Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 May 2005, 18:06 (Ref:1294538)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ferrari's Friday pace (Sunday)

I presume that it is business as normal and Ferrari will be on the pace as this kind of thing is normal. However do you agree with Rubens when he says 11th and 13th on Friday is nothing to worry about?
http://www.autosport-atlas.com/news.aspx?id=43956&s=5
Quote:
As usual on a Friday, we don't really know what the opposition has done, so it is hard to get a clear picture of the situation. I am optimistic because the situation is quite similar to Imola, in that we can expect to have a very competitive car for the race.
Basically what is the best guess at the Spanish track 2005 from what little we know? Will they get the Ferrari and Bridgestones to work? The track has been re-surfaced.

I think top five in the race, podium at the end?
Old 6 May 2005, 18:21 (Ref:1294553)   #2
speedbump
Racer

Canada
Toronto
speedbump should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, top 5 or podium for Schumacher but Rubens may not get points.
He's been a little off.

I just looked threw a artical on Planet f1.
Schumachers concerned about pace.

http://www.planet-f1.com/news/story_19433.shtml

You can never under estimate Ferrari.
They'll do well.

I think MS is just playing with the media.
Old 6 May 2005, 18:21 (Ref:1294554)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
However do you agree with Rubens when he says 11th and 13th on Friday is nothing to worry about?
Well, Friday at Imola saw Michael 4th and 6th and Rubens 11th and 7th in 1st and 2nd practice. Saturday practice 1 saw Michael 1st and Rubens 2nd, so we had better wait to see what tomorrow brings.

That said, if Ferrari show the sort of pace during the race that we saw in Imola, the other teams better start worrying.
Old 6 May 2005, 18:25 (Ref:1294557)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbump

I just looked threw a artical on Planet f1.
Schumachers concerned about pace.

I think MS is just playing with the media.

Agreed, Michael is imo, playing with the media. In that article, it mentions that Michael was 3 seconds off De La Rosa's pace. The article forgot to mention that Michaels engine was on it's 2nd race weekend, Pedro's engine doesn't matter as he's back to testing duties.

Should Ferrari be 3 seconds a lap slower in the race, i'll very surprised (whilst ecstatic at the same time )
Old 6 May 2005, 18:36 (Ref:1294562)   #5
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst we are obviously going to have to wait until Sunday to see for sure, their pace today sure does raise questions. What an odd year this is turning out to be!

For starters, all year long the Minardis have been toward the top of the speed traps. Really! Just take a gander at the formula1.com site!

Ferrari's pace has been erratic, both due to the car and the tires. But come on, 2 seconds a lap quicker than the field at Imola? The same track that saw other front-running cars (Toyota, Williams) struggle? While Saubers run strong, and a Jordan outpaces one of the Williams, Ferraris, and a Toyota??

Now we get back to a track at which aero is supposed to be crucial, and we see the Toyotas and Red Bulls back up front while Ferrari struggles... nobody's performance is consistent! Well, save Fernando's and Jarno's...
Old 6 May 2005, 18:44 (Ref:1294570)   #6
speedbump
Racer

Canada
Toronto
We'll see Tomorrow.
I feel it will be much closer.
3 seconds off. No way.
Like you said. 2nd engine.
Old 6 May 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1294581)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbump
We'll see Tomorrow.
I feel it will be much closer.
3 seconds off. No way.
Like you said. 2nd engine.
Don't Ferrari have a new engine for this weekend?

They didn't do many laps in Bahrain,so they used the same engine in Imola.I could be wrong,but i think that's the case.
Old 6 May 2005, 19:06 (Ref:1294585)   #8
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
They always seem to go at it slowly on Friday. Probably just checking out the tyre compounds. I think they'll be fine on Sunday.
Old 6 May 2005, 19:12 (Ref:1294590)   #9
speedbump
Racer

Canada
Toronto
I think Imola was a new engine ???
Remember one of the races MS pulled in before the last lap.
Everyone thought Ferrari was going to change engines but they didn't because it would hurt there strategy later in the season or Imola. If they would have chnges engines than Imola would have been the second race on the same engine.

I think that's how it went.
Old 6 May 2005, 19:20 (Ref:1294595)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Given that Monaco isn't very hard on engines,wouldn't it be better to have a used one there?

Also the new car was not meant to be introduced until Spain,so i think maybe they do have new engines.
Old 6 May 2005, 19:27 (Ref:1294598)   #11
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well....for all we know they might come and take pole by 2 secs tomorrow....
Old 6 May 2005, 19:32 (Ref:1294602)   #12
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
Well....for all we know they might come and take pole by 2 secs tomorrow....
I think at least one of them will not be in the top ten.

Does anyone know if they have new engines?!
Old 6 May 2005, 20:05 (Ref:1294626)   #13
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
They always seem to go at it slowly on Friday. Probably just checking out the tyre compounds. I think they'll be fine on Sunday.
ferrari definatly take a very methodical role in determining their set-up, and questions about the bridgestone compounds will onle add to that. i don't think we can really comment on what their race pace will be like until sat. practice at the earliest. thoses guys at ferrari are very good at waiting until it counts to show their true pace.

RB didn't finish last race so i believe he is allowed a new engine and MS finished second so unless he wants to be dropped back ten spots(which for him doesn't seem to be a big deal) will be on the second leg of this engine
Old 6 May 2005, 20:52 (Ref:1294644)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Michael Schumacher has a new engine this weekend.

The one at Imola was on its second race, having been used at Sakhir.
Old 6 May 2005, 21:03 (Ref:1294650)   #15
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
didnt MS go out in bahrain giving him a new engine at imola?
Old 6 May 2005, 21:34 (Ref:1294682)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He kept the same engine from Bahrain.

The scrutineering report from Imola confirms this: http://www.fia.com/resources/documen..._Report_05.PDF
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIA scrut. report Imola
TECHNICAL DELEGATE’S REPORT

The following drivers will start the fourth Event of the 2005 Formula One World Championship with a new
engine:

Number Car Driver
03 BAR Honda Jenson Button
04 BAR Honda Takuma Sato
06 Renault Giancarlo Fisichella
08 Williams BMW Nick Heidfeld
11 Sauber Petronas Jacques Villeneuve
19 Jordan Toyota Narain Karthikeyan
None of the above cars has finished the last race in Bahrain.

20 Minardi Cosworth Patrick Friesacher
21 Minardi Cosworth Christijan Albers
The two cars above have finished the last race in Bahrain.

Jo Bauer
FIA Formula One Technical Delegate
Old 6 May 2005, 21:47 (Ref:1294694)   #17
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that Adam.
Old 6 May 2005, 21:50 (Ref:1294696)   #18
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
forix - at autosport-atlas.com
Old 6 May 2005, 22:12 (Ref:1294715)   #19
Adam RR
Rookie

Australia
Gold Coast, Australia
Adam RR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Ferari's first race win of the 2005 season.
Old 6 May 2005, 22:57 (Ref:1294738)   #20
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That I very much hope and also believe will be the case

Ferrari must be extremely confident to sandbag to such an extent today..
Old 6 May 2005, 23:46 (Ref:1294746)   #21
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam RR
Excuse double post
Old 6 May 2005, 23:47 (Ref:1294747)   #22
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam RR

That sounds like the plan to me!
Old 7 May 2005, 00:55 (Ref:1294762)   #23
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Would they want to sandbag with a new engine?

I'd want to make sure in the engines first race that everything was how it should be.11th and 13th,3 seconds off is leaving just a little too much to do IMHO.

KR is more like the real deal i think.

One of the Ferraris outside the top ten in 1st qually.Which one will it be!
Old 7 May 2005, 02:06 (Ref:1294778)   #24
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ferrari will win.........everyone else at this stage of the season bar (no pun intended) Renault, sucks ass....that is the kindest way that i can put it....you may now ban me if you like....i could care less...........
Old 7 May 2005, 03:17 (Ref:1294813)   #25
speedbump
Racer

Canada
Toronto
Thanks for thr report Adam.
For some reason I thought Ferrari had a new engine in Imola.