on for a year.
Yeah right!
Old 30 Jan 2005, 18:35 (Ref:1213270)   #15
Fantasy GP610
Racer

Fantasy GP610 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitstop
I think Williams should have taken DC on for a year.
Absolutely........their loss

If it is Heidfeld,first question is how long is the contract (Button situation)........second question......has he really got the RACE pace.

Last edited by Fantasy GP610; 30 Jan 2005 at 18:36.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 18:40 (Ref:1213273)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

If we look at last year, Heidfeld had rather more impressive race pace than DC if you take everything into account. So that argument isn't a great one.

The big question is how he'd operate up front. If he performs like he did in F3000 he'll be OK!
Old 30 Jan 2005, 18:40 (Ref:1213274)   #17
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heidfeld's probably got more consistent race pace than Pizzonia, IMO.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 18:43 (Ref:1213277)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Most definitely.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 19:01 (Ref:1213290)   #19
Fantasy GP610
Racer

Fantasy GP610 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Heidfeld had rather more impressive race pace than DC if you take everything into account. So that argument isn't a great one.
Depend's on your opinion ,but this thread isn't about DC (we go around in circles with that)
Old 30 Jan 2005, 20:35 (Ref:1213331)   #20
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I think they might go with Pizzonia and replace him with Heidfeld after a few races as Pizza boy can't cut it.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 21:33 (Ref:1213369)   #21
KE30MAN
Racer

KE30MAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it were my sponsorship money I would be hoping they went for Nick. I think it would just be more likely that Heidfeld would be at the front. Pizza boy is quick but quite ragged and a little inconsistent.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 22:10 (Ref:1213382)   #22
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
A bit like Taku was at Jordan in 02
Old 30 Jan 2005, 22:14 (Ref:1213385)   #23
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
If they pick Pizza, Nick would be better off grovelling to EJ. And if Nick gets the seat, Pizza would be better off at Minardi or Jordan.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 22:41 (Ref:1213400)   #24
manwell
Racer

manwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85
If they pick Pizza, Nick would be better off grovelling to EJ. And if Nick gets the seat, Pizza would be better off at Minardi or Jordan.
I thought that had both signed contracts with Williams.
So at the end of the day, one will be a Race driver there, and the other will be a Test driver.

Testing at Williams is a better option than racing a Minardi.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 22:45 (Ref:1213405)   #25
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Testing at Williams is a better option than racing a Minardi.
I'd probably go for the minardi seat over a williams test role if I were him, for the sake of being in a competitive situation ie.having a teammate to try to trounce.