Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Nov 2003, 17:50 (Ref:771809)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
F12003 review DVD / Video

Does anyone know when the 2003 review is being released?
I skipped the 2002 one.
Mind you the last one I bought was 2001, and it was terrible, awful patronising commentry and "mood music" put over the action
Old 3 Nov 2003, 17:53 (Ref:771812)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Try this thread in Armchair Enthusiast:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=45639
Old 3 Nov 2003, 18:00 (Ref:771828)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
November 24th 2003.....pencil that date in your diary!
Old 3 Nov 2003, 20:18 (Ref:772004)   #4
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Does anyone know if the DVD will have "additional features" over the VHS version.
Old 3 Nov 2003, 20:20 (Ref:772006)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Probably just camera angle choices I'd say.
Old 3 Nov 2003, 23:58 (Ref:772190)   #6
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
I'll place an order at Play.com
Old 4 Nov 2003, 17:17 (Ref:772897)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Good man. So will I.
Old 8 Nov 2003, 07:55 (Ref:776660)   #8
BARrouette
Racer

BARrouette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IS there any in America ?
Old 10 Nov 2003, 17:45 (Ref:779039)   #9
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I cant understand is why all the previous reviews of the seasons have not been tranferred to dvd.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 18:15 (Ref:779057)   #10
bastinscully
Racer

England
Oxford
bastinscully should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The bonus will be a full lap of each pole of 2003 and a stills gallery,
Old 10 Nov 2003, 18:20 (Ref:779062)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by pole2pole
What I cant understand is why all the previous reviews of the seasons have not been tranferred to dvd.
They just can't be bothered.

They should release each year from '81 (or whenever they have decent footage - that is the first video) every month or two and you can build up the box set. A bit like the original Bond film releases.

The spines would slowly build up to a graphic of a F1 car or Bernie
Old 10 Nov 2003, 21:09 (Ref:779187)   #12
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Its probably down to money, I mean, how many people would buy them who have already bought the VHS?
Old 10 Nov 2003, 21:13 (Ref:779193)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Well in case the people who matter are paying attention. I would buy them. Even the early '80s one when Clive James had a year off and it is one bloke and his wife!
Old 10 Nov 2003, 21:27 (Ref:779207)   #14
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
I'd buy them too Adam, I have a few of the VHS tapes (86, 90, 91, 93, 94, 98, 2000 and 2001)

However the 1986 tape is really short, its only about 90min. To do a season review, I think 2 hours is a minimum, 3 would be great.

I would also like to have Murray Walker do the commentary, but this probably isn't possible due to rights issues.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 21:30 (Ref:779210)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans

That is two of us...
Old 11 Nov 2003, 11:38 (Ref:779706)   #16
garagegirl
Racer

garagegirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: F12003 review DVD / Video

Quote:
Originally posted by The Monster
Does anyone know when the 2003 review is being released?
I think Im going to need to get that one, seeing as I missed well over half the season...and worse still fell asleep during the last race this year!! (one of the few i acctually got to see)
Old 24 Nov 2003, 19:46 (Ref:793210)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Has anyone bought this today? I'll be getting it tomorrow......I heard the DVD has the pole lap from every race.........true or not?
Old 24 Nov 2003, 21:09 (Ref:793292)   #18
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Just read about the dvd on play

A review of the 2003 Formula One season, one of the most exciting championships in years!

Contains footage from on-baord and trackside cameras not previously transmitted on TV. Exclusive highlights of practices, qualifying sessions and races combine with team radio and behind the scenes driver footage to reveal the controversies behind the action.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 22:04 (Ref:793341)   #19
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a must buy then.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 12:59 (Ref:793922)   #20
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Mine came in the post today and as usual its a mixed bag, gone is the annoying mood music (thank god), but they don't show half the things I would have expected them to show, for example all the passing manoovers at Australia, we see none of that (apart from the Kimi/Schu move at turn 1) and the scrap between Kimi/Rubens at Austria, again we see nothing of it.

Also, the DVD statement of "Pole laps", its not on - board footage, but a mix of on-board and trackside cameras, with the emphesis on 'trackside'.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 13:32 (Ref:793971)   #21
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is it better than the 2000 & 2001 DVDs? Or more of the same?
Old 25 Nov 2003, 14:13 (Ref:794034)   #22
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
I didn't buy the 2000 or 2001 DVDs, I have the videos of those seasons.

Also Ben Edwards does the commentry.

And the DVD is very highly encoded at an amazingly high bitrate so the picture quality is probably the best I have ever seen on a DVD.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 14:14 (Ref:794038)   #23
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I didn't buy the 2000 or 2001 DVDs, I have the videos of those seasons.

And the DVD is very highly encoded at an amazingly high bitrate so the picture quality is probably the best I have ever seen on a DVD.
don't forget the sound! I will buy it anyway - beats VHS
Old 26 Nov 2003, 18:26 (Ref:795316)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Good footage of the pre-Monza press conference with Ross Brawn, Ron Dennis, Patrick Head and Flav, where Ross tries to explain the Michelin controversy.

Ross: "Please, must you keep laughing".

Old 26 Nov 2003, 19:11 (Ref:795360)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
on the 2003 DVD? Wow. Although his real skill is in live commentary.