Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 10 Jan 2004, 13:40 (Ref:833525)   #1
German_IRL_Fan
Rookie

German_IRL_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IRL TV coverage in Europe?

Can anybody tell me if there is any possibility to watch the IRL races LIVE in Europe? I'm quite sure that Eurosport won't televise the IRL races live this year since this is a year of major sporting events (Olympics). Is there even a possibility to get the ABC Sports/ESPN live coverage in Europe via satellite?
Old 10 Jan 2004, 14:09 (Ref:833542)   #2
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There seem to be quite a few European IRL fans here at the forum, so I imagine that there must be some coverage. Also, Autosport recognizing 6 IRL drivers in there top 50, means it must be catching the eye of the Europeans.

Boots or rustyfan, you out there? Maybe you can help our German friend!

Welcome to the forum German IRL Fan!

Danica Patrick
Old 10 Jan 2004, 15:27 (Ref:833579)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's on Sky Sports in the UK which you may or may not be able to pick up elsewhere in Europe.

They show every race live.
Old 10 Jan 2004, 16:21 (Ref:833614)   #4
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome to the forum, German_IRL_Fan!

Sky Sports are the only TV company that I'm aware of that show the races live in Europe. EuroSport do however show the races on delay, but they do show the entire race to you're not missing out too much Plus there's always Indyracing.com's net radio service, so you can at least listen live.
Old 10 Jan 2004, 18:48 (Ref:833691)   #5
tbman
Rookie

Finland
Finland
tbman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Removed at the request of tbman.

Last edited by Down F0rce; 11 Jan 2004 at 15:44.
Old 10 Jan 2004, 19:22 (Ref:833727)   #6
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome to the forums, tbman and thanks for the information, hopefully German_IRL_Fan will get to see the races live now
Old 11 Jan 2004, 01:31 (Ref:833976)   #7
Ian-S
Racer

Ian-S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by tbman
Quote removed.
tbman, do yourself a favour mate and keep this information out of public view, there are places to discuss feeds and this isn't really one, it is the reason why CART and most Nascar feeds are now encrypted.

You can bet that if a Murdoch cronnie see's this info posted in a public forum that feed will be encrypted quicker than you can say Sky Sports, interestingly, I don't think Sky use this feed themselves, but others do.

Just a friendly bit of advise.

Getting back to the question at hand, ABMoteurs in France, RTL5 in Netherlands and 24 in Sweden also show IRL live.

Last edited by Down F0rce; 11 Jan 2004 at 15:45.
Old 11 Jan 2004, 10:52 (Ref:834160)   #8
Nicke
Rookie

Nicke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, the digital channel SVT24 showed all races live last season here in Sweden.
Old 11 Jan 2004, 11:53 (Ref:834200)   #9
German_IRL_Fan
Rookie

German_IRL_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the info. These are a lot of interesting options.
I assume that Eurosport will stick to the one hour summary of each race. But, to be honest, I'm really fed up with the German Eurosport announcer. He slammed the IRL and Tony George at every opportunity while CART and Chris Pook were canonized.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 08:46 (Ref:835066)   #10
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With the European Cup for soccer and the Olympics, it's unfortunately far from certain that SVT24 (which, as far as I know, was available uncrypted to people outside of Sweden as long as you had a dish) will show the IRL IndyCar Series again in 2004. I haven't found any information on their website nor have I gotten a reply from them when asking about it. So with the soccer tournament and the Olympics, I'm afraid SVT will put much of their sports budget into that, rather than showing as much motorsports as they showed in 2003
Old 12 Jan 2004, 18:41 (Ref:835756)   #11
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That stinks rustyfan...

I hope you can see the races somehow, from your posts, its obvious you enjoy the series. Good luck!

Danica Patrick
Old 12 Jan 2004, 19:40 (Ref:835816)   #12
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
That stinks rustyfan...

I hope you can see the races somehow, from your posts, its obvious you enjoy the series. Good luck!
I expect Eurocrap, err, I mean Eurosport to show recaps again in 2004, and that will be better than nothing.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 13:29 (Ref:839220)   #13
oily oaf
Racer

oily oaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you're prpared to set up about 6 VCR machines to run consecutively over a period of 36 hours or so u may (if your lucky) catch the opening titles or closing credits of the magnificent Eurosport coverage of IRL (or Nascar for that matter) as their start times bear absolutely no resemblance whatsoever to those advertised in TV guide or teletext, in short they are about as much use to the motorsport fan as a one legged man in an ass-kicking contest.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 14:43 (Ref:839280)   #14
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
It sounds as though your coverage of the IRL and NASCAR is about as good as our F1 coverage is here!

Danica Patrick
Old 15 Jan 2004, 17:08 (Ref:839414)   #15
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
It sounds as though your coverage of the IRL and NASCAR is about as good as our F1 coverage is here!
Actually in the UK both have live coverage but you have to pay for it.I saw every round of IRL on Sky sports.NASCAR Winston Cup was on NASN last season,but as that is the only sport I am remotely interested in that they cover,I have so far declined to subscribe.