Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Apr 2001, 10:18 (Ref:82613)   #1
SH0077
Rookie

SH0077 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

For a driver who only has a couple of F1 seasons behind him, Im suprised that so many F1 lovers out there think that Pedro De La Rosa is the answer for the ill-performing Jaguar team. Can anyone give me a few reasons why De La Rosa is the choice for Jaguar??? Thanks guys...
Old 20 Apr 2001, 10:21 (Ref:82614)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you mean impact by crashing...

No, I think he will have a car failure rather than spin off the track !!!

Seriously, I think he will do fine despite the bad Jaguars...
Old 20 Apr 2001, 11:12 (Ref:82632)   #3
Faster
Racer

Faster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my modest opinion, I believe he will help Irvine to retain his seat in Jaguar for a few more years...
Old 20 Apr 2001, 11:13 (Ref:82634)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As long as he stays away from the Williams cars, Rubens and Jos, I think he will be safe from making an impact!

Semi-seriously, he's got more experience than Lucky Lu and may be able to kick Eddie's butt into a higher gear as well. And at this point I think Jaguar would sign Lauda if he'd take the drive.
Old 20 Apr 2001, 12:58 (Ref:82666)   #5
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he will not do better than burti did. Not because he can't, but because the car is not working well. If he gets in the points in any race that will be great for him and for Jaguar, but I see this rather impossible.
Old 20 Apr 2001, 13:32 (Ref:82681)   #6
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DLR will do nothing in the Jaguar - the car is too poor. Perhaps by the end of the season they'll scrape one or two lucky points, like in 2000, but to be honest I see them finishing last this season.
Old 20 Apr 2001, 13:46 (Ref:82691)   #7
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not with Prost around they won't!! They'll be wooden spoons for the second year in a row, you mark my words.

As for PDLR, I think he'll initially inject a new sense of optimism and urgency into the team: a beleif that they can still make something of this year.

As for beating EI, unlikly. The only other guy who works as hard when behind the wheel of an F1 car at the mo is Alesi.

However, I DO think Jaguar will be a team in the future, 2003 may be??
Old 20 Apr 2001, 15:22 (Ref:82722)   #8
DancingMachine
Racer

DancingMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think he has talent but He needs a better car.
Old 20 Apr 2001, 16:58 (Ref:82750)   #9
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PDLR will make that CAT move!!!
Mark my words!!!

If Jaguar couldnt get Michael, then Pedro is the next best thing that can happen.

Come Barcelona and Bobby's hair will grow!
Old 20 Apr 2001, 17:07 (Ref:82754)   #10
renault110
Rookie

renault110 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Jaguar will not do anything with any driver until Mr. A. Newey joins and he will! Kenny Brack will join at the same time.
Old 20 Apr 2001, 20:04 (Ref:82794)   #11
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I don't expect de la Rosa to leap into the car and start scoring points, but I do expect him to outperform Irvine.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 21 Apr 2001, 04:34 (Ref:82950)   #12
RALFANATOR
Racer

RALFANATOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lets face it is JAG were talking about PDLR can only help them at this stage
I'am with RALF'S GIRL outperform IRVINE he will
Old 21 Apr 2001, 07:37 (Ref:82962)   #13
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by renault110
Jaguar will not do anything with any driver until Mr. A. Newey joins and he will! Kenny Brack will join at the same time.
Now that would be an interesting combination. I've not heard this one before. I'd love to see it. I hope you have not been obtaining your information from Mr. Machine and his acquaintances.

Pedro is better than Luciano, but the car isn't any good.
There's a lot of work to do. Pedro may score a couple of points this year, but that will be it, I fear.
Old 21 Apr 2001, 07:44 (Ref:82964)   #14
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest, I doubt Pedro will make a splash in 2001. Maybe when the Jag gets better, but, it is currently a mid grid car at best. Also, the team has not appeared to have improved at all over the off season. We'll wait and see.
Old 21 Apr 2001, 09:44 (Ref:82986)   #15
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I can't see Jaguar doing well this year, maybe next year, However, there are too many better teams ahead of them. It will be interesting to see whether Jaguar wins a race first or Renault - despite all their traumas, I think Renault will win before Ford does.
Old 21 Apr 2001, 09:48 (Ref:82989)   #16
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As a Jaguar fan I hope your wrong Valve. At least with a wheel of a racing car in his hands Pedro has chance of greatness.
Old 21 Apr 2001, 10:08 (Ref:83000)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Renault certainly will be stronger next year.
Just hope Jaguar get things together before Renault starts to chalenge the top 3...
Old 21 Apr 2001, 10:18 (Ref:83004)   #18
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
I can't see Jaguar doing well this year, maybe next year, However, there are too many better teams ahead of them. It will be interesting to see whether Jaguar wins a race first or Renault - despite all their traumas, I think Renault will win before Ford does.
Your right VB, I don't doubt Jag will improve, but look at who they have to get in front of to win the championship - Ferrari, McLaren, Williams BMW, Jordan Honda, BAR Honda & Renault. Add to this Toyota and you have some very serious competition there. Geez, Now I think about, Paul stoddart should sell up now
Old 21 Apr 2001, 10:20 (Ref:83005)   #19
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
When Paul Stoddart first bought Minardi, he did say he wanted to get a factory engine in the near future. Let's hope he gets one before next year.
Old 21 Apr 2001, 18:43 (Ref:83169)   #20
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
PDLR may light a fire under Irvine-I think he's nearly as fast as Eddie and I don't doubt that Pedro will do better than Burti could have. Points earned will be lucky ones though. But its a start to next season-its gonna take awhile, but Jag will eventually be at the front.

If the rumours that Rahal is on the way out (a mistake I think, if true) then Brack's future at Jag is equally unlikely.
Old 21 Apr 2001, 19:54 (Ref:83180)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Rahal on the way out ??

That's bad news.
Old 21 Apr 2001, 22:53 (Ref:83263)   #22
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jag needs another management change like they need a hole in the head.

Also, I'm not convinced PDLR will be faster than Irv cause IMO the latter is by far the better driver.