Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 4 Aug 2010, 03:55 (Ref:2739168)   #226
Neptune
Racer

United States
Columbus, Ohio, USA
Neptune should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Delbert,

You can reach me at: SARL45 at hotmail.com . Email me and I'll send you info on the badges.

I thought Modus came to a rather abrupt end in Nov 1976, hence a '77 SR would have been an Argo, if Jo Marquart designed it. I suppose someone could have continued to put things together for a few months, even after Roger Andreason took over as receiver.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 05:41 (Ref:2739196)   #227
Chris Townsend
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Chris Townsend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
M1-043-F3 we have just bought from Italy it is the ex Enzo Coloni car from 1976 it originally ran a Fiat engine. The tub has the number 038 12 75. The car needs a lot of work doing to it but most of the major parts are there/or we already had a spare. We hope to have the car out later in 2010. If anbody has any images of this car it would be helpful with the livery.

Mark

I have just noticed you are in Horsham. We are rebuilding a 3.0L sportscar over in Billingshurst. A lot to do and we are coming up against a few issues with some parts.

I know we are talking about sportscars v your single seaters but it would be interesting to chat.

Thanks
Mark,
Checking my F3 results from Italy and the European championship for 1976 and 1977 it seems that Coloni appeared in a Fiat engined Modus [or any Modus] just the once.
It was probably the car used earlier in the season by Giulio Regosa, but one would have to to do a detailed reading of Autosprint reports from 1976-77 to get any sense of who used the car

Chris
Old 1 Jan 2011, 23:24 (Ref:2810054)   #228
jlr951
Rookie

United States
Medina, OH USA
jlr951 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Modus M1-006-F3

Chris and Roger have done a good job of developing the provenance of Modus M1-006-F3. See post nos. 152, 153, 158, 199 and 202 above.
It is indeed the Brise car that was 2nd at Monaco in 1974 and run by Parsons at 1975 British GP support race.
We have had the car at our shop in Bedford, Ohio since early 2006. It is mostly restored with new bodywork fitted in primer, repaired tub with new floor, all new suspension pieces by Pat Prince, all new heim joints, uprights crack checked, rechromated and new bearings, fresh MK9 Hewland from Keith Averill, shocks and calipers rebuilt, new radiator and new Fuel Safe bladder. Set up for Super Vee power with headers and bellhousing (no engine). All SCCA logbooks since Mike Rand 1977 (Formula C).
The car is available for sale or trade. See ad at: http://www.racecarsforsale.com/singl...dus-m1-f3.html

Jim Rench: jlr951@zoominternet.net or 330-760-2173
Bryan Jedinak: albagtp@roadrunner.com or 440-785-1962
Old 30 May 2011, 15:01 (Ref:2888228)   #229
GJBM
Rookie

GJBM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bryan: I am helping a friend prepare the ex-Domingo Modus for the historic wings and slicks series we are establishing in South Africa. Might you kindly be able to send me some shots of the front suspension, as we would like to get the assembly correct. Thanks in advance. millsg@eoson.co.za
Old 6 Jun 2011, 14:17 (Ref:2892183)   #230
jlr951
Rookie

United States
Medina, OH USA
jlr951 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Modus M1 photos

Pictures of the suspension setup may be found at following photo album. Hope this helps.
Jim Rench
https://picasaweb.google.com/RenchLa...at=directlink#
Old 2 May 2014, 13:30 (Ref:3400754)   #231
Dick Smallwood
Rookie

Dick Smallwood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Rear View Post
Just to add to this item, whilst looking at other things, I noted in 82 Monoposto at Mallory, Geoff Jackson had M1-044, presumably an ex-F3 car. Any help to anyone ?
044 was the Frios Bergamo M1 of Paulo Gomez which competed in some of the '76 British F3 rounds up until Paulo had a rude awakening at Clearways Brands, wiping out the entire left side. Following the accident, the car was stocked at the Modus factory until the Dutch auction was held later in the year at the shut down of the company. I visited the auction with sports 2000 racer, Peter White and put in an offer. At that time I was working in Algeria and was on leave. I returned overseas, and a few weeks later got a phonecall from my brother, Nick (of Quentune Motors fame) telling me that I was the proud owner of M1 044.
I decided to leave my job and turn my time and resources to resurrecting the sadly badly damaged baby!
I arrived at my brothers workshop in Hythe (Kent), to find that a "friend" had completely stripped it and strapped it into the workshop roof!
My first thought was to take the damage tub to Andreasons to repair or replace but I changed my mind and spent the next year stripping the tub, straightening,strengthening and refabricating until finally, along with a gash 210bhp twincam managed to get it testing at Silverstone and Brands.
Driving as a complete novice, I had never enjoyed myself as much.
The sense of achievement having done every part of the repairs, from rivetting, suspension fabbing, fibreglass and mechanics all by myself was immense.
Then money, as always, ran out and sadly had to part the ways.
I then , regrettably, sold it on to Local sports racer, Nick Cole.
Old 24 Jul 2020, 18:03 (Ref:3990631)   #232
Clint221
Rookie

Clint221 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re Modus M4 11

Hi, I came across this thread today by accident to be honest, but I know Brian McGinley (N Ireland) and I think he actually owned the M4 11 and used it for hill climbs, sprints etc. I think it had a Hart 420R engine fitted. As far as I know theres still an old nose cone belonging to it at his house. Next time I'm taking to him I'll find out more about it but I recall him saying he did a deal with it for an ex Derek Warwick F2 Toleman.
Old 24 Jul 2020, 22:15 (Ref:3990655)   #233
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An ex-Warwick Toleman?! I would be very interested to know more about that!