Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Apr 2004, 14:24 (Ref:933521)   #901
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those not subscribed to DSC (like me...) I´ve just received the whole list and placed it on our site.

Last edited by vandijk; 7 Apr 2004 at 14:25.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 14:30 (Ref:933529)   #902
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
I'm not sure that the best to do for Jan is to stay at home instead of racing... even to convince ACO they're wrong !

I hope that RFH and Taurus will be here at the end...

I agree, Fab....

Personally, I can't understand why anyone spends serious $$$ on a race program to let the cars sit in the garage when they could be racing...

Besides, there will be an "Automatic Bid" at stake....not competing in one of the four events would ensure that your car would not win the LMES LMP1 Class championship....

and it seems pretty obvious from the 2004 LM list that invites for RfH cars are not as certain as they have been in the past....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 7 Apr 2004, 14:33 (Ref:933533)   #903
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Awesome set of times from the wednesday session!

Old 7 Apr 2004, 15:05 (Ref:933559)   #904
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone want to take up a collection to help RfH, Goddard and the Saturn Courage to come over hee for the ALMS???

At least they'll have spots on the grid over here....

Old 7 Apr 2004, 15:17 (Ref:933567)   #905
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
Anyone want to take up a collection to help RfH, Goddard and the Saturn Courage to come over hee for the ALMS???
At least they'll have spots on the grid over here....
I'm beginning to wonder just how definite this entry list actually is- according to an item on DSC posted since the list was released, Goddard are still hoping to be out at Monza- apparently they've had problems with a supplier over upgrades to the car (conversion to paddle-shift) which has delayed the project and led to a potential driver taking his budget elsewhere. The team are looking for suitably funded drivers to fill the vacant seat

Last edited by KA; 7 Apr 2004 at 15:25.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 16:00 (Ref:933605)   #906
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by KA
I'm beginning to wonder just how definite this entry list actually is- according to an item on DSC posted since the list was released, Goddard are still hoping to be out at Monza- apparently they've had problems with a supplier over upgrades to the car (conversion to paddle-shift) which has delayed the project and led to a potential driver taking his budget elsewhere. The team are looking for suitably funded drivers to fill the vacant seat
Right! - It is a provisional entry list not the final! The document I received is called "LISTE PROVISOIRE DES ENGAGES.doc" but the document itself is just the list - no additional comments. But what do you think of this:

The press officer just told me that Racing for Holland doesn’t officially take part in the Le Mans Endurance Series today. They are thinking about their participation but can’t say anything today.

TBC...
Old 7 Apr 2004, 16:05 (Ref:933612)   #907
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
The press officer just told me that Racing for Holland doesn’t officially take part in the Le Mans Endurance Series today. They are thinking about their participation but can’t say anything today.

(Posted by Vandijk)

Man...That's News!!!

Do you think this might be a slight poke in the eye of the ACO for the LM Entry thing?

I think they will run LMES, but....

Come on, Jan....We'd LOVE to watch you rocket around North American road circuits in that checkered Dome!!!!!

Old 7 Apr 2004, 16:12 (Ref:933623)   #908
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:

(Posted by Vandijk)

Man...That's News!!!

Do you think this might be a slight poke in the eye of the ACO for the LM Entry thing?

I think they will run LMES, but....

Come on, Jan....We'd LOVE to watch you rocket around North American road circuits in that checkered Dome!!!!!
Tim, I was perhaps a little too quick... with press officer I meant the LMES press officer.

But yes, personally I think he is playing the game...

I do not have a response back from the team yet.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 19:03 (Ref:933770)   #909
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I guess Team Saturn lost their main sponsor for LMES 2004... Jesus Diaz gone to FIA-GT...
Old 7 Apr 2004, 20:05 (Ref:933808)   #910
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
So they bought a Courage C60 with Chevy power, and it is just sitting around in a garage?

Man...let's pass the collection plate for this guy....that's not good news...you know the car with the engine had to cost him six-figures...

Old 7 Apr 2004, 21:03 (Ref:933846)   #911
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wout
Wednesday morning Paul Ricard test times:
GOH Audi - 67r - 1.39.41
RFH - 68r - 1.39.48
CRE (675) - 50r - 1.39.49
Audi UK1 - 52r - 1.39.67
Audi UK2 - 41r - 1.40.47

All very close!
According to lmsr.net:

Tuesday/Wednesday – overall times:
1 Audi Sport Japan Team Goh (Tom Kristensen), 1:39.411 (WED)
2 Dome (Jan Lammers), 1:39.483 (WED)
3 DBA (Nicolas Minassian), 1:39.499 (WED)
4 Audi Sport UK Team Veloqx (Pierre Kaffer), 1:39.604 (WED)
5 Pescarolo Courage
(DSC mentions a time of 1:40.618, so I guess they went a bit faster in the afternoon)
6 Audi Sport UK Team Veloqx (Jamie Davies), 1:40.474 (WED)
(the times of 1-4+6 are mentioned in the Audi Sport UK press release)
Lister Storm (Tom Coronel) 1:41:124
(this time is mentioned in the Lister press release)

The first 4 times are only within 2 tenth!! Very close together.

Guy Smith was a bit dissapointed with the pace of the second Audi UK car.
“It was a little frustrating as although the ‘sister’ Audi of McNish and Kaffer achieved a good pace throughout the two days, we struggled to make headway at times although we finished up with the sixth fastest time.”
Old 7 Apr 2004, 21:08 (Ref:933849)   #912
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Thanks, Gwyllion!!!!

They are pretty close together....

Old 7 Apr 2004, 21:20 (Ref:933859)   #913
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Question:

In the Monza LMP2 list, there is a Tampolli listed with a Ford engine...

Anybody know which Ford Engine?

Maybe a WRC Focus engine????

Ford has a 3.0 L V-6 and a 3.8 L V-6 production engines, but no V-8s that would be able to be downsized enough to make this happen....

BTW...the production V-6s have 24 valves, etc....

I seriously doubt that anyone in Europe would hook up with a derivative from a Ford-based US Midget engine.....

Any ideas????

Thanks!

Old 7 Apr 2004, 21:44 (Ref:933879)   #914
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Question:

In the Monza LMP2 list, there is a Tampolli listed with a Ford engine...

Anybody know which Ford Engine?

Maybe a WRC Focus engine????

Ford has a 3.0 L V-6 and a 3.8 L V-6 production engines, but no V-8s that would be able to be downsized enough to make this happen....

BTW...the production V-6s have 24 valves, etc....

I seriously doubt that anyone in Europe would hook up with a derivative from a Ford-based US Midget engine.....

Any ideas????

Thanks!
After so googling I found a website which stated it is a Ford Cosworth engine of 3500 cc and another which states it originates from a Ford Mondeo.

I know the Ford Mondeo Silhouette in the Belcar has 3.0 V6 (I guess this one is based on the engine of the Ford Mondeo ST220).

MSE has a Ford Mondeo Turbo (also in Belcar). The engine looks like this; so I suppose it's a Cosworth WRC engine, as it is a 4 cilinder turbo.

Last edited by gwyllion; 7 Apr 2004 at 21:51.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 23:41 (Ref:933940)   #915
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
I suppose it could even be something from the Cosworth DFV family- the Tampolli is entered by Rainieri Randaccio, who has been aound sportscars since Group C, and did run a Cosworth V8-powered Lucchini SR1 at one point in the early years of the ISRS/SRWC/FIASCC
Old 8 Apr 2004, 00:45 (Ref:933963)   #916
independent
Racer

independent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Lammers situation has a bit to do with how much funding Chris Dyson will bring to the team for LeMans. They were waiting until after the LMES test to see if Dyson would be a fit.
Old 8 Apr 2004, 05:19 (Ref:934040)   #917
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by gwyllion

1 Audi Sport Japan Team Goh (Tom Kristensen), 1:39.411 (WED)
2 Dome (Jan Lammers), 1:39.483 (WED)
3 DBA (Nicolas Minassian), 1:39.499 (WED)
4 Audi Sport UK Team Veloqx (Pierre Kaffer), 1:39.604 (WED)
5 Pescarolo Courage
(DSC mentions a time of 1:40.618, so I guess they went a bit faster in the afternoon)
6 Audi Sport UK Team Veloqx (Jamie Davies), 1:40.474 (WED)
I'm still impressed by Pescarolo's work... hope it's under 1'40 !

What about the RollCentre Dallara ? Was it in the pace of the best cars ? Do we have a complete board of times (even unofficial) somewhere ?

Last edited by Fab; 8 Apr 2004 at 06:56.
Old 8 Apr 2004, 07:59 (Ref:934102)   #918
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Ouest-France posted the lap times this morning :
1. Audi Goh (Kristensen) 1'39''401
2. Dome-Judd (Lammers) 1'39''483
3. Zytek (Minassian) 1'39''499
4. Audi UK (McNish) 1'39''604
5. Pescarolo-Judd (Bourdais) 1'39''705
6. Audi UK (Davies) 1'40''474

Bourdais is officialy under 1'40 !!!

And Henri says that the car was "tight" (opposite of "lose", is that right ?) : with a better trim, he thinks he could catch the Goh Audi...

The car accomplished 1900 kms those two days, and the engine had already 2500 kms before to be cramed in the Pescarolo chassis...

Last edited by Fab; 8 Apr 2004 at 08:02.
Old 8 Apr 2004, 08:09 (Ref:934110)   #919
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Fab - Check your PMs
Old 8 Apr 2004, 08:32 (Ref:934128)   #920
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I for one hope to see the RfH domes in the LMES, the only chance i'm going to get to see these cars this year is at the Silverstone round, and I would be disappointed if they didn't turn up, as they such quality cars, with a well run organization
I do believe he is playing the game a bit though, but all we need is one more drop out at LM and then he'll get the two cars, and hopefully then deem it possible to enter the whole of the LMES season.

Pretty please Mr Lammmers.....

Ed
Old 8 Apr 2004, 10:59 (Ref:934241)   #921
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some nice pictures of the Lister LMP on the Tom Coronel website.
Old 8 Apr 2004, 11:28 (Ref:934263)   #922
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
still looks like a batmobile

Personally I prefered it with the cool rainbow effects of last year to the silver sections.
Old 8 Apr 2004, 12:27 (Ref:934305)   #923
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
The official LMES website also has all times for the second test day.

http://www.lmes.net/fr/index.asp?H=S...V1=act&id=2724
Old 8 Apr 2004, 12:56 (Ref:934332)   #924
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
And the ones of the first day can be found at
http://www.lmes.net/fr/index.asp?H=S&C=2508&V1=&id=2582
Old 8 Apr 2004, 13:32 (Ref:934377)   #925
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin
Fab - Check your PMs